corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » healthy food

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author healthy food
Jimbothebarbarian

User status: Offline
19th Mar 12 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a bike and force yourself to bike to work. Fucking weight will drop off. Try running. You don't have to run far for it to work. Hardest thing is swallowing your pride and putting up with people laughing tooting there horn at the fat sweaty man running for one minute and then walking for two trying to build his stamina up.

Been there and done it. The hardest thing is the shame man, the shame of workmates and complete strangers who just fucking love to laugh and point.
DaveyLC

19th Mar 12 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MID LIFE CRISIS ALERT!!
mwg

19th Mar 12 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
Cut out cow and pig meat, imo
Humans and red meat don't mix and pork is fatty

[Edited on 19-03-2012 by adiohead]

DaveyLC

19th Mar 12 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
Cut out cow and pig meat, imo
Humans and red meat don't mix and pork is fatty

[Edited on 19-03-2012 by adiohead]

There is an emzyne in pork that makes its dodgy when raw (because genetically they are so close to us).. But Pork and any pork products are sooo damn yummy to avoid! Moderation is king
Nic Barnes

19th Mar 12 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
Get a bike and force yourself to bike to work. Fucking weight will drop off. Try running. You don't have to run far for it to work. Hardest thing is swallowing your pride and putting up with people laughing tooting there horn at the fat sweaty man running for one minute and then walking for two trying to build his stamina up.

Been there and done it. The hardest thing is the shame man, the shame of workmates and complete strangers who just fucking love to laugh and point.
Don't think I'd manage a bike to work would take ages as I can't ride up the motorway otherwise I'd have a go. Intend to get a push iron in a month or so. Will fly round some nights if your off out on yours and try and keep up.
SetH

19th Mar 12 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic, time to become a juicer and model yourself on Jake.
BarnshaW

19th Mar 12 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the honest and simple solution is eat less calories then you burn.

as seth said have a good breakfeast, eat wholemeal instead of white carbs, no carbs after lunch if poss and drink lots of water, cut out all sugary stuff.

if you want a treat consider things such as natural yoghurt, handful of nuts, a recent one i have been having for snacks is salted edamane beans (soya beans) and they are very nice
sc0ott

19th Mar 12 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try the Han Lue diet and just eat very very small yet loudly crunchy crisps.
Fad

19th Mar 12 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
Nick, my first thought is that I can see you are eating healthy but you appear to be taken in a lot of complex carbohydrates (bread, rice, potatoes etc).

I will chip in two points that will make a MAJOR difference.

1) Continue having breakfast every day without fail. When you sleep you are effectively in a 'fasting' state and you need to kick start your metabolism as soon as you wake up. A faster metabolism means that you will burn more calories throughout the day. If you do not eat until lunchtime then that is about 16 hours that your body has gone without food (assuming you have your evening meal around 6pm) and your metabolism grinds to a halt.

2) Do not eat complex carbohydrates after 2pm. Have your pasta, rice, bread & potatoes etc with your lunch time Meal but in the evening drop them all together. Fill your plate up with vegetables or salad in the evenings. For example tuna steaks with stir fried mixed veg or roast chicken and salad. If you take it an excess of complex carbs then your body will store this as fat. Anyone living a normal lifestyle (Ie not an athlete) would do good to avoid complex carbs in the evening.

The above is tried and tested by myself and also many of my friends (some of whom do not exercise) and it works and is still healthy.

hope that helps.

Although what you have written is good I think you have confused simple carbohydrates with complex. Its the complex carbohydrates which you should switch to when you want a source of enegery such as brown rice, brown pasta etc it is an alternative to simple carbs found in starchy foods such as plain pasta, rice and white bread.

[Edited on 19-03-2012 by Fad]
SetH

19th Mar 12 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL, seriously I know the difference between simple and complex carbohydrates. For the purposes of the thread I was trying to keep the terminology simple and not go all nutritionist or sports science on nics ass.
sc0ott

19th Mar 12 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you euro train, seth?
Nic Barnes

20th Mar 12 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I fucked it up earlier. Been a shit day really with car failure and due to hunger and not being home at a decent hour ended up having Cumberland sausage chips and gravy from the chippy. Didn't finish it, wasn't as hungry as I thought I was. Hopefully its a one off. Got some stuff to make a stir fry for tomorrow and some more tubs of soup on the way home along with some canned tuna. Not sure what I'm gonna do with that yet. Maybe pasta.
Tom G

20th Mar 12 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Feeling guilty?
Weird ay, as last month you wouldn't of cared hahaa!
Hammer

20th Mar 12 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Well I fucked it up earlier. Been a shit day really with car failure and due to hunger and not being home at a decent hour ended up having Cumberland sausage chips and gravy from the chippy. Didn't finish it, wasn't as hungry as I thought I was. Hopefully its a one off. Got some stuff to make a stir fry for tomorrow and some more tubs of soup on the way home along with some canned tuna. Not sure what I'm gonna do with that yet. Maybe pasta.

I do this all the time then realise in the grand scheme of things I could not give a flying fuck.

Just make sure you get exercise in daily and moderate what you eat to a point, if you feel like a chiipy then have one. You'll soon find your natural weight and if that's not good enough then you can start being stricter with yourself.
Nic Barnes

20th Mar 12 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom G
Feeling guilty?
Weird ay, as last month you wouldn't of cared hahaa!
Weirdly yeah. Bought it, started eating it and kinda didn't want it. No idea why I'm actually bothered about it but I am. Got a couple of nights working on the car this week so I'm sure I will eat more shite then. Saying that I could take a bowl and some soup as there is a microwave there. Would just feel like a mong making soup in a garage in between fixing a car tbh.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

20th Mar 12 at 03:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drink it from a mug, looks less gay
Nic Barnes

26th Mar 12 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

although this is probably laughable to most of you, and the crew might start with jokes, previously beginning of feb, my work pants which are a 40 waist fitted me good. just went and bought some cheap shit jeans from asda as i will wreck them on cars, size 36. winner. had to buy new belts as well as id had to make holes in them as they were too big.

hoping to be under 16 stone this friday with a bit of luck. not bad considering i was 17st6 at christmas.
Tom G

27th Mar 12 at 06:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good results buddy.
adiohead

27th Mar 12 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done nic! Keep going. Temptation is difficult but once you get used to it.
taylorboosh

27th Mar 12 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good lad keep it up
bubble

27th Mar 12 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For the past 3 weeks, all i have ate is kangaroo, fillet steak, wholemeal rice, brown pasta, and oat bars as snacks, and going the gym. Lost a stone.

Result.
SetH

27th Mar 12 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic, please u2u me your requirements for JUICE
Sunz

27th Mar 12 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubble
For the past 3 weeks, all i have ate is kangaroo, fillet steak, wholemeal rice, brown pasta, and oat bars as snacks, and going the gym. Lost a stone.

Result.

Nice one man, sounds pretty tasty that too !
bubble

27th Mar 12 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
quote:
Originally posted by bubble

Result.

Nice one man, sounds pretty tasty that too !

garlic and herb kangaroo is utterly amazing!
John

27th Mar 12 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How expensive is it to eat nothing but Kangaroo and fillet steak?

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » healthy food 22 database queries in 0.0165880 seconds