corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » In Car cameras?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author In Car cameras?
chrisritch

User status: Offline
12th Apr 12 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look at that cunt wearing those gloves for driving on the road
sc0ott

12th Apr 12 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Munchie
^^ hahaaha superb

Its actually a fabia
Munchie

12th Apr 12 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SamARSEa
Anty
Premium Member

12th Apr 12 at 22:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
Not sure why I want one , just to piss about with really, for if I ever go on tracks or anything. Been looking on Amazon and came across this one, only a cheap jobbie but it's only for track use and everyday driving. Will be placed on the front dash, then if it's good enough i'll think about getting one for the rear. Your thoughts?

2.0" TFT LCD 8 LED Recorder

i have thought about this myself.. might come in handy
John

12th Apr 12 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't want one because you can guarantee that the only time it'll catch something is yourself in the wrong.
mattk

13th Apr 12 at 07:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck having it recording audio like in that skoda vid. it would have me singing and all sorts
nathy_87

13th Apr 12 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@John, Yeah I know exactly what you are on about, just got to be that extra careful. i.e not speeding/chavving it about.

@mattk:

[Edited on 13-04-2012 by nathy_87]
djgritt
Premium Member

13th Apr 12 at 08:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firby? Seriously?
nathy_87

13th Apr 12 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know.
jacko198

13th Apr 12 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why dont you just get one of the keyring ones everyone was getting. For track it would be good, couldnt have it recording constantly but would be good for making your mind up wether to spend more.
Stu

13th Apr 12 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this one in my M5 (not had chance to put it in my Saab yet)

http://www.beaconsandlightbars.co.uk/NOVUS-Black-Vue-GPS-Version-Vehicle-Recorder-p-17913.html

Records 24/7 on an SD card (overwrites the oldest data), only on when car is on, also has GPS so true speed and position can be determined. I thought it was a quality bit of kit! I bought mine after I was in the girlfriends car at a set of lights and a van decided to reverse cos he was in the wrong lane! He assured me at the roadside that he would not argue and admit fault, when I claimed he said I ran in the back of him and put in a claim against me and as there was no witnesses he won!

I would def recommend one, its going back in my car the minute I get chance! There have been numerous accidents where these cameras have proved fault outright in otherwise tricky situations and there was also one that caught a garage "test driving" a customers car at over 120mph down country lanes! The picture quality is mega and the GPS data is recorded separately so if you were in a accident and were speeding slightly you could submit the footage without GPS data!
Stu

13th Apr 12 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By the way, I put mine behind the interior mirror and ran the wires into the roof lining (you could barely see it from the outside and couldn't see it at all on the inside!)
JordyCarter

13th Apr 12 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Laughing hard at that guy in the skoda haha
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

13th Apr 12 at 09:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu

http://www.beaconsandlightbars.co.uk/NOVUS-Black-Vue-GPS-Version-Vehicle-Recorder-p-17913.html

Records 24/7 on an SD card (overwrites the oldest data), only on when car is on, also has GPS so true speed and position can be determined. I thought it was a quality bit of kit! I bought mine after I was in the girlfriends car at a set of lights and a van decided to reverse cos he was in the wrong lane! He assured me at the roadside that he would not argue and admit fault, when I claimed he said I ran in the back of him and put in a claim against me and as there was no witnesses he won!

I would def recommend one, its going back in my car the minute I get chance! There have been numerous accidents where these cameras have proved fault outright in otherwise tricky situations and there was also one that caught a garage "test driving" a customers car at over 120mph down country lanes! The picture quality is mega and the GPS data is recorded separately so if you were in a accident and were speeding slightly you could submit the footage without GPS data!

Now thats a good bit of kit!!
nathy_87

13th Apr 12 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JordyCarter
Laughing hard at that guy in the skoda haha

Clio. He is following the Skoda.
nathy_87

13th Apr 12 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
quote:
Originally posted by Stu

Now thats a good bit of kit!!

Yes it is. Only Ł186. Cheers Stu.
Stu

13th Apr 12 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yes it is. Only Ł186. Cheers Stu.

No problem at all! To be honest its one of the dearest out there but it appears to be the best! I honestly cant recommend it enough! I wanted to put one in the back window of the M5 too to catch stuff behind me as well it was that good!

All you need is ignition live and your up and running, all GPS is internal so no extra antennas etc needed!

nathy_87

13th Apr 12 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fantastic. Could i be cheeky and ask for you to post a video, to see how clear it is?

Thanks again.
Stu

13th Apr 12 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Fantastic. Could i be cheeky and ask for you to post a video, to see how clear it is?

Thanks again.

Yeah will throw one up later when I get home, have still got hours of footage out of my M5 on there. Will try and find a non incriminating one if I can! Haha

Got one behind a V10 R8 from about 35mph up to xxxmph on there too. Picks up all the sound too (albeit not brilliant quality) but you can still hear the two V10's!
nathy_87

13th Apr 12 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome!! Thanks mate.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » In Car cameras? 22 database queries in 0.0203991 seconds