corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Kennedy Space Centre (Center)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Kennedy Space Centre (Center)
stevenc89

User status: Offline
31st Jul 12 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very very very impressive mate!!

i hate flying so stops me going to these places
Ojc

31st Jul 12 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You fucking idiots, built by Germans for Americans, funded by Nazi gold and German engineering put them on the moon.
taylorboosh

31st Jul 12 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said did you see the vette?
Kyle T
Premium Member

31st Jul 12 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
As said did you see the vette?

No, I don't believe I did. I guess it was one of the astronaut ones? Our tour guide told us about the corvette dealership which loaned them out for $1 to the astronauts of the 60s/70s or something like that.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Lee_fr200

31st Jul 12 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool, I've been lucky enough to see the Shuttle take off a couple of times and last time I was at Kennedy space centre a shuttle was landing from its recent mission, that was back in 1993 though so quite a while
Nath

1st Aug 12 at 07:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
You fucking idiots, built by Germans for Americans, funded by Nazi gold and German engineering put them on the moon.

Nobody cares Nazi boy.
noshua

1st Aug 12 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T

Did SeaWorld and Busch Gardens themeparks, it was my first time to Busch Gardens as it's quite a trek outside of Orlando but it's an awesome day for rollercoaster lovers - I think we did 6 or 7 and three water ride log flume thingies. Sea World was interesting as we did (another) behind the scenes type tour and got to stroke a penguin ( ) and some other stuff.

Went to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure, good as ever - missus loved the new Harry Potter area of IoA, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't find it a little bit cool

Really good holiday, never sat still and come home more knackered than when I left but it's all part of the fun!

I must admit I'm no fan of Harry Potter but when we went to IoA the Harry Potter bit was very cool, the actual area is massive and so realistic. The Hulk ride is amazing too, it's like Rita at Alton Towers but after the initial boost, it isn't shit lol.

[Edited on 01-08-2012 by noshua]
adiohead

1st Aug 12 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
You fucking idiots, built by Germans for Americans, funded by Nazi gold and German engineering pretended to put them on the moon.

Nobody cares Nazi boy.

I care. NASA = NAZIS

Kyle T
Premium Member

1st Aug 12 at 09:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
The Hulk ride is amazing too, it's like Rita at Alton Towers but after the initial boost, it isn't shit lol.

[Edited on 01-08-2012 by noshua]

I found this with quite a few rides tbh!

Sheikrah at Busch Gardens is like Oblivion but it actually has a decent rollercoaster attached to the "gimmick" part, Manta at Seaworld is like Air... but bigger/better/faster etc.

Alton Towers have got some good rides, but most of them rely on a gimmick and don't really put much effort into the rest of the ride.

Cheetah Hunt at Busch Gardens is similar to the Hulk (powered by gas rather than chains and gravity) but you get a couple of "topup" boosts on the way around, it's proper fast - really good ride.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Hammer

1st Aug 12 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of all the rides I went on in Florida, which was the majority of them, the best was Manta at SeaWorld by a distance.
Kyle T
Premium Member

1st Aug 12 at 09:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Of all the rides I went on in Florida, which was the majority of them, the best was Manta at SeaWorld by a distance.

Aye Manta is a top tier one IMO. The loop you do whilst laid on your back is crazy, normally rollercoaster g-forces are down the length of your spine or side to side, this loop feels like you’ve got three grown men sat on your chest

It's hard to identify a favourite though, Sheikrah is also very good.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Nath

1st Aug 12 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

English theme parks get a bad rap when compared to Yank parks, but then it's not even on the same scale. AT always try to innovate rather than immitate.
Ben G

1st Aug 12 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
English theme parks get a bad rap when compared to Yank parks, but then it's not even on the same scale. AT always try to innovate rather than immitate.

exactly. compare them to scottish theme parks and we're lightyears ahead of their crap.
Nath

1st Aug 12 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:

exactly. compare them to scottish theme parks and we're lightyears ahead of their crap.

BuckfastWorld
taylorboosh

1st Aug 12 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

busch gardens has the best rides imo but yea manta is immense... the whole sea world parka is amazing... shamu

and yeas it was a white vette stingray in that huge room the campers in, sort of at the other end of it
Kyle T
Premium Member

1st Aug 12 at 16:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d

and yeas it was a white vette stingray in that huge room the campers in, sort of at the other end of it

I can only assume they took it out to refurb or something, unless I was still dribbling over the shuttle at that point

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
taylorboosh

1st Aug 12 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kyle T
Premium Member

1st Aug 12 at 17:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that was exactly where the bus was parked when we went, so must have moved it elsewhere or taken it off display.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
taylorboosh

1st Aug 12 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was at the opposite end when i was there, easy to miss when theres so much to look at...

i spent mostmy time dribbling over cars/fake cars and choppers tbh
Gary
Premium Member

1st Aug 12 at 17:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awsome socks
taylorboosh

1st Aug 12 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You know it, im too straight to wear trainer socks
Hammer

1st Aug 12 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:

Alright mate, calm down. America have better rollercoasters than England, you don't have to go mental and forget to use upper-case letters.
sc0ott

1st Aug 12 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Simon_16v

1st Aug 12 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice pics Kyle, you've certainly made me more excited for when i go to Florida in a few weeks time.

What was the weather like?
sc0ott

1st Aug 12 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Designed by an american architect

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Kennedy Space Centre (Center) 23 database queries in 0.0137038 seconds