corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Great deal.....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Great deal.....
antnee

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 12 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are people actually saying they would prefer to fully own a M3 and lose 25k on it, rather than 'hire' one for 16k over the same period?

Colin

23rd Jan 12 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But if were talking boring company car's something that fits that description wouldnt be much less money to rent. So a partial interest is still there I guess. Im not quite at veccy derv estate time just yet.

Mate of mine pays 370 a month for a A4 diesel on hire i'd be more frustrated at paying that than this for the M3
Colin

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
Are people actually saying they would prefer to fully own a M3 and lose 25k on it, rather than 'hire' one for 16k over the same period?

Looks that way..........

John

Someone in this thread, I'm not saying who, is jealous that they've got a car from the 80's lying in bits in the garage that can't be driven for years at a time, instead of a nice new fast one that could be used every day.
James

23rd Jan 12 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I'm pretty sure if someone got some accurate figures it wouldn't quite be that black and white.
Colin

23rd Jan 12 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think he is, hes maybe just being a bit shortsighted on his requirements & likes V's mine.

Ive got a manual job, not sitting in a cosy office, thus I have no aspiration to be ripping into cars at the weekend any more. When I was younger I loved it.
Colin

23rd Jan 12 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
quote:

I'm pretty sure if someone got some accurate figures it wouldn't quite be that black and white.

That was the figures given by someone thats just px'd a June 2010 convertible DCT against a new F10 M5.

The px value is probably generous tbh considering the deals on offer just now, think his value is what BMW sell 2011 cars for!!
Hammer

23rd Jan 12 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much is a brand new M3 of identical spec to the one being hired?
Colin

23rd Jan 12 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
may as well be looking at my dads company cars and telling him well done.

So true.

I can't really argue as my next car will probably be partially financed. The things I don't really agree with are people going out and buying 90%+ of a car on finance and then making out they are some big player as they have an expensive car. I guess the same could be said of this leasing rubbish, although if someone wants to spend £16.5k over 2 years and have nothing to show for it then be my guest.

I dont think its a problem, new car, set payments, get the experience without the hassle.

Anyway if were talking about affordability all flash with no cash people, I dont think that applies here with me, I know more way people with massive mortgages they shouldnt have ever been allowed to get given by greedy bonus hungry bankers than people with flash rented vehicles!

Wheres the real problem with society surely it doesnt lie with people like me happy to rent a car!?
mwg

23rd Jan 12 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Someone in this thread, I'm not saying who, is jealous that they've got a car from the 80's lying in bits in the garage that can't be driven for years at a time, instead of a nice new fast one that could be used every day.

Do it Colin. Interlagos Blue
Colin

23rd Jan 12 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer

£56,280
mwg

23rd Jan 12 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody hell that's cheap you should definitely splash £56,280 cash out instead of leasing it. In fact buy 2.
Colin

23rd Jan 12 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think anyone buying a new M3 will pay that for it, theres too many deals on them to pay list!

If it floats flies fucks or drives rent it!!

[Edited on 23-01-2012 by Colin]
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
23rd Jan 12 at 12:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just maths and anyone who is talking about offsetting the depreciation in the same time period is correct in what they say.

Of course you would be very stupid indeed to lose more money just so you can say that you owned the car.

If you can afford to lose that much PM it's probably a preferable way to drive one. I say probably because I'm not sure what the depreciation is like - you're not comparing like for like with that guy on the forum because his cost £20k more which probably accounts for a proportion of his loss.

Also - not sure if that deal assumes you are going to be claiming the VAT back as a company purchase, not sure you'll be in that position?

[Edited on 23-01-2012 by Ian]
Ben G

23rd Jan 12 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

suprised thegsi hasn't come into this thread yet.

i think it's a good deal when you compare it to my discounted special employee offer which i posted, for a fucking focus.
Colin

23rd Jan 12 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not self employed at the minute but its been looked upon so a future possibility. Currently shacked up with an accountant as well.

Im just looking at loads of stuff Ian, need a car soon, will no doubt be something else next week you know what im like.
Colin

23rd Jan 12 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
suprised thegsi hasn't come into this thread yet.

i think it's a good deal when you compare it to my discounted special employee offer which i posted, for a fucking focus.

Yep, anything costs money nowdays.

Even a focus tdi would be several hundred quid a month. Its all pounds to the ground whatever way you look at handing it over!!
Ben G

23rd Jan 12 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3cm still lives with his mum, so has plenty of disposable income every month to spend on fake guns and replica car parts. doesn't have an understanding of the way the world works.
richc

23rd Jan 12 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
may as well be looking at my dads company cars and telling him well done.

So true.

I can't really argue as my next car will probably be partially financed. The things I don't really agree with are people going out and buying 90%+ of a car on finance and then making out they are some big player as they have an expensive car. I guess the same could be said of this leasing rubbish, although if someone wants to spend £16.5k over 2 years and have nothing to show for it then be my guest.

Well looking at Colins figures it worked out better to lease than buying it, depreciating a fuck load, then selling on. Leasing would save £9.5k on the basis?

Did you buy your resisdance cash? I hate it when people have some fancy apartment on finance and think they are a big player as they have a nice place to live

PS. I live with my mum and dont have a car on finance.

[Edited on 23-01-2012 by richc]
Hammer

23rd Jan 12 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer

£56,280

The only equation of any note then would be is the difference between £39,930 and how much it would cost after 2 years enough to make you want to hand it back after that period or not.

Looking at Parkers, the difference would be negligible.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
23rd Jan 12 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very quick comparison but - http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3506007.htm

£34k so he's been offered £31k on the trade in, lost £25k.

Losing £16k for the same car good looks favourable.

Of course assuming you can put up with knowing that you don't own it
Colin

23rd Jan 12 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep coupled with the fact I dont have 56 thousand pounds, buying on HP would be a grand a month & i'd still want to change it in 2yrs time if getting an M3 then this is the way to go about it!
Tomnova16
Premium Member

23rd Jan 12 at 12:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you know my thoughts

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Colin

23rd Jan 12 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Very quick comparison but - http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3506007.htm

£34k so he's been offered £31k on the trade in, lost £25k.

Losing £16k for the same car good looks favourable.

Of course assuming you can put up with knowing that you don't own it

Thats the doors blown off buying then!!

If talking ownership then technically I only own the clothes on my back....pah what does it matter!!

3CorsaMeal

23rd Jan 12 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
3cm still lives with his mum, so has plenty of disposable income every month to spend on fake guns and replica car parts. doesn't have an understanding of the way the world works.

Didn't you get into the whole pay as you car thing, and then found out your overpaying for a boring ford focus so had to get a tigra

Well good mate

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Great deal..... 23 database queries in 0.0158958 seconds