corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Hybrid/Electric Vehicles

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hybrid/Electric Vehicles
Sunz

User status: Offline
22nd Mar 12 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the development of batteries, be it tiny, has only to thank how popular mobile phones have become, only due to this there has been any advancements so that better batteries can be something affordable, but as this is me I'm probably a millions miles out.

I don't really know a lot about the situation of electric vehicles and hydrogen, but I like the idea of electric cars better, just the power delivery and lack of moving parts.
antnee

23rd Mar 12 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the series hybrid is the next logical step. The combustion engine can be designed to be far more efficient when its being used as a generator.

But hydrogen is the way forward.

If I could afford one, I would have something hybrid as a daily. All car enthusiasts must push new technologies, so there is more petrol left for the special cars of the past and today.
Rob E

23rd Mar 12 at 02:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Electric Vehicle for crawling around town, high powered monsters for the weekends

The current assignment I am doing has just resulted in 4 pages worth of research on ethanol fuel. Another interesting alternative to petrol and a renewable energy source. Its even gone as far as propelling a car to victory in the Indy 500 which is quite an achievement in itself tbh

[Edited on 23-03-2012 by Rob E]
taylorboosh

23rd Mar 12 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will it work in a normal engine? ethanol that is
emicen

23rd Mar 12 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
will it work in a normal engine? ethanol that is

Most fuel systems are ok up to a given percentage of ethanol (15% is quite common). Beyond that they need modification as ethanol is corrosive to alloys and rubbers found in the components.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Hybrid/Electric Vehicles 22 database queries in 0.2778111 seconds