corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » going rate prices for re-map/flash

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author going rate prices for re-map/flash
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
12th Mar 12 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

place i go doesn't have the software to read files like that sadly.
Warren G

12th Mar 12 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kessv2 is where its at

Nic Barnes

12th Mar 12 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who do you get your files from?
Warren G

12th Mar 12 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.sedox-performance.co.uk/
Gary
Premium Member

13th Mar 12 at 08:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For those prices id get it live mapped for a couple of hundred quid more.

There's a place over my way but it might be a bit far for you
Fad

13th Mar 12 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary

Generic maps are not all bad as some are comprehensively developed and tested which you dont get with Live maps.

Nic when I had my A3 which had a dodgy EGR, Warren got an adapted map which bypassed the EGR etc so it is likely he can get you a decent map with the tweaks already compensated for.

adiohead

13th Mar 12 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll flash you for £2
Nic Barnes

13th Mar 12 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:

Generic maps are not all bad as some are comprehensively developed and tested which you dont get with Live maps.

Nic when I had my A3 which had a dodgy EGR, Warren got an adapted map which bypassed the EGR etc so it is likely he can get you a decent map with the tweaks already compensated for.

Yeah the one a mate does can do that as well. It's probably where I will go as its only west Cumbria so not that far. They said £280.
antnee

13th Mar 12 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You pay for quality in terms of mapping. You can get maps for £200, but they will be peaky and probably unreliable.

Shark Performance in north Notts are expensive, but have never had a complaint (well they had one but it turned out the guy was driving like a cunt and causing problems then tried blaming it on the mapping).
John

13th Mar 12 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
You pay for quality in terms of mapping. You can get maps for £200, but they will be peaky and probably unreliable.

Shark Performance in north Notts are expensive, but have never had a complaint (well they had one but it turned out the guy was driving like a cunt and causing problems then tried blaming it on the mapping).

What if the guy who is charging 200 has the same maps as the guy charging 350?
Fad

13th Mar 12 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:

Which is quite likely as a lot of these so called mappers get them from the same sources generally. The larger companies charge more as they have higher overheads and give the perception they are a bonified outfit with there shiney workshops etc
John

13th Mar 12 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most people seem to completely misunderstand how it works and automatically think a generic map must be bad. That's just not the case.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Mar 12 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sometimes these flash remaps are the biggest cons going, i fully understand the costs involved in live mapping session, but 350 quid for someone to sit in your car plug a laptop on for ten mins, then if you switch cars you cant even take the software with you is a bit of a piss take imo
Fad

13th Mar 12 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cost of investing in diagnostic equipment and mapping tools still have to be recovered through the cost of maps.
Matt L

13th Mar 12 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

prices vary depending on whos map you have, some companies will charge under £200 and some you will be charged £500 for.
Nic Barnes

13th Mar 12 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Most people seem to completely misunderstand how it works and automatically think a generic map must be bad. That's just not the case.
Theyre not bad just not optimised for your car specifically. Which some places claim.
John

13th Mar 12 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree Nic, how much extra will you get out of a standard 1.9 td with a specific map over a generic one?

Not very much.
Nic Barnes

13th Mar 12 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah exactly, I'm more on about the price of a generic flash. My corsa is off for mapping next week will probably be the same price for a whole built map as a flash would be.
antnee

13th Mar 12 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:
quote:

Which is quite likely as a lot of these so called mappers get them from the same sources generally. The larger companies charge more as they have higher overheads and give the perception they are a bonified outfit with there shiney workshops etc

Only the base map (to make the car run) is bought in, the vast majority of their maps are written by them.
Jimbothebarbarian

13th Mar 12 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Click this fatboy

Cheapest I could find without any complaints and recommended by loads of DERV boys and VXR nobbers on various Vectra sites.

I'm same as you price wise. Courtney and co wanting £500 for a generic map Fuck that.
Jas

13th Mar 12 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
Yes about right. Pretty easy money tbh if you already have the maps

unless you can hire the kit its expensive to buy
Jas

13th Mar 12 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we use Kess V2 at work and I know that alientech provide the maps.

so chances are your £200 map will be the same as a £400 map if they're using the same kit
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Mar 12 at 16:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're all pretty similar, there are very few people actually know what they're doing, most people just email the map somewhere and it comes back with changes, which you then re-flash.

The power figures differ because the map can differ and you can name your spec, just depends how much smoke you want and whether you want to shorten the life of the engine.

Sitting in the car for half an hour is quite profitable although you also need to pay the guy who is actually making the changes.
Jas

13th Mar 12 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:

can also Bypass DPF too which is a huge plus
Nic Barnes

13th Mar 12 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
Click this fatboy

Cheapest I could find without any complaints and recommended by loads of DERV boys and VXR nobbers on various Vectra sites.

I'm same as you price wise. Courtney and co wanting £500 for a generic map Fuck that.
Mobile for£200 as well. Less of the fat boy I had salad for lunch mate

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » going rate prices for re-map/flash 22 database queries in 0.0155599 seconds