corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Uninsured driver gets hit, but not there fault

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Uninsured driver gets hit, but not there fault
Seany

User status: Offline
27th Jan 12 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the police pursue it your mum will probably be looking at 6 points and a fine. Insurance doesn't auto renew in some cases unfortunately. She can still claim through the other insurance though her not having insurance at the time will probably make it harder to chase them up.
Butler

27th Jan 12 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John is right, you should be making the claim through the insurance of the woman who admitted liability.
Corsa_Sport21

27th Jan 12 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell your mum to tell the other driver to take a run and jump as thats not how insurance works. And that she will be claiming through their insurance for the damage on her car (your mums).
baza31

27th Jan 12 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell your mum to start taking responsibility for her own actions . She was uninsured it's only her fault . I have no sympathy to behonest. I know it's easy to forget same with mots etc but if you want to drive a car then you need to be on ball with the running of it
FAZ
Premium Member

27th Jan 12 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doesnt insurance renew automatically unless you switch companies / advise the previous insurance company??
flybikeslee

27th Jan 12 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
Tell your mum to start taking responsibility for her own actions . She was uninsured it's only her fault . I have no sympathy to behonest. I know it's easy to forget same with mots etc but if you want to drive a car then you need to be on ball with the running of it

it's her fault she's uninsured correct...at no point have i made out otherwise. However it was the other persons fault who drove into her. so politely get off your high horse and do one
flybikeslee

27th Jan 12 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FAZ
doesnt insurance renew automatically unless you switch companies / advise the previous insurance company??

apparantly not faz!
Baskey

27th Jan 12 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

What the fuck are you on about ?

Because she had no insurance it's ok for someone to crash into her?? How does that work?? If he got out and smashed her in the face would that be ok too as she had no insurance?
baza31

27th Jan 12 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Baskey
quote:

Because she had no insurance it's ok for someone to crash into her?? How does that work?? If he got out and smashed her in the face would that be ok too as she had no insurance?

The women who bumped into wanted her insurance details it's what you do when u have crash no matter who's fault, insurance companies deal with rest. But his mum doesn't have details because she's uninsured . Therefore your mum can't moan about the outcome . Its all uninsured drivers that crank every other fuckers insurance up
nick_sri

27th Jan 12 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

The women who bumped into wanted her insurance details it's what you do when u have crash no matter who's fault, insurance companies deal with rest. But his mum doesn't have details because she's uninsured . Therefore your mum can't moan about the outcome . Its all uninsured drivers that crank every other fuckers insurance up

its not like she went out knowing she had no insurance , it was a mistake we all make them, wind your neck in
Ben G

27th Jan 12 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry guys i agree with baza here, harsh that she fot hit but in a way also lucky she didnt crash into someone else first.

id say she can still claim off the other persons insurance as she wont be involving her own (if she had any) as it wasnt her fault.

out of interest, if your car was on your driveway, uninsured, and someone hit it, the same would apply then, wouldnt it?
Corsa_Sport21

27th Jan 12 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What would apply?? The person who hit your car on the drive, could try and claim off of your insurance even though they were at fault??

Hmm, might go out and reverse into some1 and claim off there insurance. Could do with a new rear bumper.
daymoon
Premium Member

27th Jan 12 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It seems that companies changed their rules as my mate got a reminded about insurance and that states that it is not renewed automatically. Before it used to be other way round were insurance would renew if you didn't call them!
dannyboy17

27th Jan 12 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
What would apply?? The person who hit your car on the drive, could try and claim off of your insurance even though they were at fault??

