corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Talk to me about Golf's (Mk3) (UPDATE PG 2)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Talk to me about Golf's (Mk3) (UPDATE PG 2)
Matty SRi

User status: Offline
15th Feb 12 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE
Well i got it! And i must say i love it! Seats are very comfy, and heat up fine. Dives perfectly and needs for nothing! Sounds awesome and even the stereo/speakers sound excellent! Only a little bit of rust on drivers sill, nothing much, and a crack in the windscreen, other than that its perfect!
I still cant believe i got a straight swap!

Will get some pictures tomorrow.

Cheers for all the help guys!
22B

15th Feb 12 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt swap a 306 dturbo for any MK3 golf, dull as dishwater comes to mind compared to the 306. As mentioned above they do love to sport a bit of rust, boot is a common point on them aswell.

Only good thing about a MK3 golf is they are built pretty solid and fairly reliable. I would only swap a 306 dturbo if it was on its last legs, as they are a superb workhorse, great on fuel and handle very well.
Matty SRi

15th Feb 12 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 306 was ok, but the drivers seat was knackered and needed a new 1, front bumper needed sorting out and a few other little niggles. But i just got bored of it and wanted something different.
This feels a much better car and the interior is excellent! Pulls very well and to me is a much better car.

Also the golf has more tax and test than what the 306 did.

[Edited on 15-02-2012 by Matty SRi]
Jed D

15th Feb 12 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not quite a vauxhall but it looks alrite that mate
Corsa_Sport21

15th Feb 12 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I loved my old Mk3 GTi 16v Anniversary.

As standard they don't handle very well, they roll about like a creel boat. Easy sorted with a suspension kit mind you and makes a world of difference. They are built like tanks mind you an.

Whats the 8v like speed wise?? My old 16v with 150bhp wasn't all that quick for a car with that power. Due to the weight. Can't imagine 1 with only 115bhp being very lively.

That aside, yours looks pretty good. Wheels are 16s though. Montreal IIs.

How much did you have your 306 up for sale for?? These CC Golfs can be had for around 1k these days.
Matty SRi

15th Feb 12 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The handy thing is i didnt even have mine up for sale, but if i did, it would of been about £750. This was orignally up for £1500 but slowly came down in price and he wanted £1000 for it then straight swapped for mine
Its not slow by any means but it is pretty nippy, it sounds brilliant aswell and sticks to the road

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Talk to me about Golf's (Mk3) (UPDATE PG 2) 22 database queries in 0.0070388 seconds