corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » am i getting ripped off??

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author am i getting ripped off??
JordyCarter

User status: Offline
23rd May 12 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put it this way i paid 70 pounds just to get mine put on the back of a truck and drove to the garage (Was a bit of distance)
Nic Barnes

23rd May 12 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
lol 2nd hand bearing bargain according to internet mechanic nic barnes

[Edited on 23-05-2012 by Steve]
Irony.
Steve
Premium Member

23rd May 12 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok mr internet
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

23rd May 12 at 13:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
ok mr internet

Booked a track day yet
Steve
Premium Member

23rd May 12 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

baza31

23rd May 12 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shrek
quote:
Originally posted by baza31
It's not 45 minutes tho. That's in perfect conditions with all correct gear. For a start he has his journey there and back . Plus working from the side of the road is far from perfect conditions . Auto data is never 100% is a rough idea.

Only thing I agree with is put a new bearing on

Autodata is 100% correct mate, to the manufacturer!! You would however want to inflate those times on an older car to allow for rusted bolts etc. Autodata dont produce anything thats a "rough idea" ever.

That's what I meant. I have auto data. I use it for ball park figures . I've done jobs quicker and alot longer. Rusted bolt that breaks can add an hour. What my point was steve mentioned it wouldn't take long but autodata figures can't be used when a) fitting at side of a road, b) using used parts (c if anything goes wrong or breaks it's inevitable the mechanic wouldn't have all gear in his van . So back to original point I think the lads quote was reasonable but for the extra bit get new part, so save all this happening again
3i_gaz

24th May 12 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People saying you'd only charge 30 quid blah blah... To have the inconvenience of not being in your workshop, doing it on a jack outside that's a fair enough price I think.

To cover the guys time, fuel, and call out that's ok.

No wonder people like myself have to try and justify our labour costs when running a garage, seems everyone is a mechanic on a Sunday.
Steve
Premium Member

24th May 12 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont have a problem with a random mechanic you just ring up asking for that, but by all accounts it appears its his mate doing it
3i_gaz

24th May 12 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People still have bills to pay though he should respect that and that you pay for a decent service regardless of whether it's mates rates or not.
Ian
Site Administrator

24th May 12 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably not much profit in it anyway by the time he's got the bits and driven there.

The alternative is buy a complete beam and just bosh that on although you'll still need to mess about with brake pipes and the like.

Ultimately if you can't move the car and can't do it yourself you're a bit stuck anyway, but I wouldn't begrudge the guy that money. If he's your brother's mate then I'd hope he wouldn't take the mick, and your options are limited anyway.
Steve
Premium Member

24th May 12 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think its massively unreasonable, nor do i think its way ott to turn it down, it was more in response to people saying it was unbelievable to do it for that price, which when you actually look into it, isnt actually that mega

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » am i getting ripped off?? 22 database queries in 0.0097320 seconds