corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Just noticed I've got PPI on my Halifax Creditcard!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just noticed I've got PPI on my Halifax Creditcard!
Nath

User status: Offline
10th May 12 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
how do you find out if your owed this without going to one of these stupid claims companies

Do you have a brain and are you able to make decisions without being forced?

If so don't worry about it.

[Edited on 10-05-2012 by Nath]
Ben G

10th May 12 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jacko198
Winner!

Wish i had a credit card that i was paying this on to claim back

it's not free money though. he's already paid that so he's just getting it back.

granted 2k in one go feels a lot better than if he got £9 a month back like he was paying.
StuartVRS

10th May 12 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wrighty, just look through old statements or contact your bank. Dont use a claim agency. I went through lloyds and got every penny back. I was genuinely missold though. I was told to take it out to cover me in the event of any issues with my epilepsy, then i finds out im not covered if they can link any illness to my epilepsy. Got 18k back
Ben G

10th May 12 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you get ppi on a mortgage? obviously it doesn't show up on my bank account as mortgage ppi, it's just 1 monthly payment.
Russ

10th May 12 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rossnomore
that Howard is a sneaky cunt
how did this get missed
pow
Premium Member

10th May 12 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not lucky no, Jammy. Jammy git
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

10th May 12 at 22:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
can you get ppi on a mortgage? obviously it doesn't show up on my bank account as mortgage ppi, it's just 1 monthly payment.

Get PPI on anything!

Credit Cards, Finance, Loans etc. why people can't say no when it's offered anyways is beyond me!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
richardworrall
Premium Member

11th May 12 at 06:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
quote:

Get PPI on anything!

Credit Cards, Finance, Loans etc. why people can't say no when it's offered anyways is beyond me!

exactly, ive never had any Insurance on any loan because im quite capable at being able to manage money. We get loads of these claims in everyday where i work and i have to be brutally honest, most of them you can tell are from the type of people we call 'skip-rats'. People who think they can make easy money living off the rest of the people in the UK.
stubs

11th May 12 at 06:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richardworrall
quote:
...why people can't say no when it's offered anyways is beyond me!

exactly, ive never had any Insurance on any loan because im quite capable at being able to manage money. We get loads of these claims in everyday where i work and i have to be brutally honest, most of them you can tell are from the type of people we call 'skip-rats'. People who think they can make easy money living off the rest of the people in the UK.

Wouldn't you label the PPI companies / sellers as 'skip-rats'? They are the ones who were making easy money off people.

I remember taking out car finance for a brand new car at the age of 18. I was talked into taking out PPI despite having full sick pay at my place of work etc... It was such a big decicion for me at the time, and being quite uneducated about finances, I believed all the scaremongering that they sold it with.
Unfortunately it was so long ago, I don't think I'd have a claim. But I quickly learnt their sneaky tricks before all this PPI stuff blew up.
Fro

11th May 12 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I filled out the questionnaire from money saving expert or somewhere like that and sent it off to Santander as i had to have a Topman store card to obtain my staff discount, didn't bother looking through the small print.

They've replied and are looking into what I'm owed back. Can't see it being a lot mind but something is better than nothing.
DaveyLC

11th May 12 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richardworrall
quote:
quote:

Get PPI on anything!

Some times it's not that simple.. I took out my credit card about 12 years ago and applied in store.. I was never actually asked about insurance but I'm sure the 'helpful' assistant got a kick back
Fro

11th May 12 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We used to get premium bonds for signing customers up to store cards, if you included PPI you got slightly more.

I didn't sell many accounts as I've never been a fan on them so refused to hassle people to sign up.
Russ

11th May 12 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
how did this get missed
stll lolling
rossnomore

11th May 12 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
how did this get missed

Never underestimate the sneakyness
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
11th May 12 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I pissed someone off on Facebook because they were all happy that they got 8k.

I reminded him that he'd paid it in the first place.

I might set up a savings account and pay in a fiver a month, then make a post on here in 2050 all smug that I've got free money.
John

11th May 12 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only difference with that being that you'd be quite smart doing that and not being rewarded for your stupidity.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
11th May 12 at 15:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not when I'd be returning about 3% on it and my mortgage will be 10% by then.
John

11th May 12 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I basically wanted to call the people who are claiming PPI again stupid, but even if I wasn't I wouldn't have been taking into account what your savings vs mortgage would have been earning.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Just noticed I've got PPI on my Halifax Creditcard! 23 database queries in 0.1897538 seconds