corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Evoque v Q3

Poll: Evoque v Q3
Range Rover Evoque SD4 Tech 44 (91.67%)
Audi Q3 TDI SE 4 (8.33%)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Evoque v Q3
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Sep 12 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
evoque, has to be a 3door for me though, looks fantastic, q3 just looks stupid, just buy an a4

This man speaks the truth.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Fad

12th Sep 12 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BYRON
Evoque didn't drive well IMO. For that reason Q3

Feel bloody cheap too IMO.

But if you were forced with a gun the Evoque out of them two.
Jambo

12th Sep 12 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What Fad said. They are also no bigger than a VW Golf inside but cost twice the price.

Gun to head Evoque.
Marc

12th Sep 12 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally I prefer the look of the Evoque, I think the ride and comfort of both is identical. Yet there is something about the Q3 that I can't put my finger on.
Nick-S

12th Sep 12 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate these types of 4x4 with a passion. There shite on road and shite off road. Completely pointless cars.

But i would pick the Evoque on looks alone.
RichR
Premium Member

12th Sep 12 at 15:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 4wd Evoque actually gets pretty good reviews off road; much better than the Freelander2. Missus mum borrowed one and it was fine around the quarry and horses which is about as extreme as most 4x4s are ever going to see anyway

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/land-rover/range-rover-evoque/18239/range-rover-evoque-road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmsDJPbiVv0

[Edited on 12-09-2012 by LiVe LeE]
Nick-S

12th Sep 12 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any car without low range, and 20+ inch road tyres is not going to be good off road though...
RichR
Premium Member

12th Sep 12 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was perfectly capable in an old quarry, through fields and hefty slopes, towing a trailer full of haylage-granted it was on a more rugged semi-mud tyre but it did everything that our disco3 ever needed and there won't be many occasions where any road registered, non modified 4x4 will go as off road as we use our's for and I had no issues with it. Currently running a 2001 petrol V8 P38 and a 2004 TD4 Freelander between the family to do the same work but they also don't return 50mpg so I'm all in favour of the Evoque as an every day 4x4
Ben G

12th Sep 12 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nick-S
Any car without low range, and 20+ inch road tyres is not going to be good off road though...

what do you define as off road? a grassy field is off road and even my car drives fine on that.

or do you think you need to have muddy craters and deep quarries in your garden to buy a 4x4?

[Edited on 12-09-2012 by Ben G]
Nick-S

12th Sep 12 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would you buy a 4x4 if you wernt going off road?

They do nothing more than a saloon or estate other than have worse MPG and performance. IMO
John

12th Sep 12 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because you don't look as rich in an old estate as you do in an evoque, exactly the same reason it's got a range rover badge and 10k on the price instead of being called a land rover.
Nick-S

12th Sep 12 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly

Not sure why you would have a Q3 over an A3 tbh.
djgritt
Premium Member

12th Sep 12 at 18:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evoque, without question.
Ben G

12th Sep 12 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

They do nothing more than a saloon or estate other than have worse MPG and performance. IMO

why buy a megane 225 when a kia cee'd would be fine?
Steve X16XE

12th Sep 12 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Off road!!

RichR
Premium Member

12th Sep 12 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bet an Evoque gets better mpg than your megane

antnee

12th Sep 12 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
What Fad said. They are also no bigger than a VW Golf inside but cost twice the price.

Gun to head Evoque.

My bro had the VW Tiguan (same as the Q3) and its miles bigger than a golf inside. You can have a 6foot+ driver and still have a 6foot+ passenger behind them with miles of leg room. The boot is fecking huge too
ed

12th Sep 12 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't speak for the Audi but realistically the Evoque is a four seater and there's the usual bugger all leg room in the back you'd come to expect from their products. It feels like your sitting on the floor in the back, but then it is a pretty small car.
Lee_fr200

12th Sep 12 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I absolutely love the evoque
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
12th Sep 12 at 23:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Sit a bit higher, it might snow, Fiat 500 might be a bit too cheap.

I do feel like I'm sitting on the floor not able to see anything when I'm back in my Astra, you must feel similar going from a truck to a car? Do you not miss the visibility?
Nick-S

13th Sep 12 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

Sit a bit higher, it might snow, Fiat 500 might be a bit too cheap.

I do feel like I'm sitting on the floor not able to see anything when I'm back in my Astra, you must feel similar going from a truck to a car? Do you not miss the visibility?
I do miss the visability but that the only good thing about sitting high. I find it easyer to park my 30ft truck than park my car

All im saying is for example i dont see why you would have a X5 over a 5 series estate. There no more practical (except 1 week of snow a year) and have worse MPG and performance.

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
Bet an Evoque gets better mpg than your megane

Agreed. But were did my Megane come into this?

[Edited on 13-09-2012 by Nick-S]
Marc

13th Sep 12 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Can't speak for the Audi but realistically the Evoque is a four seater and there's the usual bugger all leg room in the back you'd come to expect from their products. It feels like your sitting on the floor in the back, but then it is a pretty small car.

I'm 6` 2 and had plenty of leg room in both.
RichR
Premium Member

13th Sep 12 at 11:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Evoque and Q3 are actually very economical. I chose your Megane as an example of a hatchback car, nothing else. My jag gets between 45-50mpg for the driving I do; the Evoque we borrowed got 45-50mpg for the same drive. It was more practical than the Jag as the seats folded down and I could get my snowboard inside which I can't with my Jag. Therefore, just as economical but more practical for me.

The 2.0TDI Q3 is returning 52mpg; 2.2 SD4 Evoque is returning 49mpg. They're not bad figures for the size of car.
RichR
Premium Member

13th Sep 12 at 11:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ed, they do a 4 seat and 5 seat Evoque - are you sure you weren't in the 4 seat version?
John

13th Sep 12 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you get electric seats in a 3 door evoque it;s a right PITA getting in the back.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Evoque v Q3 25 database queries in 0.0181720 seconds