corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ATS!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ATS!!!
BYRON

User status: Offline
11th Feb 12 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whitter - who is your employer? More importantly, who is the lease company?
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

11th Feb 12 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V
This is the reason I don't go to places like ats, kwik fit, national tyres etc etc and take my cars to a place that have decent technicans that arent all dicks and don't care.

You should try replacing a set of 18" runflats using a raggedy old tyre machine the company wont replace before generalising employees like that.

I'm a time served mechanic and ended up working in one of the aforementioned places, i dont particularly like my job, or the fact my careers resulted in me working there, but beggers cant always be choosers.

Edit - The way my rota works allows me to still work part time in a job i do enjoy but isnt busy enough to secure a full time position in working alongside my dad as a motorcycle technician.

[Edited on 11-02-2012 by Archie]
taylorboosh

11th Feb 12 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my local part worn lad did four tyres on my freshly painted cupra wheels.. sctratched one, he gave me that tyre free and repainted the wheel himself to a high standard
Ojc

11th Feb 12 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
My local place I've used for years and they are top notch. They've had really low profile stuff for the VXR and Audi and never damaged a wheel. Nice guys too. It's luck of the draw though with finding a place. I avoid chain places like Kwikshit, ATS because the individual places rely more on repeat business so care more.
GteRedtop

11th Feb 12 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kwikshit? lol they just dont get old. You must work on market stall or somthing? Imo the 4th and 5th picture down in the pictures look like the wheel-wheels have been curbed and not caused by a tyre machine as its more of chunk missing out the paint rather than a scrape or a scratch by a tyre machine. Now it is in the area managers hands im sure you will be dealt with alot better and more efficiently than you would with the store manager. I must say if those are the wheels i think they are they will be 17 or 18'' runflat's and they are an asshole to fit in the wrong hands.
Dan295

11th Feb 12 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ATS have shitty old equipment, i imagine if you look inside the wheel were it grips the alloy it will be even worse. theres no excuse these days especially with new equipment. ive seen garages with proper guards which makes it physically impossible to scratch the wheels, its their own fault for not updating their equipment imo and they are liable for the consequences
whitter45

12th Feb 12 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BYRON
Whitter - who is your employer? More importantly, who is the lease company?

Hitachi capital mate
whitter45

12th Feb 12 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GteRedtop
Kwikshit? lol they just dont get old. You must work on market stall or somthing? Imo the 4th and 5th picture down in the pictures look like the wheel-wheels have been curbed and not caused by a tyre machine as its more of chunk missing out the paint rather than a scrape or a scratch by a tyre machine. Now it is in the area managers hands im sure you will be dealt with alot better and more efficiently than you would with the store manager. I must say if those are the wheels i think they are they will be 17 or 18'' runflat's and they are an asshole to fit in the wrong hands.

Can guarantee you mate they weren't curbed before hand. We will see what happens
whitter45

13th Feb 12 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just seen a pretty strong communication sent to ATS so will see how they reply
mwg

13th Feb 12 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope it gets sorted for you. It bugged the hell out of me all the time I had the damaged wheels, reality is probably only you take any notice that the damage is there but still annoying!

[Edited on 13-02-2012 by mwg]
whitter45

13th Feb 12 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Hope it gets sorted for you. It bugged the hell out of me all the time I had the damaged wheels, reality is probably only you take any notice that the damage is there but still annoying!

[Edited on 13-02-2012 by mwg]

exactly this - everyone else is saying they can hardly tell or i wouldn't even bother.
Ben J

13th Feb 12 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45

They'll shit themselves and get wheels sorted for you. No way are they going to risk a big contract!
whitter45

13th Feb 12 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
quote:
Originally posted by whitter45

They'll shit themselves and get wheels sorted for you. No way are they going to risk a big contract!

"We do a huge amount of business with ATS and our maintenance team take
feedback relating to poor service very seriously.

I'll keep you posted but please be assured that we wont leave your
wheels in their current condition and I will make sure this is resolved
to your satisfaction. "
Liam-Wilko

13th Feb 12 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so have your wheels been sorted out to your satisfaction
whitter45

13th Feb 12 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by liam-corsa-1400
so have your wheels been sorted out to your satisfaction

nope not yet - I assume no action will be taken until a decision has been made as to whether ATS are liable

Either way I expect to have alloys as they were previously at some point in the future
Liam-Wilko

13th Feb 12 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fingers corssed for ya mate
whitter45

29th Feb 12 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well bit of an update

After many calls and arguments over the phone with my lease company we are still in a position of ATS denying the damage

However my lease compnay are now repairing the wheels and chasing the claim with legal

They have agreed to fix them at their cost as this will be a lengthy process

So overall I am happy but the ATS attitude stinks to the highest order

And lesson learnt will be photos before next tyre replacement
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

29th Feb 12 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We had an insignia in ATS the other week, young lad drove on lift, left drivers door open, went to passenger side and decided it needed pushed forward! Big gauge along drivers door, tried to deny it "was there when you came" he didn't realise the whole waiting room watched it happen!

Happened to me on TT all four wheels done, wasn't at ATS they also denied it but went 50/50 on repair or money off next set of tyres!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
whitter45

19th Mar 12 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cars gone in today so should be back with nice shiny wheels lol
mwg

22nd Mar 12 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BMW/Mini damaged my rear wheel yesterday That's 3 different times at 3 different garages I've had my alloys damaged on 3 different cars!

Incompetence, not doing their job properly. At least with it being Mini if the dealer denies it I can take the complaint to Mini UK

[Edited on 22-03-2012 by mwg]
Matt L

22nd Mar 12 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ats took a chunk out of one of my alloys but didnt realised until a few weeks after i went to them so never bothered to go back
VegasPhil
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 14:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got some fat fuck at kwik-fit left the most atrocious smelly fart in my car.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Graham88

22nd Mar 12 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kwik Fit fitted 4 tyres on my BBS's without marking them, considering I'd bought the car an hour before they knew to be careful, couldnt fault them
whitter45

24th Mar 12 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a never ending story. Still not got the at back. They can't match the colour so I may end up getting 4 wheels redone now
whitter45

24th Mar 12 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
BMW/Mini damaged my rear wheel yesterday That's 3 different times at 3 different garages I've had my alloys damaged on 3 different cars!

Incompetence, not doing their job properly. At least with it being Mini if the dealer denies it I can take the complaint to Mini UK

[Edited on 22-03-2012 by mwg]

Are they refurbing the wheel for you

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ATS!!! 23 database queries in 0.0151460 seconds