corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Film Day - Looper

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Film Day - Looper
SetH

User status: Offline
30th Sep 12 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just got back from seeing it.

Micra Pete is winding you all up

Dare I say it's probably the best film I have seen this year along with Dark Knight Rises.

It's fairly original (well as much as you can be these days) and is very thought provoking. It certainly keeps your attention and It's been a while since I have watched a film in a Cinema where you can tell that everyone is totally absorbed and not bored/distracted.

Time travel films can get quite messy with all the paradoxes and when you try and analyse them you just end up unraveling even more paradoxes and it becomes impossible. This move keeps it relatively simple and gets the balance right so that the audience will get it. If you go into 1337 hax0r g33k mode and try to find holes in it then there is something wrong with you, its pointless and fruitless exercise.

It did not leave any silly Damon Lindeof type questions nor did it kick of several story arcs for the sake of it and then not complete them. For me it really did come full circle without being predictable and left me feeling quite satisfied.

Definitely worthy of the critical acclaim it has received for sure.

9/10 from me and I can be quite tight when scoring a film.

SetH

30th Sep 12 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by micra_pete
Also, after thinking more about the film and working out some bits. 8.5 / 10

That's more like it, I thought your 7/10 was a bit low.
Toby
Premium Member

6th Oct 12 at 01:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seen this yesterday, brilliant film and agree with Seth 100%.
morpheus22

6th Oct 12 at 06:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

watching this tonight
AlunJ

6th Oct 12 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6/10 it was okay for the most part and yes it did keep your attention for most of the film but did drag on a bit and I start to get restless after a while but then I'm not one for films that fry your brain

[Edited on 06-10-2012 by AlunJ]
John

6th Oct 12 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with Alun, massive disappointment.

Don't agree with the frying brain bit, was massively predictable. Was like someone had a good idea and then executed it badly.
micra_pete
Premium Member

6th Oct 12 at 10:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John

Don't agree with the frying brain bit, was massively predictable. Was like someone had a good idea and then executed it badly.

Can I also please have an apology you miserable man.
Bart

6th Oct 12 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the problem with film reviews is people start by giving it higher grades you go in with high expectations and it probably wont deliver.
If you went in thinking its going to be a very average movie, you may feel differently?
John

6th Oct 12 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry Pete, I didn't actually read your comment, just enough to see that it looked like a spoiler.

I was definitely going in thinking it was going to be great, even if I wasn't, still worked out the whole story straight away, spent the rest of the film waiting for a scene at the end that made it all come together.

Instead there was a dissapointed complete silence from the whole audience, 'oh, is that it'.
micra_pete
Premium Member

6th Oct 12 at 17:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Sorry Pete, I didn't actually read your comment, just enough to see that it looked like a spoiler.

I was definitely going in thinking it was going to be great, even if I wasn't, still worked out the whole story straight away, spent the rest of the film waiting for a scene at the end that made it all come together.

Instead there was a dissapointed complete silence from the whole audience, 'oh, is that it'.

It is accepted John, thank you

Also, I agree with your comments but it seemed to get better in my mind a day or so later.

Nic Barnes

7th Oct 12 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That kid looked quite evil on some scenes
SetH

7th Oct 12 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

John seriously, is there anything you like on this planet? anything at all... literally?

I have never seen you say anything positive about anything
SetH

7th Oct 12 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
That kid looked quite evil on some scenes

THIS

Most scary kid I have ever seen.

The faces of pure hate and anger that he pulled, kid's got some acting skillz
John

7th Oct 12 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
quote:

John seriously, is there anything you like on this planet? anything at all... literally?

I have never seen you say anything positive about anything

Last decades the matrix.

I also love time travel sci fi shit. This was a good idea badly executed.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

7th Oct 12 at 20:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want to see this straight after taken.

not a bad film but it wasnt great! dont see why someone has said its this decades matrix?
John

7th Oct 12 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The adverts for the film said it.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Film Day - Looper 22 database queries in 0.4004571 seconds