corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Honeymoon Destinations...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Honeymoon Destinations...
Simon

User status: Offline
10th Jul 12 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got back form my honeymoon few weeks ago, we had 3 weeks travelling across Borneo. That was pretty special, went from bustling cities to lodges in the middle of the jungle to small paradise islands with turtles nesting and hatching with loads more inbetween. We used a company called Audley travel to organise it, would recommend them
Balling
Premium Member

10th Jul 12 at 08:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
Originally posted by NismoIm doing my honeymoon in Dubai at the end of Aug, 10 days at the Le Royal Meridien
Isn't Dubai a million degrees hot at that time?

quote:

In August expect 45-50 degrees (shade temperatures) and full humidity - it will be like walking into a sauna that someone has just spent the last 1/2 hour putting water over the coals - brutal! You will not want to be outside and will spend your time jumping between aircon places....that said, Dubai is well set up for the heat and everywhere is aircon (even bus stops) and if you want to see the Malls, go to resturants etc anywhere indoors is good.

Fuck that! Then why travel there? They have hotels, indoor pools and shopping malls in the rest of the world too.

Balling
Premium Member

10th Jul 12 at 08:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, isn't end of August Ramadam? So basically no alcohol and no music in Dubai at that time? Might be wrong though...

Nismo

10th Jul 12 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its mega hot in Aug, but as said its so well setup aircon is everywhere, i like it hot, done Bahrain mid season and it was ace, I will just sit in the infinity pool all day and drink cocktails, then early evening see the sights etc..

Ramadan finished Aug 18th we are going 21st, so we will miss it.

[Edited on 10-07-2012 by Nismo]
Balling
Premium Member

10th Jul 12 at 08:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couldn't handle it myself though.

Ben J

10th Jul 12 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can still drink etc in the hotels during Ramadam.
RichR
Premium Member

10th Jul 12 at 11:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My plan is to charter a 42-48ft yacht and sail around the med, Croatia, Italy, Greece etc for 2 weeks; just me and the missus.
liamC

10th Jul 12 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
Im doing my honeymoon in Dubai at the end of Aug, 10 days at the Le Royal Meridien

Gonna do a bit of pool/beach lazyness, city sites like Burj Khalifa, Ferrari world maybe, Atlantis aquarium, desert safari, knictclubs etc...

You can do split trips like Dubai and Maldives etc.. over 2 weeks.

Spot on place is Le Meridien Mina Seyahi. Really really nice.

Barasti bar on the seafront adjoining the hotel is rated, and has been rated, the top bar in Dubai for god knows how many years now. I've never had a bad night in there.

Ferrari World is massively disappointing. It is worth going for the Worlds Fastest Rollercoaster (Formula Rossa) but nowt else. A tick in the box to say you've done it if nothing else. Go midweek and you'll get off the ride and be able to get straight back on again. As a tip, if you do decide to go then ring Ferrari World beforehand and make sure Formula Rossa is definitely open. If it isn't and you go, then you'll have wished you put 80 quid down the drain instead (About 40 quid each I think). The ride has been very on/off lately.

Desert Safari is a good call, the one thing I always recommend people who come over here to do.

Would recommend doing Aquaventure Waterpark and Atlantis Aquarium at the same time. They're next to each other in the same complex. To look at Atlantis Aquarium won't take you long at all, may as well make the most of your trip as Aquaventure is decent.
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

10th Jul 12 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its gonna be July probably though if his wedding is end of June?
Seany

10th Jul 12 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Mrs mum just got back from the Maldives, it looks amazing.
Cost a whack though and not much to do apparently.
Nismo

10th Jul 12 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by liamC
quote:
Im doing my honeymoon in Dubai at the end of Aug, 10 days at the Le Royal Meridien

Gonna do a bit of pool/beach lazyness, city sites like Burj Khalifa, Ferrari world maybe, Atlantis aquarium, desert safari, knictclubs etc...

Barasti bar on the seafront adjoining the hotel is rated, and has been rated, the top bar in Dubai for god knows how many years now. I've never had a bad night in there.

Ferrari World is massively disappointing. It is worth going for the Worlds Fastest Rollercoaster (Formula Rossa) but nowt else. A tick in the box to say you've done it if nothing else. Go midweek and you'll get off the ride and be able to get straight back on again. As a tip, if you do decide to go then ring Ferrari World beforehand and make sure Formula Rossa is definitely open. If it isn't and you go, then you'll have wished you put 80 quid down the drain instead (About 40 quid each I think). The ride has been very on/off lately.

Desert Safari is a good call, the one thing I always recommend people who come over here to do.

Would recommend doing Aquaventure Waterpark and Atlantis Aquarium at the same time. They're next to each other in the same complex. To look at Atlantis Aquarium won't take you long at all, may as well make the most of your trip as Aquaventure is decent.

