corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » cdx c20xe holographic more door updated (24.3.13)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cdx c20xe holographic more door updated (24.3.13)
D0NN3R

User status: Offline
12th Jul 12 at 07:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like this i will be keeping on eye on it
DanCobb

12th Jul 12 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gotta love project threads withbodywork goiing down
Jamie-C

12th Jul 12 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That grill aint gonna fit mate , its going to be the exact same as the first one you bought.
DanCobb

12th Jul 12 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£119?!
s7ree7y

12th Jul 12 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

glad your all liking the wifeys motor, any ideas or if you think ive missed out please let me help and advice goes along way, lol dont say that jamie c i bought that one as its more round at the ends rather than slopping upwards, if all else fails ill mod the crap outa one of them and make it fit lol

does anyone know how i get (a preview pic) up on my post next to the title like everyone else has please
s7ree7y

12th Jul 12 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmao dancobb if it dont fit it will be up for sale to try n reclaim some pennys
nibnob21
Premium Member

12th Jul 12 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unfortunately that grill definitely won't fit. It's the same shape as the slatted plastic one. Trust me, I've had both. As said previously the only grill that will fit the GSi bumper is the GSi grill. You shouldn't have smoothed over the badge recess in the bumper. Only thing you can do is just modify a piece of wire mesh or something along those lines.

And that grill should only be £20, not £120. Look at the purchase history and the price. The reason they usually put the price up is if they're out of stock to deter people from buying one but without having to completely remove the listing.

Plus it's a rep, not even a genuine Kamei grille. Sorry to be the bringer of bad news.

Rest of the car looks good, personally not a fan of the flake. A bit 90s in my opinion, I preferred it plain black. Rear spoiler and CDX leathers are good, I've got the same on my 5 door

Good effort being made though, look forward to seeing it finished.

MX5 Project Thread
corsajay88

12th Jul 12 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very nice project, that mill in the background of the first pic looks familiar, whereabouts in oldham?

[Edited on 12-07-2012 by corsajay88]
s7ree7y

12th Jul 12 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers nibnob21, the flake was the wifes idea and shes happy with it plus its different you dont see it any where these days, i was gna put a violet pearl over the black but the wife wanted flake lol, when the grill eventually lands im gna modify the crap out of it so it does fit (like a glove) its not about cowboy style with the mesh lol i surpose i should of done my research before de badging the bumper but it will look far better without the standard grill
s7ree7y

12th Jul 12 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers corsajay88, in royton mate near broadway (elk mill retail park)
Christopher

12th Jul 12 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Please dont tell me you paid the £120 for the grill?

Same as nibnob really i really liked it in plain black but as you said its your/your wifes decision and your car and you should do it how you like it Keep all the updates coming!
s7ree7y

12th Jul 12 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers christopher more updates coming at weekend when ive had chance to get some more done, and all my speakers,camber adjustment bolts and anything else ive ordered eventually lands
Jamie-C

12th Jul 12 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think there's much you could do to the grill tbh to make it fit without a lot of work on your hands to get it right. It would be much easier to modify the bumper to suit the grill.

Like so,

s7ree7y

13th Jul 12 at 07:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now that is totaly brilliant why didnt i think of that lol ,cheers for the advice jamie-c will see how olympic im feeling over the weekend as ive painted bonnet n bumper a few times already lol, will see when my grill lands and weigh up the best options cheers mate
s7ree7y

15th Jul 12 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heres a couple of pics that i forgot, more updates later when i bring camera home from work

s7ree7y

15th Jul 12 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heres the spoiler i found n ended up with bootlid curtesy of broadbents lol (we cant get the spoiler of so heres a bootlid mate) lmao

nibnob21
Premium Member

15th Jul 12 at 10:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally not a huge fan of that shape of spoiler. I prefer the plain lip ones like the one I have. Only think I've ever seen one other corsa with your style spoiler on though so at least it will be a bit different. Looking forward to seeing it on all the same

MX5 Project Thread
DanCobb

15th Jul 12 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isn't that a 4door one? Will it fit?
nibnob21
Premium Member

15th Jul 12 at 10:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DanCobb

MX5 Project Thread
DanCobb

15th Jul 12 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
quote:
Originally posted by DanCobb

ignore that comment
s7ree7y

15th Jul 12 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmao dancobb, 4 door spoilers seem to be rarer than rocking horse shit so just working with what i can find

had a nice easy weekend fitting stereo etc

thought it was time to replace these crusty cardboard speakers

i bought these (fli mids and tweeters) of Dan Seabo
Dan Seabo
s7ree7y

15th Jul 12 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

s7ree7y

15th Jul 12 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive also replaced the ones in the backs were the parcel shelf goes with some matching 4.25 fli mids, ive chopped up the shelf for the 6x9s until i can get a stealth shelf, then spent allday wondering and searching why i had no tump tump only to eventually sus my rockford fosgate amp has give up the game must be damp in my tool box lol
s7ree7y

15th Jul 12 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well now old faithful has died ill have to find a new amp, then ive still got to fit the tweeters and crossovers and buy a dvd head unit, that should be the sounds sorted, more productive weekend next week so will be more updates
nibnob21
Premium Member

15th Jul 12 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're right about 5 door spoilers being rare. My Irmscher one was the first genuine one I've ever come across, and that's in over 2 years of searching. Every other one I've come across has been a rep and even they're few and far between.

Look forward to more updates.

MX5 Project Thread

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » cdx c20xe holographic more door updated (24.3.13) 24 database queries in 0.0119450 seconds