corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Man City Spending To Win The League

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Man City Spending To Win The League
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
10th May 12 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awww, i was hoping for more than that. Corsadee was better.
Russ

10th May 12 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
quote:
Originally posted by p
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
However you take into consideration it only took chelsea 3 seasons and City likely to be 4, plus player price inflations etc....

Then I would say Chelsea spent more.

Cast, wait.

3 Seasons? What?

2 seasons my bad. That makes it even worse for Chelsea.

How so? First season = nothing. Second season = Carling Cup/Premier League titles.
That is 2 seasons yes..
JonnyJ

10th May 12 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I think this spending big to get success is a fairly short term solution to winning things, it happened to chelsea and i can see it happening to city, maybe have 2-3 seasons of winning things, then owners get bored, sack managers, make strange decisions, etc look at the teams that have had continued long term success, united, and barcelona probably two of the biggest and most famous, yes they obviously have spent big money on some players throughout, but they have also had an ethos of bringing up talent through there youth systems, and a lot of there biggest players were established that way. It also installs a mindset throughout the club of building for the future and is key imo, to success long term

All depends on the owners and foundations they put in place, i agree in principle though.

Of course with United the big key is Fergie. When he retires it will be interesting to see the owners take on things if the success doesnt continue. We know you have massive debts and need to be winning things to keep paying them. If a new manager came in and it started shaky, will United become another panic sacking club?
mwg

10th May 12 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sacking managers and spending ridiculous amounts of money seems to have worked pretty well for Real Madrid
mwg

10th May 12 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only just got round to reading the article and seen that they only generated £365.3m of the £930.4m spent. Holy shit
Jamie Walby

10th May 12 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
I think this Chelsea fan is jealous that all those who defected from Man Utd to Chelsea when they started spending are no defecting to Man City.

Chelsea could be bollocksed if the dont win the CL this year. Can see Roman throwing in the towel soon.

Not fussed one little bit. Although I find the latte of your comment funny, given I imagine many on here thought he'd leave after 3/4 years, and next year he's owned the club for 10.

Not quite 9, actually.
Jamie Walby

10th May 12 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Sacking managers and spending ridiculous amounts of money seems to have worked pretty well for Real Madrid

Eventually
Rick Draper

10th May 12 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Consideration should also be given to the fact that Chelsea were a top 4 club before the Russian bought them and already had some good quality players in place. We however were not, always around mid table at best and with a average squad and unstable financial foundations.
Hammer

10th May 12 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
I'm not a fan of buying success, however, the United side that started against City in the derby last Monday cost more to assemble than City's.

You can't argue with the facts.

compare wages

I can't as I'm not CEO of either club unfortunately
Ojc

10th May 12 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Man Utd are a spent force
Marc

10th May 12 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't want to be seen as being bitter....
Terry12

10th May 12 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
Consideration should also be given to the fact that Chelsea were a top 4 club before the Russian bought them and already had some good quality players in place. We however were not, always around mid table at best and with a average squad and unstable financial foundations.

So you're talking about the days City were a below average team and you were a Liverpool fan
mwg

10th May 12 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nath

10th May 12 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jamescorsa97

10th May 12 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Man Utd are a spent force

Ojc

10th May 12 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep who is next to be dug out of retirement? Brian McClair? Clayton Blackmore?
Steve
Premium Member

10th May 12 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steven Williams
Steve
Premium Member

10th May 12 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Williams_(footballer_born_1958)
Rick Draper

10th May 12 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Terry12
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper

So you're talking about the days City were a below average team and you were a Liverpool fan

Yawn.
Steve
Premium Member

11th May 12 at 08:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oldish guy at work is a city fan and he's brought in all his 1968 football programs from the games he went to when he was 16, hes well excited bless him. Will feel a bit sorry for him if city fuck it up
Ben J

11th May 12 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Oldish guy at work is a city fan and he's brought in all his 1968 football programs from the games he went to when he was 16, hes well excited bless him. Will feel a bit sorry for him if city fuck it up

As a Utd fan you'll fee sorry for him if City fuck it up????

JonnyJ

11th May 12 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
quote:

As a Utd fan you'll fee sorry for him if City fuck it up????

You forget that Steve doesnt really have any feelings for his club either way. If they didnt win the title, he would be over it less than an hour after the final whistle, if that.
kennySRi

11th May 12 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

City will not fcuk it up anyway, there is no way QPR will get anything at the Etihad. If it was at QPR then there may of been a small chance.

Also, City are in this for the long term imo and will be a massive club in the near future and as a United fan that hurts to say it
Hammer

11th May 12 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends what you mean by long term. When the Arabs fuck off to buy an F1 team or a Basketball team or whatever they fancy next City will be as in the shit as every other club riddled with debt.
mwg

11th May 12 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't feel sorry for them. My newish next door neighbour is a City fan. The guy that lived there before had a flag pole in the garden and he said to me don't be surprised if theres a City flag up there after Sunday So I said don't be surprised if you find it on fire All good banter

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Man City Spending To Win The League 23 database queries in 0.0149760 seconds