corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Hay fever

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hay fever
C2RL R

User status: Offline
31st May 12 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i normally get it in april but it hasn't started until this week. think it depends on the type of pollen that you are allergic to as to what time of year you suffer.
Gary
Premium Member

31st May 12 at 11:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm suffering today. Evem though its raining
Cavey

31st May 12 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
I'm suffering today. Evem though its raining

Mixes everything up into the air
andy_mk3

31st May 12 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the rain brings all the pollen down. I might ask about this injection tho.
C2RL R

31st May 12 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i had this mad rash one year after it had been sunny then pissed down. it kept going away and reappearing in different places on my body. went to nhs walk in centre and they said it was basically pollen overload due to the rain! had some tablets and it cleared up within an hour.
noshua

31st May 12 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scunnylad
Depends really. U are supposed to get it in april as said but i forget n leave it till i start to get a few symptoms it usually takes 2 days and im fine for the rest of the year. I even rolled around in a fresh cut field on a bad pollen day to see if it worked and was fine.

I did use certrazine but became ineffective and loratdone had no effect for me

I had it were i couldn't see my eyes dwelled that much so went to docs and just asked for it

I'm going to see if I can get the injection, it literally ruins the day when it's really bad
Dean_W

31st May 12 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
Only trouble is, they aint cheap

Loratadine works for me. The tescos own hayfever tablets are about 99p for 7. It's nearly 4 quid for 7 of the same stuff of named brands.
andy_mk3

31st May 12 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dean_W
quote:
Originally posted by Bart
Only trouble is, they aint cheap

Loratadine works for me. The tescos own hayfever tablets are about 99p for 7. It's nearly 4 quid for 7 of the same stuff of named brands.

Have a look at the link I posted on the last page. Costs less than £8 for 300 tablets delivered
noshua

31st May 12 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Makes me laugh when you see the price difference in store brand and name brand tablets, they all have the same amount of active ingredient(s).
Dean_W

31st May 12 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy_mk3
Have a look at the link I posted on the last page. Costs less than £8 for 300 tablets delivered

Winner!!
Jas

31st May 12 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had it about 16-21 then nothing for few years starting to kick back in here...

its fucking awful shit
jezza

20th Jun 12 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow, so glad to read this is a common thing! I'm 24 and have never had any hay fever symptoms, but the last week and a half has been horrendous! Runny nose, sore eyes which I rubbed and made even worse, sneezing fits. My nose feels raw from tissues.

Anyway today I bought some Piriteze on the way to work. 1 a day, and so far I've sneezed about twice but that's it. Seems to be working!
mattk

20th Jun 12 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got it so bad this year. my head its bunged up to fuck, Ive got fluid on both ears causing me to have vertigo, Ive hit the deck 2wice in 2 weeks at work

Im on some prescribed steroid naisal spray. It works really well for a few hours
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
20th Jun 12 at 16:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine is bad this year.
Cavey

20th Jun 12 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine kicked in yesterday, got some own brand loratadine today, 1 a day, seemed to do ok this morning hopefully they'll be ok tomorrow

Postman isn't the best job to have during hayfever season

[Edited on 20-06-2012 by Cavey]
Nath

20th Jun 12 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was the worst yesterday. I must've sneezed about a hundred times during the England game

Ok today though
C2RL R

20th Jun 12 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best year I've ever had. Hardly touched my tablets. Think I've had 2 one-a-day pills all year. Normally had 10 packs by now. Still spray beconase up my snooter every day though.
Gary
Premium Member

20th Jun 12 at 17:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went home at 12 yesterday cos I was dying.

Heard the injection only lasts 4 week though
noshua

20th Jun 12 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jezza
Wow, so glad to read this is a common thing! I'm 24 and have never had any hay fever symptoms, but the last week and a half has been horrendous! Runny nose, sore eyes which I rubbed and made even worse, sneezing fits. My nose feels raw from tissues.

Anyway today I bought some Piriteze on the way to work. 1 a day, and so far I've sneezed about twice but that's it. Seems to be working!

Buy the cheapest 'drowsy hayfever relief' tablets you can find, the active ingredient is cetirizine which is all that is in Piriteze. You can take up to 3 a day as well (I was at the doctors yesterday and she told me again.

Beconase is a steroid nasal spray which I find works very well, twice a day at the minute though

My local doesn't do the injection anymore, the common side affects put me off though!
Welsh Dan

20th Jun 12 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was an article by Martin Lewis (the moneysavingexpert bloke) about cheap tablets.

You can buy boxes of hayfever tablets for about 60p for 28, from proper chemists online for non-branded tablets. Can't remember the place I used, but I paid about £10 for 12 boxes of 30.

www.chemistdirect.co.uk sells loratadine based tablets, 90 for £2.29.
andy_mk3

20th Jun 12 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to the docs yesterday, turns out I have tonsillitis as well which isn't helping matters!

But she said It's too late to have the injection now, I'm better off going back in September to have it done. Shame really. She gave me a different nasal spray to try, and I think it's helping, but my eyes are still very sore.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

20th Jun 12 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update, I've been chomping a pill a day and its been fine, I've had the odd day when I've forgotten to take it and I seem to be fine. But the weather has been complete shite thou
jr

20th Jun 12 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rhinocort aqua + fexofenadine-hydrochloride =
SetH

20th Jun 12 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
i normally get it in april but it hasn't started until this week. think it depends on the type of pollen that you are allergic to as to what time of year you suffer.

Me too.

Suddenly come on really bad and medication is only just taking the edge of it tbh.
Mertin

21st Jun 12 at 06:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get it really bad. Been to the doctors every year for a different prescription, clarityn, neo clarity, cetirizine, lostardine etc etc etc and none are any better than the others. I'll definately request the injection when I go next week if I can.
I get eye drops, few boxes of tablets and nasal spray for nowt, free prescription ftw. If only they worked

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Hay fever 22 database queries in 0.0130301 seconds