corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Internet vs high street shopping.

Poll: Internet vs high street shopping.
Internet. 28 (62.22%)
High street. 3 (6.67%)
Both. 14 (31.11%)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Internet vs high street shopping.
ed

User status: Offline
15th Dec 11 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The city center of Birmingham has been hell for the past month or so. I'd avoid it if I didn't live here, the Bullring is always too hot, you get barged into by dickeads not looking where they're going on the high street and there are so many people it's unreal. If I'm buying clothes for myself, the shops in my price range also seem to sell the same tat over and over again with different labels in them. Do not like.
AndyKent

15th Dec 11 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At christmas I'm mostly high street actually. Easier to pick up small bits and pieces and displays give ideas on presents I otherwise wouldn't think of.

Rest of the year definitely online.
Ben G

15th Dec 11 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate it when you're walking behind people and they just stop for about 10 seconds before walking into a shop. you can either pile straight into them or shuffle your way through 50 other people to get around them.
nathy_87

15th Dec 11 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bullring is a fricken nightmare at anytime of the year. You tried the Mailbox?
ed

15th Dec 11 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really got anything in it.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

15th Dec 11 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Online for me.

Cheaper and not needing to traipse round town for hours are of equal benefit to me.

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Eddx14xe

15th Dec 11 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Online for pretty much everything now a days. I occassionally go out to the shops with my girlfriend, friends etc for something go do/to get out the house. But all my xmas bits have be bought online and most things i buy online, unless i need it that day.
3CorsaMeal

15th Dec 11 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fcuk the shops, too old fashioned.

never had so much greif as buying trainers in the shops, trawling round all of them, only to find some you like and they not in stock, then you have to go back to all previous shops checking whats in stock and picking what you like from those

_Allan_

15th Dec 11 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I simply signed up to the M&M direct premuim service £15 for the year. Free next day delivery and returns. Always something I want and so far not seen cheaper in the shops. Unless there is a one off sale and even then they tend to have wacky sizes etc...

[Edited on 15-12-2011 by _Allan_]
noshua

15th Dec 11 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I usually end up just buying food when I go shopping.

Prefer doing most things online as it's cheaper, but with clothes I do prefer to look and try them on before buying.

Sometimes I do buy 2 different sizes if it's free returns though.
Jamie Walby

15th Dec 11 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Certain things I prefer to buy online, some in shops.

Clothes I tend to buy in shops.

CDs/DVDs online.

Having said that, some brands of clothes I know my size, so if I see something online and am confident of the fit, I will buy it.

I also quite enjoy going into HMV and just browsing and picking up CDs I perhaps would not normally buy.

Cavey

15th Dec 11 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Supposedly Derby is (for the population) the internet shopping capital of England, we're delivering more parcels this month than Birmingham and Leicester.

Online is far better, especially at this time of year.
Ben G

15th Dec 11 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only thing though is postage can be expensive and/or unreliable

i bought 2 small items off ebay sunday, they were posted monday, first class and received them this afternoon.

i also sent a parcel out on monday, first class, which got to its destination tuesday morning.

Graham88

15th Dec 11 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done everything online, had most of my Xmas shopping done within an hour including registering for a few sites etc. Clothes shopping all done online now too, I love not having to trail through shops. Only problem is not being able to try stuff on, but free returns or pay £1.49 for a returns stamp just incase and that's that problem solved.
smcGSI16V

15th Dec 11 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do everything online except clothes and food shopping.

Although I do tend to look aat clothes and try them on, on the high street then look for them cheaper online. Which sometimes works.
JonnyJ

15th Dec 11 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did all my xmas shopping at 2am last night online in about an hour, so much easier than trouncing round shops in the freezing cold.

Happy to buy anything online really, except trainers/shoes, i like to try those on.
Gary
Premium Member

15th Dec 11 at 17:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fro
Oh and that dark shop in bluewater....what is the fucking point. Making people queue up outside to get into your shop because it's dark and unsafe to have too many in at once, TURN THE FUCKING LIGHTS ON. Tried to walk in and got told to queue, said no thanks and walked off.

Might find one of these places and go in with a head torch.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Internet vs high street shopping. 25 database queries in 0.0173340 seconds