corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Honda Civic Type R

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Honda Civic Type R
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 12 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have seen decent smart repairs
big eck

23rd Jan 12 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got the rear bumper of my R32 blown in and you'd never know it'd been done.
Kyle T
Premium Member

23rd Jan 12 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good stuff, these guys have got a fair reputation round these parts so I'm quite confident in leaving it there for a day.

DO WANT

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
gavin18787
Premium Member

24th Jan 12 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£70 doesnt sound bad from a place with a good rep

Washed mine today and dont know what the fucks happened to the rear bumper its gained a massive spot/lump like a paint bubble. Hope it doesnt flake off can only assume something has flicked up it that didnt agree with it

Chargers sound better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5ItRLta9_Y&list=UU2t8VDaeyAzvf-UTj9GRo5w&index=4&feature=plcp

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Jan 12 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds ace.

I must have priced up my Supercharger kit, install and tune along with some auxiliary parts a million times now

Baby steps... suspension and brakes this year, and blow some cash on some wheels perhaps.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

29th Jan 12 at 14:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car is booked in to the bodyshop to have my splitter sorted out at the rear. Hopefully that'll be looking spotless in a couple of weeks!

Any honest thoughts on the standard alloys powdercoated white? I've never really thought of having my wheels refurbed in a different colour as I've got my eye on the rota's for later in the year - but some freshly powdercoated wheels have popped up on ebay with no reserve and a low starting bid.

I put a max bid in which I was confident I could turn a profit on, but I expect it to get outbid before the auction runs it's course... and I'm now thinking how white would look on my car so I could swap my tyres over and then sell my standard wheels on to absorb most of (if not all of) the cost of the white ones.

I may increase my max bid if I think the wheels will look good, but I'm struggling to A) find some red CTRs with white standard wheels and B) visualise it properly with my lack of imagination

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Rich H

29th Jan 12 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good, never even noticed the different bumpers on other cars in the past - I'm sure I must have seen one with a GP kit though - looks far better!

Plans sound good too.

In regards to a detailer btw: http://www.professional-car-valeting.com/
Kyle T
Premium Member

29th Jan 12 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Rich, I have to say I don't think I've ever seen a GP Kitted one other than mine on the road... but then I've never seen a GSI kitted Corsa with Speedlines on the road either

I found a picture of a red one with GP kit and white 18's.

Hmmm... still not decided.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
big eck

29th Jan 12 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deffo go for black wheels. They'll match the black bumper inserts much better.
taylorboosh

29th Jan 12 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

black would look amazing with a set of big red brake calipers behind them

white looks well too mind
Kyle T
Premium Member

29th Jan 12 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm really not a fan of the standard 18's in black, but the GR6's look sweet in steel grey which I think would suite the splitters nicely.

The only reason I talk of white is because of a potential ebay bargain, I'd have never considered different coloured standard wheels otherwise... maybe the wrong reasons to change wheels, but the idea is growing on me the more I try to visualise it.

Funny you should mention calipers too, when I first picked up the car I thought about brakes as an early upgrade purely because the standards aren't up to much aesthetically

When I looked into it, there was no way I was paying big brake upgrade kit prices just for aesthetics, I'm no track fiend!

That said, the DC5 came with Brembo calipers and are a straight swap onto the FN2 with S2000 disks. I reckon ~£500 can get me the fronts sorted so I may consider it.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
taylorboosh

29th Jan 12 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would look great
gavin18787
Premium Member

30th Jan 12 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im a fan of the standard 18s think white looks ace on milano red. almost did mine white but was put off by the cleaning regime it would incur. seen one on grey 18s and it looked ace

gavin18787
Premium Member

30th Jan 12 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here we go from south mimms honda meet oct 2011

[Edited on 30-01-2012 by gavin18787]

Kyle T
Premium Member

30th Jan 12 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't see those pics!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
big eck

30th Jan 12 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me either. If you don't like the black then the white to make them stand out would look good.
gavin18787
Premium Member

30th Jan 12 at 21:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try now

Was on my phone before

I almost did mine white but very glad I did mine antracite now. low maintaince FTW
Plus its a bit less "look at me" which is good imo

Kyle T
Premium Member

30th Jan 12 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm that top one looks pretty nice actually in the darker wheels!

Choices choices...

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

31st Jan 12 at 08:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, decided not to pursue the white ones. I only considered them in the first place because it looks like they will go for a bargain, but that's the wrong reason to change wheels I'm sure

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

4th Feb 12 at 12:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A wee cheap mod for the weekend:

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
gavin18787
Premium Member

4th Feb 12 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nicely done

Need to repaint mine as my red calipers are now brown as they got really hot and a track day

Kyle T
Premium Member

11th Feb 12 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I collected the car from the bodyshop this morning and I'm impressed with my £70 worth of paint!

You can't really see the colour mismatch before the paintjob as I don't have a good photo of it - but you can see some of the touchup bodged damage quite clearly here:

The orange looking paint is hiding several gouges into the plastic.

After shot:

Covered in bodyshop dust and it's too cold to get the pressure washer out for a proper photo - but it looks good to me!

[Edited on 11-02-2012 by Kyle T]

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Wrighty

12th Mar 12 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tidy

when we starting this dax
Ben G

12th Mar 12 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that before shot is what my focus looked like after i bashed up a dropped kerb touched it in with the worlds worst colour matched paint and the buyer didn't notice at the time of sale
Kyle T
Premium Member

13th Mar 12 at 16:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty

when we starting this dax

Maybe next year

Got a quote for -15mm eibach springs with some camber adjustment bolts and rear shims, then fitting according to TDI-Norths definition of a "fast road setup". £570 that comes in at, so will probably get that booked soon.

Also "booked" in with a friend with a machine polisher to get my swirls out - hopefully attacking that early in April.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Honda Civic Type R 24 database queries in 0.0181010 seconds