corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Stumped Officer

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Stumped Officer
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
28th May 12 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stan_the_man
The coppers gaffer has clearly said 'Here, there's some yogurt weaver with a megaphone in the highstreet rambling on, take a wander down and check it out.' Which is clearly all he was doing. The fact he is in a police uniform is irrelevant in my opinion.

I think he has an issue with the fact police uniforms have become intimidating over the last 10-15 years.

Compare a modern beat officers uniform with that from 10-15 years ago and they are worlds apart, they look more like soldiers now than police officers. Even the Civil Guard in spain dont dress up like storm troopers.
Rob_Quads

28th May 12 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
Why didn't the guy not just have a civil conversation?

[Edited on 28-05-2012 by Rob_Quads]

So if you were doing nothing illegal and someone called the police because they had a personal issue with what you were doing would you not be a little irritated?

I'm not denying he's irritating but he's making a valid point, we're slowly moving towards a police state. The main thing that differentiates us from a dictatorship is the fact we CAN say what we think (within reason) and we can't say it in public.

If I was doing something and a police officer came up to me then I would say Hello.. - answer his questions and a few minutes later get back to what I saw doing. Obviously that would not cause a big fan fair for me to film on youtube but thats not the point.

Edit: Just seen the personal issue in your statement. There is nothing in the video to show there was any personal issue. They just wanted to know what he was doing.

[Edited on 28-05-2012 by Rob_Quads]
DaveyLC

28th May 12 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The idea is that he's showing the people witnessing his act that he is CLEARLY doing nothing illegal/wrong because he's telling the officer he has no powers to stop him (which ofcourse he does not).. Most people would ASSUME (wrongly) that the police can actually do something.
stan_the_man

28th May 12 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by stan_the_man
The coppers gaffer has clearly said 'Here, there's some yogurt weaver with a megaphone in the highstreet rambling on, take a wander down and check it out.' Which is clearly all he was doing. The fact he is in a police uniform is irrelevant in my opinion.

I think he has an issue with the fact police uniforms have become intimidating over the last 10-15 years.

Compare a modern beat officers uniform with that from 10-15 years ago and they are worlds apart, they look more like soldiers now than police officers. Even the Civil Guard in spain dont dress up like storm troopers.

If he is going to stand in a high street and cause a scene (regardless of his message) then he should expect to see a police officer or two in sight. When you look at how agitated people are getting then they are very right to attend.
John

28th May 12 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a great disdain for the police but some protesting twat in the middle of the city centre should be thrown into the van with a couple of toes to the head for good measure.
DaveyLC

28th May 12 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I have a great disdain for the police but some protesting twat in the middle of the city centre should be thrown into the van with a couple of toes to the head for good measure.

While were at it lets make women cover their skin and for good measure stone a few people.

John

28th May 12 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stoning bit is fine, first bit would be a right bummer.
Shell
Premium Member

28th May 12 at 16:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Such complete and utter contrived bullshit. "all the fake money, all the fake money" yeah all that fake money he's used to buy those lovely clothes on his back and that he uses to live each day. He's just as much bought into the system as every other poor soul. He can try and act out and intentionally attempt to cause public unrest (which he did, then shat himself and left) but at the end of the day, it's all totally contrived. What is he doing differently to any of the rest of us, other than making an arse of himself, playing with a big mega phone?

[Edited on 28-05-2012 by Shell]
jrsteeve

28th May 12 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by John

While were at it lets make women cover their skin and for good measure stone a few people.

FFS are you the guy in the video? The fact is he's a thunder cunt and was deliberately trying to show the policeman up but essentially failed. He orchestrated the whole thing as he knew the CCTV operator would be watching the van, acting dodgy next to it is going to attract attention from the police.
DaveyLC

28th May 12 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ofcourse he knew what he was doing, he's trying to get as much attention as possible..

I think you are all missing the point of his protest.
noshua

28th May 12 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The point wasn't to show how much of a dickhead he is?
Shell
Premium Member

28th May 12 at 17:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ofcourse he knew what he was doing, he's trying to get as much attention as possible..

I think you are all missing the point of his protest.

I think you are missing the point that he caused a stir then shit himself and left. The police were very useful to his speech then. Yes it's all good and exciting that someone pointed out that you are free to voice your views. Look what it did though? And he was off like a shot when it went wrong, probably to have a wee seat in Starbucks, posing in his aviators.
Sunz

28th May 12 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe because we live in a police state where you can't really say what you feel is the reason the crowd reacted the way they did, kind of proves something about his speech.

You can't say anything really without someone becoming aggressive and rather uncivilised, almost like we still haven't grasped the idea that other people have their own view.

Neanderthals !
Shell
Premium Member

28th May 12 at 18:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So having a police state is why people became aggressive at someone voicing their point of view? Or did others aggressively state their own point of view?

Perhaps the police are required because we as people are incapable, as you say, of recognising one anothers right to freedom of speech? Making provocative protests and speeches will gather a heated response, as it's intended to do. That's nothing to do with the police dampening down the right to free speech.

Sunz

28th May 12 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have no idea, is why I used the word maybe, is possible.

If we just ignored such people in the first place then they would soon get bored and either shut up or do it for their believes rather then for attention.

The police offer I feel dealt with it really well and only made mega phone man look like more of an idiot.

We seem a species of aggression rather then peaceful reasoning, guess we aren't that much evolved yet.
BarnshaW

28th May 12 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or the man with microphone was just a cunt
Welsh Dan

28th May 12 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Charlie Veitch is an attention seeking bellend. If you read his bio bit on his page, it says that he used to work for HBOS, or HSBC before he lost his job. I wonder why he's protesting against them now
Carl

2nd Jun 12 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
Maybe because we live in a police state where you can't really say what you feel is the reason the crowd reacted the way they did, kind of proves something about his speech.

You can't say anything really without someone becoming aggressive and rather uncivilised, almost like we still haven't grasped the idea that other people have their own view.

Neanderthals !

That is because we on the whole are a nation of morons. Nothing to do with the Police. The point is that guy is pissing in the wind causing a scene, especially when the Policeman doesn't even react the way the guy with the megaphone thinks he will, which really pisses on his bonfire.
taylorboosh

2nd Jun 12 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shell
Such complete and utter contrived bullshit. "all the fake money, all the fake money" yeah all that fake money he's used to buy those lovely clothes on his back and that he uses to live each day. He's just as much bought into the system as every other poor soul. He can try and act out and intentionally attempt to cause public unrest (which he did, then shat himself and left) but at the end of the day, it's all totally contrived. What is he doing differently to any of the rest of us, other than making an arse of himself, playing with a big mega phone?

you have just owned this thread

i like the "system"
SetH

3rd Jun 12 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can someone please explain why all the brown people are going mental at the end of that video. What set them off
Alex_Rally

3rd Jun 12 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont know how the cop didnt just get his batton out and give him a good lashing around the chopps with it the annoying cunt.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Stumped Officer 22 database queries in 0.0163829 seconds