corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Civic type r opinions

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Civic type r opinions
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 12 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love mine.

Dislike the fuel consumption though.

Love the noise.

All good
corsadonk
Premium Member

22nd Apr 12 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubble
quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
Have you looked at Integra's you could get a really nice one for 4.5k?

Yeh group 18 though

Good point, mine is £600 to insure.

Can't you get a cheaper one, and factor in the insurance?

[Edited on 22-04-2012 by corsadonk]
zzrcb

22nd Apr 12 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even getin out of jdm turbo power there nothin like a n/a hothatch b16b all day ek9 no later ep3 are heavier n well fn2s a big no no fitted with shopping car technology (tortion bar )
sc0ott

22nd Apr 12 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ep3 will be quicker than an ek9 all day.

Sure the newer fn2s have independant rear suspension?
zzrcb

22nd Apr 12 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i read somewhere its a tortion bar wich would be a let down ! and ek9 all day its a jdm icon and look so much nicer , i think you would be shocked if you put one up against the other bud , im not hating im a jap nut but id go ek9
zzrcb

22nd Apr 12 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i read somewhere its a tortion bar wich would be a let down ! and ek9 all day its a jdm icon and look so much nicer , i think you would be shocked if you put one up against the other bud , im not hating im a jap nut but id go ek9
big eck

22nd Apr 12 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The ek9s are bloody quick and I'm pretty sure, on paper at least it's quicker than the ep3. Less than 6 secs to 60 iirc. The ep3 is a nicer looking car tho. The new shape type R is a torsion bar rear.
harrisp

22nd Apr 12 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Slightly different but if you want vtec have you considered a S2000?
Kyle T
Premium Member

22nd Apr 12 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm surprised there are so many comments on the fuel consumption. I've got an FN2 which as far as I know doesn't have anything over the EP3 on fuel economy and I've had 27mpg over the last 2000miles. That's primarily doing my 7mile A-Road work commute, but I've had 35-40 on a motorway trip.

Lowest I can get it is low 20's, and that's on a really spirited drive. Compared to the figures of people I know in Focus STs, Astra GTCs, VXRs, etc I think it's pretty decent - but I admit I don't spend much of my commute in vtec, at least not as much as I'd like!

Can't comment on anything else though, never even sat in an EP3 nevermind owned or driven one.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Nick-S

22nd Apr 12 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Great driving position, look good IMO, handle good, reliable

Not great on fuel, needs decent tyres to make the most of them, not THAT quick IMHO don't get all the VTEC hype as i'm used to turbo power.

A MK5 golf GTI would be a better car although slightly more expensive.

In what regard would you say the Golf would be better? Maybe build quality is better but Honda's are fantastically put together as well. The Type R is a far far far superior performance hatch in almost every single aspect.
Realy? There both pritty similar on paper. Ive drive a GTI a few times and there a very capable car. Ive never driven an EP3 but i do imagine there abit more fun to drive. But saying there far far far superior is absolutly wrong IMO.
bubble

23rd Apr 12 at 07:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did an ins quote and ctr is £788 which seems expensive? Weird thing is if i choose excess of £150, the premium is £643. Higher excess and it's higher insurance quote?! I'll do a teg quote, but as much as I like them, I can't help but think they are a boy racer type car. Decisions.
sc0ott

23rd Apr 12 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by zzrcb

The older ones have the tortion bar but i was told by an fn2 owner they changed to inde. on newer ones.

Would love an ek9 and have considered it but with the miles i do every day i think it would be a nightmare.

There wont be much in it i recon but the ep3 will be quicker top end. Dc2 i believe are quicker than the ek9 as well.
3i_gaz

23rd Apr 12 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

Not great on fuel, needs decent tyres to make the most of them, not THAT quick IMHO don't get all the VTEC hype as i'm used to turbo power.

In what regard would you say the Golf would be better? Maybe build quality is better but Honda's are fantastically put together as well. The Type R is a far far far superior performance hatch in almost every single aspect.

explain how its a far superior performance hatch?
adiohead

23rd Apr 12 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The mk1 Focus RS was quicker on track than the CTR, that means it's far far far superior
sc0ott

23rd Apr 12 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For a 2.0 n/a car they are pretty quick.

Good driving position, handle well, theyre good looking internally and externally, sound amazing with a few mods, sound good as standard, well built, no knocks or rattles from crappy plastics, engine will run forever as long as you keep the oil topped up, superchargers and turbos can be run on standard internals?

What other n/a car can you compare it to that would be better or match? Thats in the same category
Kyle T
Premium Member

23rd Apr 12 at 10:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott

i was told by an fn2 owner they changed to inde. on newer ones.

That isnt true, unfortunately.

The newer ones do however come with LSD which by all accounts makes a significant improvement. Mine has got LSD, but I've never driven one without, so can't really comment

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
3CorsaMeal

23rd Apr 12 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

What other n/a car can you compare it to that would be better or match? Thats in the same category

i know of one
Rob B

23rd Apr 12 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You won't be disapointed with a CTR. I've had pretty much every hot hatch out there and the Civic wins hands down in every department.

whoring out!

Dione J

23rd Apr 12 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that looks the bee's knees
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

23rd Apr 12 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I've wanted to own every car that Rob b has ever had! Civic looks amazing.

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
whitter45

23rd Apr 12 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great cars - they don't tend to use alot of oil but oil levels needs to be checked regularly

Mate had one for about 5 years - was a quick car

Kept my mates S3 (not mapped), Mk3 Golf Vr6, 350Z honest all day long

Handle pretty good also
gavin18787
Premium Member

23rd Apr 12 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
quote:

The newer ones do however come with LSD which by all accounts makes a significant improvement. Mine has got LSD, but I've never driven one without, so can't really comment

i drove an fn2 not long ago (champ white one with lsd) not as bad as clarkson would lead to believe. feels a bit heavier then an ep3 but still good. steering feel may even be better. so so so much nicer inside too with alot of toys :-):-)

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Corsa_Sport21

23rd Apr 12 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FN2 is quite a bit slower than an EP3 also.
Eck
Premium Member

23rd Apr 12 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3i_gaz
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

explain how its a far superior performance hatch?

I'm not going by figures (although the CTR is better there too), I mean driver involvement, feel, the noise, the way you have to wring it's neck. Naturally not everyone wants to do that but I've yet to see one review (since most people are going by them) that rated the Golf better?
Kyle T
Premium Member

23rd Apr 12 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
quote:

i drove an fn2 not long ago (champ white one with lsd) not as bad as clarkson would lead to believe. feels a bit heavier then an ep3 but still good. steering feel may even be better. so so so much nicer inside too with alot of toys :-):-)

To be fair even (some) FN2 owners concede that the 2007 spec car which JC drove is no match for either the EP3 or the newer LSD model cars.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Civic type r opinions 23 database queries in 0.0160589 seconds