corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » twats behind you trying to overtake when youre in a lowered car!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author twats behind you trying to overtake when youre in a lowered car!!
Sunz

User status: Offline
6th Mar 12 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they are quite aggressive then I slow down to about 5mph, isn't like they are going to get far anyway, just more humps or traffic lights
Paul W
Premium Member

6th Mar 12 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
quote:
Originally posted by Paul W
quote:
to be honest i hate people like you crawling around at 5 mph, just put your car at a normal suitable heights for the road and stop delaying other people on the road

Then why are you on a modified car site?

But yes, i hate it with a passion. It doesn't hurt you to hold back a couple of seconds to wait for someone in a lowered car who doesn't wanna smash the shit out of their sump get over a speed bump. Are you an ambulance? do you have flashing lights? no? then you can wait. Do you get pissed off when an old lady is walking across a zebra crossing and taking longer than everyone else because she's old and decrepit? Everyones so caught up in a rat race nowadays, just chill the fuck out man.

[Edited on 06-03-2012 by Paul W]

hang on a sec, where does it say modified? do you have to own a modified car to be able to have an opinion then?

for the record my car was too low and shit over speed bumps, do you know what i did? I got new suspension and made it sensible and BETTER

Well no, i didn't say you have to own a modified car to have an opinion. Just stating that the majority of cars on here are modified, and a fair few of them have lowz. At the end of the day, whether it's 'better' is down to preference/opinion etc. Each to their own and all that.

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
Jed D

6th Mar 12 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had to drive a ford ranger the other week... i got to a speedbump and crawled over it proper slow, its habit now
bigron1988

6th Mar 12 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your all doing it wrong

you just need to go realy fast inbetween them , then they will just be catching you up as you go over it ,
Ben G

6th Mar 12 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate people in standard height cars who go over bumps at 2mph.
Jed D

6th Mar 12 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have to tackle this one every weekday morning to get the little one to nursery....

note the labelled cunt parked on them and the green lines to indicate how i get over them

LOADS of locals have complained to the council about them... they are supposed to be a traffic carming measures, fair enough they dont look that big in the pic but they are utter cunts to get over in rush hour

one day i actually snapped my drivers side mount going over them

Ben G

6th Mar 12 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bet you are one of those that swerves into oncoming traffic because you think its less bad to hit someone than to damage your sump
Jed D

6th Mar 12 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
i bet you are one of those that swerves into oncoming traffic because you think its less bad to hit someone than to damage your sump

no, i take it steady and have early judgements however if there's loads of traffic and i approach the bump before then, i stop completely. its then when i have the issue of people honking and flashing at me...

this type of manifold doesnt help the situation though

[Edited on 06-03-2012 by Jed D]
Sam
Premium Member

6th Mar 12 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
to be honest i hate people like you crawling around at 5 mph, just put your car at a normal suitable heights for the road and stop delaying other people on the road

My Cougar is on standard suspension but I do this with road humps anyway because my car is quite low. Plus suspension components cost Mondeo ST220 money for my car

If I had someone behind me ranting at doing this I would deliberately drive even slower just to piss you off, just like I did with some chav in a Focus 1.6 yesterday.

[Edited on 06-03-2012 by Sam]
Ben G

6th Mar 12 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

too bloody right, if ferraris can get over them, so can you
BarnshaW

6th Mar 12 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
quote:

no, i take it steady and have early judgements however if there's loads of traffic and i approach the bump before then, i stop completely. its then when i have the issue of people honking and flashing at me...

what the fuck is wrong with that manifold, horrendous much

[Edited on 06-03-2012 by BarnshaW]
Jed D

6th Mar 12 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shitty designed stainless 4.1... must of been made by the idiot that makes scoobys

came up 30mm at the front since then^
Sean

6th Mar 12 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kieran
I get major rage at people when they do this to me. My road is full of bumps. And it takes me a while to get over them. Then you have some fuck nut in his audi giving it the biggen as he passes you!

your road is gay!
Corsa_Sport21

6th Mar 12 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dosn't bother me in the slightest.

If they want to pass and can do, then so be it. Dosn't affect my journey what so ever.

Actually thinking about it, i don't think ive had many people pass me on a speedbump. Maybe they just respect there car as much as i respect mine. Or can see that i can't just fly over the bumps so respect my car for it.
ed

6th Mar 12 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My cars not lowered and it still catches on speed bumps
corsadonk
Premium Member

6th Mar 12 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My DC2 struggles over speed bumps, and it's got standard suspension.
Jed D

6th Mar 12 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

durham is the only city in the UK without any fixed speed cameras, yet id quite happily swap all our bumps for them
Jas

6th Mar 12 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
quote:

your car has an udder
MarkM

6th Mar 12 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
I just have a car that can drive over speed bumps.
ArdenAndy

6th Mar 12 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my b is still on standard springs and shocks and i slow down to about 10-15mph because there terrible in my area.. and i always get idiots up my arse (im a learner aswell so they should be giving me loads of room) hopefully will be getting coilies in the future but only doing to go down 50-60mm ish. i usualy drive really slow if someone drives right behind me.. im planning on getting a sticker off ebay that says "the closer you get, the slower i go"
corsajay88

6th Mar 12 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ArdenAndy
my b is still on standard springs and shocks and i slow down to about 10-15mph because there terrible in my area.. and i always get idiots up my arse (im a learner aswell so they should be giving me loads of room) hopefully will be getting coilies in the future but only doing to go down 50-60mm ish. i usualy drive really slow if someone drives right behind me.. im planning on getting a sticker off ebay that says "the closer you get, the slower i go"

Sounds like a solid plan, when i have to go slow, i just ignore these people, its there poor driving, they should keep a safe distance anyway and the speed limit is 30 it means you cannot go any faster not you cant go any slower.

I have lots of experience driving the slowest vehicle on the road, one of my vehicles at work is an electric milk float type thing that will only do 8 on the flat. If they are polite and dont tailgate badly i will pull over as soon as possible otherwise i make them wait
Danny92

6th Mar 12 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i slow right down if they get pissed off tough shit i only slow to 10-15 mph so its not even that bad
antnee

6th Mar 12 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How about just man the fuck up and take speed humps at a normal speed. I have had cars with around 2" of ground clearance but never had people trying to overtake me.
ArdenAndy

6th Mar 12 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont really fancy having to buy new springs or shocks everytime i decide i want to go out of my village ahaa, like danny said.. 10-15 mph isnt even bad, people should be greatful because we are causing them to go slower which means there cars will have less bump caused problems
corsajay88

6th Mar 12 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
How about just man the fuck up and take speed humps at a normal speed. I have had cars with around 2" of ground clearance but never had people trying to overtake me.

Obviously cars are not designed with going over speed bumps after being lowered in mind. Ive dinted my exhaust goimg over speed bumps. Its not a case of manning up as you say its a case of we dont want to fuck our cars.

If you want to do it, its none of my business. The back of my head is unaffected by people like you getting pissed off, flashing and making rude gestures

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » twats behind you trying to overtake when youre in a lowered car!! 23 database queries in 0.0123060 seconds