corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » TT - [Update: Insurance collected]

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author TT - [Update: Insurance collected]
Andrew

User status: Offline
13th Sep 12 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Get under it yourself and have a look.

And avoid going through the insurance even if that means skimping on the repair, you'll be bummed for years otherwise, no questions.

Fad

13th Sep 12 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
it will affect her insurance. they class you as being a higher risk of having another accident in the future, for some strange and unknown reason.

This only happens to the dumbasses who claim off their own insurance then look to recoup the cost from the other party afterwards. Ideally you don't have to even contact your insurance company at all you just deal with the other party's insurer direct unless liability is not admitted. Seriously not sure why people don't go through insurance when it's as clear cut as the case in this thread.
Fad

13th Sep 12 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

And avoid going through the insurance even if that means skimping on the repair, you'll be bummed for years otherwise, no questions.

[Edited on 13-09-2012 by Ian]

That's not strictly true especially when liability is clear and your own insurance company isn't remotely involved. In this case just get his insurance details and contact his company directly. I have had the same issue 5 times now and not once has my insurance gone up.

[Edited on 13-09-2012 by Fad]
Ben G

13th Sep 12 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
it will affect her insurance. they class you as being a higher risk of having another accident in the future, for some strange and unknown reason.

This only happens to the dumbasses who claim off their own insurance then look to recoup the cost from the other party afterwards. Ideally you don't have to even contact your insurance company at all you just deal with the other party's insurer direct unless liability is not admitted. Seriously not sure why people don't go through insurance when it's as clear cut as the case in this thread.

Excuse me you twat but I never once claimed off my own insurance.

On the online quote it said 'have you had any accidents.....', I put it down to be legal and honest.

So who's the dumbass now?
Ben G

13th Sep 12 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh btw, the other party was with admiral, I was with elephant. Same company so had to declare it.
Fad

13th Sep 12 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They ask you if you have any claims right? Did you claim off your own insurer? If not then why say you have?
Fad

13th Sep 12 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FYI Ben

Astra Gsi-someone drove into the side of it
Clio-someone drive into the back
Clio someone cracked my front wing in a car park
Audi A3-rear quarter damage
BMW-someone drove into the back.

Insurance has gone down every year.....go figure?Nnot once have I had to get my own insurance company involved. every time I was contacted by the other parties insurer who collected the car and dealt with it. End of.

[Edited on 13-09-2012 by Fad]
Ben G

13th Sep 12 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
They ask you if you have any claims right? Did you claim off your own insurer? If not then why say you have?

They asked:

''have you had any accidents in the last 3 years, regardless of fault''

They aren't stupid. Just some silly money making exercise.
Fad

13th Sep 12 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I've only been asked if I've made any claims in the last 3 years. When my renewal is up every year I negotiate this and every accident I've been in is logged and they even tell me they are all non fault. So somehow the insurers must share info.

either way its questionable whether the increase in the Premium (if applicable) would outweigh the potential cost of being out of pocket. £50-100 hike or get stung for £400+ when the damage is worse than first thought and the other guy suddenly doesn't want to cough up or wants you to use some dodgy backstreet body shop because it's cheaper for him.
Ben G

13th Sep 12 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed. I'm not disputing the fact it would be silly to settle outside of insurance for a nice motor like the tt. Just sharing my own personal experiences of getting stung because of someone elses fuck up.

Direct line were the only company who didn't increase their quote when I declared the accident on their online quote form.
Firestate88

13th Sep 12 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on first glance looks like just a crack at the bottom of the bumper, but looking abit more there seems to be a mark abit further up on the bumper? could be due to hitting the bumper reinforcement bar which may have bent the bar or pushed the back panel in slightly so would need the bumper off and a good examination behind, check the entire exhaust from manifold back as may have pushed the exhaust a tad and could have caused damage anywhere up the exhaust system
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
14th Sep 12 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fad - they ask if you've had claims, not how you went about them.

