corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » best material for splitter

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author best material for splitter
Ste
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Jul 12 at 06:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5mm polycarb and wrap it in fake cf

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 06:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
It's true what they are saying. No point in doing all these extra things with out going out on a track and seeing how it behaves. What happens if you do even more things and it handles odd. You'll have to remove stuff till it feels right.

i cant really see it having any negative effect really, all its going to do is add a bit of downforce at the front, can make it adjustable easy enough anyways
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 06:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste
5mm polycarb and wrap it in fake cf

i did think about that tbh
Gary
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 07:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RichR
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 08:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ptfe
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 08:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thickness? reason? is it stronger than 3mm alu composite?
RichR
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 08:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have something made of real carbon on your car

http://www.carbonmods.co.uk/Products/Universal-Carbon-Fibre-Front-Splitter-Kit__CMUNSPLT001.aspx
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 08:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not paying 219 quid for the sake of being fashionable lol

i have considered buying a sheet of real CF though you can get 2 or 3mm thick sheet for less than a ton
Gary
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 08:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

_Allan_

5th Jul 12 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cast iron
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 08:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good idea
Baskey

5th Jul 12 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about fiberglass? I use it on my canoe and it's very strong but easy to patch up, also cheap. I'm not sure how heavy a large section would be though
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 08:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i tried to find fibreglass and grp its not a bad shout but i reckon it would need to be a good 4-5mm thick and cant really find anywhere to do large sheets of it

[Edited on 05-07-2012 by Steve]
MatthewR

5th Jul 12 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are there no aftermarket splitter ready available for the puma Steve??
MatthewR

5th Jul 12 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://pumabuild.com/pumacat/product_info.php?products_id=668
?
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 09:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv seen all that ages ago, its overpriced and more of a styling piece rather then anything that will have any effect.

as said before i can make something for 1/10th the price of it that will be more effective

3i_gaz

5th Jul 12 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said above I'd take the thing out on track and see what it's like before adding more stuff.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 10:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know what its like

the only difference from last time is the car is a bit lighter and a roll cage
chris_uk
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Splitters are used to reduce lift on the front end and the only type of lift your gettig atm is by using a jack!

Just drive it.. Yes they look nice and aggressive etc but As i said a splitter is there to reduce lift, are you getting lift? The answer is you dont know.. if you find that your getting excessive lift (which i doubt tbh) then sure plonk one on.

You have got to drive the car first and see what areas need improving on now, you have done so much and created a nice capable car but lets face it.. You need to drive it now to fine tune it.

chris_uk
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But to answer your question

9mm ply would be fine.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 10:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
Splitters are used to reduce lift on the front end and the only type of lift your gettig atm is by using a jack!

Just drive it.. Yes they look nice and aggressive etc but As i said a splitter is there to reduce lift, are you getting lift? The answer is you dont know.. if you find that your getting excessive lift (which i doubt tbh) then sure plonk one on.

You have got to drive the car first and see what areas need improving on now, you have done so much and created a nice capable car but lets face it.. You need to drive it now to fine tune it.

wtf you fitted a splitter before youd ever been on a track and a massive spoiler
chris_uk
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 10:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
iv seen all that ages ago, its overpriced and more of a styling piece rather then anything that will have any effect.

as said before i can make something for 1/10th the price of it that will be more effective

Didnt you grill me for having ply on my car?
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 10:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think i was going on more about the fact you were doing it without going on track lol
chris_uk
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 10:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because i knew that i was getting lift you penis..

If i accellerated in a staiight line my front end used to point to the moon... When i was driving on B roads my front end used to become very light.. When i fitted the ply that went away.

Anyway were talking about 2 totally diffetent classes of power and performance here..

[Edited on 05-07-2012 by chris_uk]
chris_uk
Premium Member

5th Jul 12 at 10:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i think i was going on more about the fact you were doing it without going on track lol

Hold da phone.... Isnt that EXACTLY what your doing now? Sticking pieces of wood to your car without even going on track??

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » best material for splitter 23 database queries in 0.4842970 seconds