corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » paying for a car with paypal wtf?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author paying for a car with paypal wtf?
Generation

User status: Offline
23rd May 12 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have people here at HSBC, that regularly jut walked in and take huge amount 70k plus.

We've also done a few for 120k, but he is a regular
DaveyLC

23rd May 12 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dodgey as fuck.. I accept NOTHING other than CASH for a car, its the only way you are guarenteed to not get fucked over (short of it being counterfiet).
Rob_Quads

23rd May 12 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Bank transfer, cash or bankers draft. Sod doing it through Paypal.

I wouldn't even take a bankers draft now. I don't know what a fake one looks like and Banks are very loathed to validate one for you for free.

If they pay via paypal they can probably load it up with a credit card which means they might be able to get some extra consumer protection due to paying with debt.

Personally much prefer cash (and I go to the bank with them to cash it first) or bank transfer
fazza

23rd May 12 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I once paid for a corsa via paypal, was only £800quid iirc.

It went through all fine and money was into his paypal account then driving back from leeds matey called me calling me a scamming cunt and what the fuck am I playing at.... The money had been 'held' by paypal as they thought it wasn't sent by me as I used his computer in leeds to do the transfer

I could have ended up with a free corsa... But I kicked off at paypal and they after 2 days returned the money to the bloke I got the car off.

Graham88

23rd May 12 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Bank transfer, cash or bankers draft. Sod doing it through Paypal.

I wouldn't even take a bankers draft now. I don't know what a fake one looks like and Banks are very loathed to validate one for you for free.

I paid for my M3 with a bankers draft, it was either pay £10 and get it and be able to get the car straight away (this was Friday) or wait until the following Wednesday to have the cash ready. They have a number on the back the seller can ring to check the validity.
Nic Barnes

23rd May 12 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paid for my last vectra with PayPal as that's what the bloke wanted. I didn't think it was as much of an issue as Internet people are making out.
ajscorsa

24th May 12 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably a hacked paypal account. not even his money
danny89

27th May 12 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i sold my astra sri off gumtree once but the guy payed through paypal because he was from spain. u can only move £300 into ur bank in one month. i rang pay pal and told them what i was doing with selling the car and the rules of using pay pal as a defence did not apply due to the fact it was my responsibility, hope this helps

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » paying for a car with paypal wtf? 22 database queries in 0.0161791 seconds