If you manage to negotiate it well done, the rest of us get asked, tell the truth and pay more.
RichR
Premium Member

20th Sep 12 at 10:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exhaust started blowing shortly after this all happened so regardless, for the avoidance of doubt, the car's gone off for repair via insurance

and she's currently rocking this

Ben G

20th Sep 12 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like for like
RichR
Premium Member

20th Sep 12 at 10:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was meant to be
whitter45

20th Sep 12 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at least you have transport
RichR
Premium Member

20th Sep 12 at 10:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with it at all and the fuel economy is great-just not quite what she was expecting!!
M2RTY

20th Sep 12 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my dads insurance rocketed after 25 years clean driving, as he claimed as someone went into side of car in car park

now a higher risk? Dont think so, try telling insurer that...
am4nf

20th Sep 12 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why should it effect her insurance its fuck all to do with "her" insurance
RichR
Premium Member

20th Sep 12 at 12:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whilst it shouldn't make a difference, it inevitibly does as the insurance database registers that a claim has been lodged; of course it makes a difference given that the query is "Have you made any claims or had any accidents in the last 3 years?"

There's no way round it; when she added me to her policy, she hadn't realised that I still had an active claim/accident within the 3 years. The insurers called her back later and told her that I had, she never volunteered the information. The insurance then went up accordingly. Disgraceful in the event of a non-fault accident but insurers have you by the balls

[Edited on 20-09-2012 by LiVe LeE]
LeeM

20th Sep 12 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Fad - they ask if you've had claims, not how you went about them.

If you manage to negotiate it well done, the rest of us get asked, tell the truth and pay more.

when asked if youve made any non fault claims, it means a claim on your own policy.

if someone crashes into you and you claim on your own policy, then your insurer reclaims the cost from the other insurer this is a non fault claim that you have made on your policy and have to declare. there are 2 claims being made, one by you on your policy and one by the third party on theirs.

if someone crashes into you and you dont contact your insurer at all, but get in touch with the other insurer, an accident management company or either of these get in touch with you and you claim directly from the third party insurer then it isnt necesary to declare this as a non fault claim.

theres no databases kept which list you as the person making the claim, because you aren't. youre involved in a single claim being made in the name of the third party driver on their policy.

even if youre both insured with the same company, there is no claim recorded in your name. no need to declare, fact.
RichR
Premium Member

20th Sep 12 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But they do ask if you've had an accident, not just if you've made a claim
LeeM

20th Sep 12 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you're foolish enough to tell them something you're legally not required to, that theyve got no way of finding out about (again, nothing recorded in your name), then thats on you.
RichR
Premium Member

20th Sep 12 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think being foolhardy comes into it. The question is clear and concise

quote:
Direct Line
Claims History
Details of Claims should include any accidents, claims or losses made by you or any additional driver irrespective of fault. We cannot offer you a quotation if there are 4 or more at fault claims in total across all drivers.

quote:
Confused
Please give us details of any accidents or claims you've had involving your car in the last 5 years. Please include incidents where you were not deemed to be at fault or where you were driving a different vehicle.

quote:
Aviva
•You need to tell us about any motor related claim whether fault or non fault.
•You don’t need to tell us about accidents where an insurance claim was not made and you paid for repairs yourself.
•You don’t need to include claims made by other drivers in this section as these will be asked within the additional driver details section

In none of those does it distinguish between your or a third party's insurance claim

[Edited on 20-09-2012 by LiVe LeE]
LeeM

20th Sep 12 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but its asking about claims youve made.
in the case of a third party claim where youre dealign directly with the third party insurer you arent claiming, the other party is making the claim and youre just involved in it.

when it says "You don’t need to tell us about accidents where an insurance claim was not made and you paid for repairs yourself." this is essentially the same sort of thing, becuase your insurer hasnt paid for anything.

bear in mind ive worked for 4 years in motor insurance claims.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » TT - [Update: Insurance collected] 22 database queries in 0.0131750 seconds