corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ambulance service

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ambulance service
Kerry

User status: Offline
6th Jan 12 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Ambulance staff are only doing it because it was a easy job to get, they don't care about people, just themselves.

this is the problem with all of the public sector, governments, local councils, all in it for themselves and put themselves first.

How can you even say its an easy job
LeeM

6th Jan 12 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He said easy job to get, which I've been lead to believe they are by 2 I used to know
Kerry

6th Jan 12 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok my bad, easy job to get, still not easy!
Starting wage is shit, top paramedic wage isnt even that great and along with all the horrors why would anyone want to do it just because its easy to get? Its probably easy so people are more attracted to actually doing it...
3CorsaMeal

6th Jan 12 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

easy job to get.

Probably sent out CV's to local companies run by proper business men and failed there, so they end up working as a road cleaner or ambulance driver or typing in the local council office.

Always takes these people longer to get stuff done too, no one ever communicates within the industry either

was looking at my local parish council website and amazed that all they are doing is making lists of all the problems they have with the town and the district council and not getting any further than that. Just making lists as if thats their work done, passing the blame and making sure they have a good excuse.

Its the year 2012 and we have 28 people who are meant to be there for the town, yet they achieve nothing. I believe this is the problem with all of society really. (people being unprofessional and putting more effort into covering arses than fixing problems)

Grrrr
3CorsaMeal

6th Jan 12 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe not the drivers fault, but those in charge who should of worked this system out.
LeeM

6th Jan 12 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
Starting wage is shit, top paramedic wage isnt even that great and along with all the horrors why would anyone want to do it just because its easy to get? Its probably easy so people are more attracted to actually doing it...

Hence demanding payment for interupting your break. And like I'll say whenever public sector people moan about pay, the pay scales are very clearly advertised before they even apply. If you don't a want to do that job for that wage then don't apply
Colin

6th Jan 12 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got to take time out breaks all the time I think in some jobs where you find its only you thats there able to respond that its reasonably tolerable to eat/shit/rest when you can. I do anyway, if I can save the day then I dont mind a short/late break!
Conway563

6th Jan 12 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
quote:
So you expect them to work 12 hour shifts without a break? Surely that would increase risk on loosing peoples lives?

What are they doing when they aren't attending a call?

usually standing down which means parked up sat in the ambulance waiting for a call

Not having an uninterrupted break which means being able to eat and take a shit in peace

Dont agree with being paid for being interrupted, but you can flame me all you like, i agree they should be allowed atleast 20 minutes uninterrupted in a 12 hour shift of saving lives! Id be pissed also if one made a mistake because they had been over worked

Also if they take an uninterrupted break there should be another crew covering them, its not like they are the only ambulance on the road that day! There are several!

[Edited on 06-01-2012 by Kerry]

Sounds like a break to me
I'm not saying they don't deserve a break but I'd never become involved in healthcare expecting to decide who I got to treat depending on whether I've had something to eat and if not demand extra money for it

It's the same as any other job IMO, you fit the break around the workload
LeeM

6th Jan 12 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Ive got to take time out breaks all the time I think in some jobs where you find its only you thats there able to respond that its reasonably tolerable to eat/shit/rest when you can. I do anyway, if I can save the day then I dont mind a short/late break!

You worked hard for your job and appreciate it though. And I imagine if you took public sector tactics and downed tools for a day to demand better pay you'd be on the first chopper home and swiftly replaced?
Kerry

6th Jan 12 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
quote:

Hence demanding payment for interupting your break. And like I'll say whenever public sector people moan about pay, the pay scales are very clearly advertised before they even apply. If you don't a want to do that job for that wage then don't apply

it also clearly says you get an uninterrupted break
So like any terms that are broken surely you would be annoyed?
what if you were told at work there were no more lunch breaks allowed, and you can just eat around doing your job? and i bet you wouldnt moan if they said they were gonna give you £100 instead

yes i agree they shouldn't be paid if it is, and if its a live or die situation then they should respond totally! But also surely we shouldn't be going on about not being entitled to an uninterrupted break in the first place!
LeeM

6th Jan 12 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back to my previous comment then Kerry, do you agree a&e doctors should be allowed to do the same?
Mertin

6th Jan 12 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Say they have sat stood down for an hour and a half and then start their break, make a cup of tea and then they get a call. So they want £100 for interrupting their break, after theyve sat doing nothing or very little for an hour and a half! They should take the good with the bad, getting to sit about doing very little (i assume) while being pad and having to sacrifice a tea break
Kerry

6th Jan 12 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that what happens then Mertin? They sit around for an hour and half waiting for a call?
I didnt realise that fact sorry.
In that case your totally right and i should shut up

Dom

6th Jan 12 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

it also clearly says you get an uninterrupted break
So like any terms that are broken surely you would be annoyed?
what if you were told at work there were no more lunch breaks allowed, and you can just eat around doing your job? and i bet you wouldnt moan if they said they were gonna give you £100 instead

yes i agree they shouldn't be paid if it is, and if its a live or die situation then they should respond totally! But also surely we shouldn't be going on about not being entitled to an uninterrupted break in the first place!

Got source? I've always imagined emergency services are all similar ie: expect to get interrupted on a break.
Kerry

6th Jan 12 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will show my source when mertin shows his
Kerry

6th Jan 12 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Back to my previous comment then Kerry, do you agree a&e doctors should be allowed to do the same?

I dont know what happens when they are on shift in terms of breaks and stuff so i cant comment
Dom

6th Jan 12 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

So you can't then?

I very much doubt that their contract states that their breaks are to be uninterrupted.

[Edited on 06-01-2012 by Dom]
Ellis

6th Jan 12 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
never mind sacking them, stab the cunts and attend to them once youre finished having a brak, utter shitcunts!

Agree
Nath

6th Jan 12 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bunch of cunts. As if there isn't time when they are sitting doing nothing. It's not like they'll be doing stuff or on the blower for 12 hours straight.
Mertin

6th Jan 12 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Is that what happens then Mertin? They sit around for an hour and half waiting for a call?
I didnt realise that fact sorry.
In that case your totally right and i should shut up

Well correct me and tell me what they do then?

Also if you look at my post I said I assume, as I cant know the ins and outs of every job in the country. Its a bloody corsa forum
Kerry

6th Jan 12 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so why are any of is having this discussion if we don't fully know the facts?
Robbo

6th Jan 12 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i used to work at my last palce near oxford, the NHS asked if they could put an ambulance station in our car park as it was ideally located, just for one ambulance and crew during down time. the damn thing was there almost all day long, the occassional call out altho very rarely with sirens and blues and twos... granted this was a small-ish town near a small-ish city,b ut even so
Kerry

6th Jan 12 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

So you can't then?

I very much doubt that their contract states that their breaks are to be uninterrupted.

Maybe, but then why are staff being offered a payment to buy out of the protected scheme?
Mertin

6th Jan 12 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
so why are any of is having this discussion if we don't fully know the facts?

If that was the case then this forum would be pretty dead if you had to fully know all the facts before posting in a thread, unless everyones perfect and knows everything
Colin

6th Jan 12 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see those Fal-doc paramedics sat about waiting on 'business' all the time....

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ambulance service 22 database queries in 0.0155201 seconds