Hmm, might go out and reverse into some1 and claim off there insurance. Could do with a new rear bumper.

i think he ment if the car was parked on private property uninsured and some one some how crashed into it, would you still be able to claim of the person?
baza31

27th Jan 12 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

27-01-2012 at 15:34   
quote:
quote:
quote:

its not like she went out knowing she had no insurance , it was a mistake we all make them, wind your neck in

Yes mistakes happen but when her mistakes can effect other people who haven't made a mistake this is when there becomes a problem. I am sure she's had numerous reminders and calls and I dont think for one minute she just forgot for two months . It's not about me winding my neck in , am insured, I pay nearly 3 grand for my traders . If your mum crashed into me uninsured not only would I not be able to claim off her I'd have to claim on my own policy and pay an increase in my premium . There's no excuse IMO .
T21SVJ

27th Jan 12 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

knowing his mum im pritty sure if she had been informed about her insurance 2 months ago she would of just re-newed the policy straight away.

she not the type of person who will try and get away with driving with no insurance.
Corsa_Sport21

27th Jan 12 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannyboy17
quote:

i think he ment if the car was parked on private property uninsured and some one some how crashed into it, would you still be able to claim of the person?

Of course you could.

Same as if some1 smacked into your wall and knocked it down, you could claim off of their insurance.
Ben G

27th Jan 12 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

wrong end of the stick. you have it.
Corsa_Sport21

27th Jan 12 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now that i re-read it i get ya.

Just when u said you agree with baza, i thought you were implying she was at fault.
LeeM

27th Jan 12 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seen this many times. If the police didn't attend the scene they won't have an interest.
If the other person is at fault you use her insurance, the lack of insurance on your mums part doesn't remove any liability from the other party, nor does it remove your mums legal right to be put back in the position she was in prior to the accident (in this case, an unmanaged car)
bigron1988

27th Jan 12 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pics of your mum needed tbh
Bobber123

27th Jan 12 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a bit like asking somebody to pay for your car if you drove into the back of them, thats not how it works, what if a car drove into you whilst walking accross a zebra crossing, they wouldnt ask you for money to fix their car? yes it was a stupid mistake not having insurance but mistakes are easy to make... i didnt realise my tax had ran out for a month as my reminder got sent to my old house just after i moved home.
as mentioned above, get the car insured asap and kindly inform the woman who crashed into your mum that the cars will be repaired at the cost of HER insurers and not your mums (even though at the time she did not have cover)
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

28th Jan 12 at 00:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What I want to know from all this is when did Baza suddenly grow some morals?

Most of the companies I've been insured with haven't auto renewed. Generally if you pay annually, they don't auto renew in my experience. I've also never had a call to tell me my insurance has expired so it's perfectly viable that his Mum missed one letter or forgot reading it and that has led to this situation.

Don't get me wrong, the fact there's uninsured drivers out there pisses me off massively. I have to pay over £1200 to insure a 1.3 diesel van at 25 with 6 years ncb which is disgusting enough but then there's other people who just don't bother, if they get caught, £250 fine, that'd still be a £1000 pound saving for me if I only got caught once in a year What a system to have, where the punishment for the crime actually costs less than not committing the crime in the first place In this case though, she's not intentionally avoided paying, she's not attempting to play the system, she's made a valid mistake. Do you really think this thread would've been made if she didn't originally believe that she had insurance in place?
Toby
Premium Member

28th Jan 12 at 07:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm still trying to get around the fact that the woman who drove into your mum thinks your mums insurance would fix her car!
cavmad

28th Jan 12 at 07:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How will her getting insured now help matters?
The other party's insurers will want to see the certificate for the day the accident happened and if this lad's mum wants her insurers to help they'll fuck her right off when they realise what's happened. |If she's unlucky they might even see it as some kind of fraud at the same time, then she's really up shit creek without a paddle.

Two options that I can see: either front the third party out, explain it was their fault and they can gtf or take it on the chin and pay repair costs.
Personally I'd opt for the latter: if their insurance start poking round or the they decide to take it to a small claims court this woman is going to be knackered.
Also despite the expense of forking our for repairs it'll be a lot cheaper in the long run as six points on her licence means much increased insurance costs for the next few years.

It was her fault for not being insured whichever way you look at it and she should do the honourable thing and cough up regardless of who was to blame.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Uninsured driver gets hit, but not there fault 22 database queries in 0.0143230 seconds