corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » TOOLS

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author TOOLS
timmsy21

User status: Offline
27th Jun 12 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i could afford it and could justify the usage then snap on stuff

Halfrauds advance for me to though!

[Edited on 27-06-2012 by timmsy21]
oba-corsa
Premium Member

27th Jun 12 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

72 teeth and a 5° precision motion Halfords

80 teeth and a 5° precision motion Snap on

I would say buy the best your budget lets you that’s the best any one can do every one has a budget unless you paying snap on every week for rest of your life
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

27th Jun 12 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use halfords advanced at home and then snap on and mac in work.
Million miles away in quality wise. However for just for use at home i couldnt justify spending all that money on snap on. If your opening a garage or working in a garage where your tools will take a proper battering and good use. Go for snap on or mac or blue point
possy

27th Jun 12 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

snap on is the best tackle out there and there quality is far better than the over only halfords tools i own are a set of racthet spanners
possy

27th Jun 12 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what i got for free
jay26

27th Jun 12 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
I use halfords advanced at home and then snap on in work.
Million miles away in quality wise. However for just for use at home i couldnt justify spending all that money on snap on. If your opening a garage or working in a garage where your tools will take a proper battering and good use. Go for snap on

This is what i also do, can't beat the quality
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

27th Jun 12 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a variety of Snap On/Mac Tools.

Although our Mac dealer does Facom/Britool as well my Dad has bought some Facom which seems good stuff.

Have a set of Halfords 1/2" Sockets my dad got me when i started and they serve purpose.

I will replace them with Snap On/Mac when they do a set on promo and move the Halfords one to my house toolbox.

Good thing about Snap On/Mac is weekly visits, not having to pay out a lump in one go, and if something breaks you dont have to go out your way to get it fixed or replaced.
baza31

27th Jun 12 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All my hand tool gear is teng. Think it's excellent
chrisritch

27th Jun 12 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Horses for courses.

If you need it every day and rely on it to make a living then the reputation and name they have made for themselves suggest you buy Snap-On
AndyCorsaSport

27th Jun 12 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Majority of mine is Snap On/Blue Point.

Odd few things are cheaper brands like pry bars.

Just spend £145 on a set of 12 ratchet spanners that are Blue Point. Worth every penny.
Warren G

27th Jun 12 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mac Tools

and halfords...

downside to halfords if there sockets are 12 sided!

infact broke a halfords socket today, but then again i did have a 1/2 bar on a step down hanging off it!
J100RSA

27th Jun 12 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wont buy anything but snap on its just not worth it to me as for the person that said halfrauds stuff is a copy of snap on needs to return to their village as ive heard they have lost their idiot and they are looking for you!!
AndyCorsaSport

27th Jun 12 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've broke a few Blue Point bits. 20/25/40 torx and a 6mm hex. All replaced no questions asked. Along with trim tool I snapped. 1/4" ratchet is fucked, I tried to take it apart to grease it and can't get it all back together so put it in a bag, he's sorting that for me aswell no problems. Can't ask for better service.
AndyCorsaSport

27th Jun 12 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J100RSA
i wont buy anything but snap on its just not worth it to me as for the person that said halfrauds stuff is a copy of snap on needs to return to their village as ive heard they have lost their idiot and they are looking for you!!

very true. Halfords is nothing like snap on. And halfords stuff will break more often!

I'm in need of a bigger box, but fuck paying snap on prices for a box. Doesn't help me in any way.
tom130691
Premium Member

27th Jun 12 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Warren G
Mac Tools

and halfords...

downside to halfords if there sockets are 12 sided!

infact broke a halfords socket today, but then again i did have a 1/2 bar on a step down hanging off it!

you can get sets of sided 10mm to 19mm impact 1/2" sockets i find them very usefull
scunnylad

27th Jun 12 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was a hgv mechanic i broke 2 'breaker bars, 7 sockets and 2 spanners from the halfords pro/advance range.in just over a month. No socket was covered as they just said it was impact gun use, they never saw an impact gun. The 2nd time i broke the breaker bar they said it was excessive force and no good for me so just refunded my money

I now use snap on, facom, mac and signet. I wont touch clarke, halfords teng or any of that crap as i've seen all the cheap stuff bend and break like cheap plastic.

At the end of the day it isn't a cliché you do pay for what you get
AndyCorsaSport

27th Jun 12 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy cheap buy twice.
J100RSA

27th Jun 12 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
Buy cheap buy twice.

very true!!
bracey123

27th Jun 12 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems like id probs be best buyin snap on then as i work in a garage with sriboy (he kindly lets me use his ) and i quite often do homers so it kinda makes sense to buy the better stuff as itll be getting used almost every day! cheers guys
baza31

27th Jun 12 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scunnylad
Was a hgv mechanic i broke 2 'breaker bars, 7 sockets and 2 spanners from the halfords pro/advance range.in just over a month. No socket was covered as they just said it was impact gun use, they never saw an impact gun. The 2nd time i broke the breaker bar they said it was excessive force and no good for me so just refunded my money

I now use snap on, facom, mac and signet. I wont touch clarke, halfords teng or any of that crap as i've seen all the cheap stuff bend and break like cheap plastic.

teng

Teng crap? Have you ever had any? Lifetime warranty ? Quality stuff. I don't bother with snap on after buying a 600 mig welder that burnt out in two months . When I googled it I found numerous complaints and evidence about the welders been manufactured in china and the factory sell exactly the same one branded in their own name for just over £200. I'll find the site where they compare side by side . Fuck paying 3 times for a sticker
davieslim

28th Jun 12 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a mix and match but i do have alot of the halfords stuff, ive had some for 5 years or more and neverh ad to use the warrenty as nothings ever broken and ive had scaffy bars and jack handles on there rachets and never had an issue
N16K

28th Jun 12 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Halfords would win for me, also no problems.
Twiggy

28th Jun 12 at 05:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to buy those cheap socket sets and would end up buying one everytime i wanted to break my car....

Now i just get the halfords stuff, so at least i can break the car not the tools
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jun 12 at 06:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
quote:
Originally posted by scunnylad

teng

Teng crap? Have you ever had any? Lifetime warranty ? Quality stuff. I don't bother with snap on after buying a 600 mig welder that burnt out in two months . When I googled it I found numerous complaints and evidence about the welders been manufactured in china and the factory sell exactly the same one branded in their own name for just over £200. I'll find the site where they compare side by side . Fuck paying 3 times for a sticker

iv got a 5.5mm teng spanner on my key ring, i use it to bleed my brakes, but i can actually bend it with my hands if i wish must be made of cheese

[Edited on 28-06-2012 by Steve]
DaveyLC

28th Jun 12 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31

Everythings made in China.. You pay the premium on snap-on etc. because you get a life time guarentee and they know full well a lot of stuff is going to break and they are going to have to swap it out no questions asked.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » TOOLS 22 database queries in 0.0151160 seconds