corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Lee Clark- Huddersfield- Sacked

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lee Clark- Huddersfield- Sacked
Danny P

User status: Offline
15th Feb 12 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Clark, for any faults he has, is doing well with what he has been given.

Again that can depend on various things. IMO I dont think he's doing as well as he should be doing with what he has available to him. There are managers in the league doing a much better job than him working with a lot less tallent available to them.

With the players we have we should be challenging for the Championship, at the moment we are fourth and could be 7 points behind second place should Sheff United win thier game in hand.
Danny P

15th Feb 12 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, Clark has now got the LMA involved and is trying to do us for unfair dismissal
Hammer

15th Feb 12 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who bought the players you have? What do you think of his signing of Rhodes for example who is an absolute beast in League 1 and worth 6, 7, 8 million quid for a negligible initial fee?
Danny P

15th Feb 12 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clark bought the players, but he has failed to get the best out of them. I've been excited by many of his signings but for whatever reason they have failed to deliver while at Town, and a few of them have now moved on to bigger and better things and are playing at a higher level than we are. When I say that I dont mean we improved them to do so either, they were out of the team when most of them left.

Rhodes is a one off. He has improved no end since his first season, I suppose you have to give credit to Clark and the backroom staff for that.
JonnyJ

15th Feb 12 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who would you like to see come in Danny?
Hammer

15th Feb 12 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Word on Twitter he was sacked during 2 minute phone call from the Chairman. After losing 3 matches in 55 games

You wonder why modern football is fucked.
JonnyJ

15th Feb 12 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Word on Twitter he was sacked during 2 minute phone call from the Chairman. After losing 3 matches in 55 games

You wonder why modern football is fucked.

But if the target is to win the league/automatic promotion, he hasnt achieved that in 3 seasons. He also failed in the playoffs, twice, quite spectacularly against Peterborough.

Doesnt matter how many games you go unbeaten if you arent achieving the main objective.

Aye, its harsh, but thats the way it is.

[Edited on 15-02-2012 by JonnyJ]
Danny P

15th Feb 12 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spot on Jonny. Target was promotion last season. He failed. Target this season was promotion, and so far it doesn't look like we'd be getting it with the way we've been playing. We could never lose a game again but if we were still in League One it would mean nothing. Also, we've drawn a massive amount of games during that period. Games that with a bit more endeavour we could've won, it was almost like not losing became more important to Clark than actually winning.

With regards to who I want next, Warnock would be a popular choice. Id take Grayson but many wouldn't due to his Leeds connection. Robinson at MK Dons would BR a good shout but he's unproven so not sure we'd go down that route again.

Good thing is we've not got a game for two weeks so no need to rush to get someone in.
Danny P

15th Feb 12 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's pissing me off now every man and his dog are sticking the knife in to my club without knowing the full facts. 

I not meaning you lot, folk like Wiltshire, Collymore  & Rooney. What the fuck do they know about it? Just butt the fuck out will you. 

100% of the supporters are behind Dean Hoyle the chairman. And I would guess at least 90% agree with the sacking. That's all that matters really I suppose, just all these "experts" spouting bollocks without knowing the facts is making Hudders look stupid.
Nath

20th Feb 12 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kevin Blackwell has applied for the job according to SSN !

Danny, don't let this happen.
JonnyJ

20th Feb 12 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Kevin Blackwell has applied for the job according to SSN !

Danny, don't let this happen.

Should be safe

"Simon Grayson set to be the new Huddersfield Town manager, BBC Sport understands"
Danny P

20th Feb 12 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just seen a Tweet of his son saying his Dad had got the job so looks like Grayson.

Should be interesting to see what happens. Personally I think he's the right man for the job, but a lot if fans already up in arms due to his Leeds connections. Probably be fighting in the stands come Saturday when it's announced before the game!
JonnyJ

20th Feb 12 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always rated Grayson, was gutted when Leeds got him as i knew he'd get them out of L1. He'll do the same for you I'd imagine, 50/50 this season though, a lot of strong teams in there.
Danny P

20th Feb 12 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

7 points behind Sheff United with 16 games to go. Personally think we'll be in Play Offs again this year then anything can happen.

Given him a 3 year deal though so he will be here for the long haul.
JonnyJ

20th Feb 12 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A Hudders/Sheff Weds POF would be HUGE! Could even be tempted to go along to that if York arent doing anything. Probably be MK/Stevenage though infront of 10k at wembley (2k from Stevenage)
Danny P

20th Feb 12 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldnt cope with playing Wednesday in the final, i'd have to sit in a darkend room all day to save my nervous system from shutting down
JonnyJ

20th Feb 12 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Especially if it was another 4-4

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Lee Clark- Huddersfield- Sacked 23 database queries in 0.0119700 seconds