corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Halfords advert on the radio

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Halfords advert on the radio
adiohead

User status: Offline
20th Jul 12 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if I take my Transit to Halfords they will be able to diagnose the problem and replace the broken parts??

.......brb, off to Halfrauds.
3CorsaMeal

20th Jul 12 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hallys mate, call it Hallys

Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
20th Jul 12 at 11:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
The adverts probably aimed at those who have no clue about cars though
Exactly why it shouldn't be allowed as an advert.
SetH

20th Jul 12 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come on then, power of CS let's do something!

Write a letter or put together a petition Ian and get the Community to sign it.
3CorsaMeal

20th Jul 12 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, lets write a few lettys and pettys, could also involve the indies, see what they think of hallys addys
Chris1.8SRi

20th Jul 12 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reminds me of the advert that's on atm. Pounds to pocket, where the old woman goes "my car is essential for getting me around" " I used the money for car repairs"
And I thought, well if you need a loan for far repairs then your going to the wrong place haha clearly she's been ripped of by halfords for a battery or summat lol
Robin
Premium Member

20th Jul 12 at 12:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3i_gaz
quote:
Originally posted by Robin
To be fair beardy, most places would do exactly the same thing

Not really you'd use your head and swop over all the ancillaries as per every engine swop.

Really? I'd expect most people to question it. I'd be surprised by a garage who knew a random nugget of mid 00s vauxhall engine interchangeability.

I also wouldn't class a complete inlet manifold as an ancillary item

I'm not defending them, but that example really isn't a fair example.
corsaben58

20th Jul 12 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive found on countless occasions when i worked in a garage that diagnostic tools would give you a selection of things that are wrong and alot of them are down to drivers faults but once the code is clear you never get a problem. also if theres a problem with the ecu its a never ending cycle of problems listed and it will never tell you the ecu is faulty halfords area waste of time and personally wouldnt take my car there for any repair.
Ryan_G1

20th Jul 12 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 3i_gaz
quote:
To be fair beardy, most places would do exactly the same thing

Not really you'd use your head and swop over all the ancillaries as per every engine swop.

Really? I'd expect most people to question it. I'd be surprised by a garage who knew a random nugget of mid 00s vauxhall engine interchangeability.

I also wouldn't class a complete inlet manifold as an ancillary item

I'm not defending them, but that example really isn't a fair example.

I work in a small garage and we have to do this all the time. I mean like gaz said its not rocket science, if you know job you should be able to do it no problem.
Robin
Premium Member

20th Jul 12 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok
3i_gaz

20th Jul 12 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with above, if you've been in the trade for a while you tend to know what motor uses what engine etc... A bit of general knowledge and your rocking.

And I'd call an inlet an ancillarie item as its bolted to the motor, whatever you'd class it as though you'd swop it end of.

Had loads of engine swoops where I've used the supplied ps pump etc... Engines gone in and they've had an ever so slight difference best to cover your own arse while it's out.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Halfords advert on the radio 22 database queries in 0.0138528 seconds