corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 14 day rule on speeding fines from fixed cameras? UPDATE.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 14 day rule on speeding fines from fixed cameras? UPDATE.
mattk

User status: Offline
23rd May 12 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why is your dad involved, just pay the fine and take the points. make me laugh people with this. do you think the police will really just let it go
Ben G

23rd May 12 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i asked my dad about the 14 day rule as he said something about it the other week, and he decided to phone up.

i can't just pay up and take the points as the name on the letter wasn't mine anyway. calm down you crazy northerner.
Ben G

12th Jun 12 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

update: got offered the speed awareness course (4 hours and £80) or 3 points and £60 fine.

the letter said i needed to do the course in warwickshire though, so phoned them up and they said i can do it in essex, but need to send the letter back explaining why.

going do the course as i reckon i'd find it quite interesting, rather than having to tell me insurance company i have 3 points for the next 5 years.

and it was one of those overhead gantry signs that have cameras on the back of them that caught me.

[Edited on 12-06-2012 by Ben G]
Corsa_Sport21

12th Jun 12 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you sure its not because you don't want to pay the extra premuim that the 3 points will add.

Makes sense to do the course over taking the points.
Ben G

12th Jun 12 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

everyone i spoke to in work said 3 points didn't increase their premium, weirdly.

i also have 2 non fault accidents to my name so i imagine if i declare those and the points they'd just rape me for insurance.
nathy_87

12th Jun 12 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
update: got offered the speed awareness course (4 hours and £80) or 3 points and £60 fine.

going do the course as i reckon i'd find it quite interesting. [Edited on 12-06-2012 by Ben G]

You really wont.
Ben G

12th Jun 12 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anybody know what it's like? i've heard they make you feel like you've just raped and killed someone, rather than go a little bit over the speed limit on a motorway.
Graham88

12th Jun 12 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty much Ben. When you walk out you are wondering how people must feel when they've actually committed a serious crime from the pasting they give you in there. Then you'll most likely speed on the way home & forget about it all
nathy_87

12th Jun 12 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been to one. Watch a video, have a little test. Go for a drive with an A.D.I then go home.

Better than the 3 points I suppose.
Graham88

12th Jun 12 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was 2.5 days long :-/
smcGSI16V

12th Jun 12 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went on one in December. Got caught doing 54 in a 40.

On mine they didnt make you feel like a rapist and it was pretty imformative. There was people there ranging from 18-75 years old all with their first offence.

Go there with an open and unbiased mind and you will get something out of it.

Yes they do preach a bit but at the end of the day that is the reason you were caught and are there and they hope you learn something from it.

No driving in mine, all based in a hotel conference room for 4 hours with a tea and biscuit break.

[Edited on 12-06-2012 by smcGSI16V]
Sunz

12th Jun 12 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you can save yourself 3 points, fine and a lot of insurance by taking a 4 hour course ?

If you caught speeding again after this course is the punishment equal to that of someone with 3 points on their licence ?
Ben G

12th Jun 12 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can only do this if this is your first offence for 3 years if i read the letter right.

smc - that sounds like the course i will be doing. sounds pretty good. i know i was wrong for speeding so i hope i can learn something from it.
Graham88

12th Jun 12 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a drivers awareness course which is different, just realised yours is speed awareness
~willow~

12th Jun 12 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got caught the other week, booked my speed awareness course today, better than 3 points though!
alan-g-w

12th Jun 12 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
why is your dad involved, just pay the fine and take the points. make me laugh people with this. do you think the police will really just let it go

I was sent a letter saying I'd been caught speeding on the motorway with a video camera van. I replied to it confirming I was driving the car, waiting on the fixed penalty notice to come through. In that time I read that they're not actually able to process the evidence required to charge you in the timescale they've got to send out the FPN in about 2/3s of cases - with these cases they hope for you to admit guilt, as I was doing, so that then the evidence isn't even needed for a prosecution.

I received the FPN through the post and ignored it completely - lo and behold nothing ever actually came of it. I was sent a 'final warning' letter but nothing after that. Something to bear in mind if anyone ever gets done by a video van anyway.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 14 day rule on speeding fines from fixed cameras? UPDATE. 22 database queries in 0.0122819 seconds