corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Braces as an adult

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Braces as an adult
Whittie

User status: Offline
19th Jul 12 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've recently done this, got Invisalign one though. Once done, I have to have 2 veneers on the front also, smashed them when I was a kid on a bike, so they've been capped untill now. Someone in a club also took a bit of my bottom tooth out too, which will be rebuilt back up.

Cost a bomb, but be worth it as I dont like my teeth. Laser eye surgery is next on the list.

[Edited on 19-07-2012 by Whittie]
James

19th Jul 12 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anybody got an experience of a London based clinic? I'm looking at using the London Smile Clinic. Got an initial consultation next week. Thanks.
Sunz

19th Jul 12 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
You can only use the NHS if it's causing you problems like struggling to eat stuff. If it's just for cosmetic reasons the NHS won't do it if you are an adult.

Wouldn't it be done on the NHS if it's affecting someone's mental health, for example, anxious to go out because of it, to smile, eat in public, always thinking their self in a bad light, sure I heard something about that.

I had them when I was about 13, glad I did now.
A2H GO

30th Jul 12 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
quote:
Originally posted by James
You can only use the NHS if it's causing you problems like struggling to eat stuff. If it's just for cosmetic reasons the NHS won't do it if you are an adult.

Wouldn't it be done on the NHS if it's affecting someone's mental health.

There is a criteria list on the NHS site somewhere that says when you'd be eligible to have it done on the NHS. Even when you get accepted the waiting list is usually a couple of years.

A2H GO

30th Jul 12 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
I've recently done this, got Invisalign one though. Once done, I have to have 2 veneers on the front also, smashed them when I was a kid on a bike, so they've been capped untill now. Someone in a club also took a bit of my bottom tooth out too, which will be rebuilt back up.

Cost a bomb, but be worth it as I dont like my teeth. Laser eye surgery is next on the list.

[Edited on 19-07-2012 by Whittie]

My sisters about 3-4 months into her invisalign treatment. Hows yours going?

I asked about veneers for my front two following treatment but he strongly advised against it. I guess if yours are damaged though you haven't got much choice.
A2H GO

30th Jul 12 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Small update

Had these out this afternoon :

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Braces as an adult 22 database queries in 0.0092700 seconds