Top man thanks Liam, Forgot you live that way!

Whats the weather like in Aug, can you bare it? Yeah we are planning on doing both the Aquarium and water park

I want to ride the slide through the shark tank

Nath

10th Jul 12 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck that, I'd be claustraphobic as fuck in that shark thing
p

10th Jul 12 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

My god, could you of picked a worse time to go
baza31

10th Jul 12 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
School trip to florida, epic.

We stayed in an apartment whennwe went to florida and was a lot better than a hotel. But we did go as a family

Read it numb nuts says france
Bart

10th Jul 12 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we went to Rome for our honeymoon. very expensive but was expected staying in the hilton.
Enjoyed it and would like to go back again at some point in the future.

[Edited on 10-07-2012 by Bart]
Ben J

10th Jul 12 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
quote:

My god, could you of picked a worse time to go

We went in August. It was 40degrees but the place is set up for it so it's easy to stay cool.
JayCarr

10th Jul 12 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got married in Mauritius at Les Pavillons in 2010. Was there a week then got married and the next week was our 'honeymoon'. Amazing place, people were so friendly. Will definitely go back soon. Plenty to do there but can also just sit on the beach all day chilling out. Wasn't cheap though but absolutely worth it.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

10th Jul 12 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
went here for 2 weeks.

http://cancun.riu.com/cancun/index.php

YES YES YES.

Sister got married in Florida few years ago, not somewhere I would go for a honeymoon or wedding personally but each to their own.

After all the shit of a wedding I'd just love to chill out on a nice white beach and go back to a gorgeous hotel room etc, do nothing for two weeks.

Florida isn't a relaxing holiday, neither would Route 66.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Nismo

10th Jul 12 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Fuck that, I'd be claustraphobic as fuck in that shark thing

The misses aint too keen on giving it a go!

theres the flume slide as well

Siberia

10th Jul 12 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
went here for 2 weeks.

http://cancun.riu.com/cancun/index.php

YES YES YES.

Sister got married in Florida few years ago, not somewhere I would go for a honeymoon or wedding personally but each to their own.

After all the shit of a wedding I'd just love to chill out on a nice white beach and go back to a gorgeous hotel room etc, do nothing for two weeks.

Florida isn't a relaxing holiday, neither would Route 66.

exactly.. originally we were going to go traveling in thailand but then we coped on that its your honeymoon. the place above had a beer pump 30 secs walk from any point in the complex.. you just walked up and pulled your own pint. my fridge in the room had 24 bottles of corona replenished everyday and a drinks carousel with vodka, tequila, whiskey.

EDIT: and the coco bongo club was 3 mins walk from the door

[Edited on 10-07-2012 by Siberia]
liamC

11th Jul 12 at 05:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by liamC
quote:

http://www.leroyalmeridien-dubai.com/assets/gallery/mer1897po.71235_lg.jpg

Top man thanks Liam, Forgot you live that way!

Whats the weather like in Aug, can you bare it? Yeah we are planning on doing both the Aquarium and water park

I want to ride the slide through the shark tank

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/05/13/article-1386824-02B0A6B200000578-774_634x324.jpg

The weather in August is both bearable and unbearable, it's all about the humidity. The last few days has been horrifically humid, but if you're going to be sitting in and around the pool on a daytime it's easy to cope as you just sit in the pool. It's unlikely you'll be out walking from place to place too often for long periods of time, so you'll be ok. I continue to play golf and football through the summer months, just about.

If you and the missus want an array of all sort of 'genuine fake' bags/sunglasses/purses etc then head to Karama, about a 20 minute taxi ride away from where you're staying.

And if you want to go to the top of the Burj Khalifa then I would suggest pre-booking a day and time on www.atthetop.ae - it is 15 quid each if you pre-book, and 70 quid each if you just turn up and want to go up! It is all in the same complex as the Dubai Mall so you could do them both on the same day if you wanted.

If you have any questions just drop me a PM.
Ben J

11th Jul 12 at 06:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Liam, have you done afternoon tea at the Burj al Arab?

My old boss did and thought it was pretty cool. Needs booking in advance though and its not cheap.
liamC

11th Jul 12 at 06:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't mate. I was supposed to do it a few years ago with my mother who was over on holiday, and she bottled it last minute due to being dodgy with heights!

Like you say, not cheap. One of those "tick the box" things to do if you can't afford to stay there!
Ben J

11th Jul 12 at 06:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep. We werre going to do it when we were there but you need to book something like 3 weeks in advance. But this was 7 years ago so the hype may have died down now.
Balling
Premium Member

11th Jul 12 at 07:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Well, that doesn't look photoshopped at all!

Especially love the bubbles floating in mid air and the shark fin pertruding out of the glass.

[Edited on 11-07-2012 by Balling]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Honeymoon Destinations... 23 database queries in 0.0133209 seconds