corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Polished Bliss®: Clark's new car...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Polished Bliss®: Clark's new car...
Ben G

User status: Offline
5th Jan 13 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste
Shame about the shit wiring job. Nice and clean then a crappy bit of red wire traipsed across the boot. I would have spent half a day less cleaning the bits no-one ever sees and spent that afternoon doing a proper job of the remote charge wires.

i thought that was a photo of the wiring half way through surely he can't have left it like that?
kennySRi

5th Jan 13 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really enjoyed reading that, probs the best he has done and being his own car made it even better.

Love it, always been a fan of these cars. Not the nicest colour for them but it's still fantastic in every way. Looks immaculate, i'd be keeping it indoors but fair play to him if he's going to drive it most days.

Robin, i also hate LED bulbs, think the only thing i don't like with the car is the plate bulbs.
nibnob21
Premium Member

5th Jan 13 at 23:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
It does look nice but I personally think the WR1 looked better lol. No doubt there leagues apart but that one just ain't my thing.

I have to agree. I'm not even a huge Impreza fan but his one looked fantastic. This era of Porsche's do very little for me, I much prefer the classics.

MX5 Project Thread
big eck

6th Jan 13 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
quote:
It does look nice but I personally think the WR1 looked better lol. No doubt there leagues apart but that one just ain't my thing.

Eck you do have some strange taste

Don't get me wrong some Porsches I see are the nuts (like that green and black and grey and red ones on top gear). But that blue one just ain't my kinda thing lol.
ed

6th Jan 13 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Ste
Shame about the shit wiring job. Nice and clean then a crappy bit of red wire traipsed across the boot. I would have spent half a day less cleaning the bits no-one ever sees and spent that afternoon doing a proper job of the remote charge wires.

i thought that was a photo of the wiring half way through surely he can't have left it like that?

The wires will probably go back into the battery box when not in use.
Ste
Premium Member

6th Jan 13 at 10:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought the whole point of them is so he doesn't have to go into the battery box

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
ed

6th Jan 13 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah, not sure what he's doing then. The lid just flips open anyway, I just thought he might have attached something with a Molex on it so that he doesn't need to attach jumper leads to the battery every time he wants to use it/leave it for a bit.
Clark_PB

6th Jan 13 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure Clark would be genuinely delighted at some of the positive feedback on his car,and after all I'm sure he probably bought it with the sole intention of seeking approval from the CS massive so he'll no doubt be as equally gutted about the negative feedback (or maybe not)

I'd also assume the battery wiring is neatly tucked away now and was pictured as shown just to highlight what had been done,just a guess like...you'd probably have to ask him ;-)

[Edited on 06-01-2013 by Clark_PB]
Tomnova16
Premium Member

6th Jan 13 at 11:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Chris x

6th Jan 13 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Clark_PB
I'm sure Clark would be genuinely delighted at some of the positive feedback on his car,and after all I'm sure he probably bought it with the sole intention of seeking approval from the CS massive so he'll no doubt be as equally gutted about the negative feedback (or maybe not)

I'd also assume the battery wiring is neatly tucked away now and was pictured as shown just to highlight what had been done,just a guess like...you'd probably have to ask him ;-)

[Edited on 06-01-2013 by Clark_PB]

Your proof that hard work can get you toys like this! Well done!
big eck

6th Jan 13 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pmsl you joined up just to have a sly go at some on here because they have an opinion on your car???
Ben G

6th Jan 13 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just like your brother when something doesn't go the way you planned

Aside from the wiring, all.the comments are positive.

We can't tell from the pics thats it's been tucked away, nor does it say thay anywhere, so how are we supposed to know any different?

If you don't like anyone giving their own opinion on things, don't post pics

Please keep doing so though, I love these threads.
3CorsaMeal

6th Jan 13 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too predictable and obvious them cars. Its like following in the footsteps of a piston head user. Will never be amazing as they arent top of thier league. Its like having a corsa Sri when other people have the gsi.
ed

6th Jan 13 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I dropped my car off at the garage the other day, they had a conditioner that plugs into the cigarette lighter socked. Was called a Porsche Charge-O-Mat.
John

6th Jan 13 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Charge-O-Mat is a CTEK item apparently, no doubt much cheaper without the Porsche branding.
Nath

6th Jan 13 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Pmsl you joined up just to have a sly go at some on here because they have an opinion on your car???

Too right as well. Clueless people.
Joe

6th Jan 13 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless you drive a Porsche please refrain from commenting.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th Jan 13 at 12:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what a bell end
Paul_J

6th Jan 13 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
just like your brother when something doesn't go the way you planned

Ben G

6th Jan 13 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Unless you drive a Porsche please refrain from commenting.

What if you drive an Evo?
John

6th Jan 13 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evo is the pinnacle of the automotive journey. If you have an Evo you've made it and can look down on all others.
big eck

6th Jan 13 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Evo is the pinnacle of the automotive journey. If you have an Evo you've made it and can look down on all others.

Agreed. It's better than a shitty M3 that's splitting it half with the springs constantly snapping
Generation

6th Jan 13 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
Missed a bit!

That doesn't stop being funny
Clark_PB

6th Jan 13 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow,I think a bit of sarcasm was missed on a few individuals here haha!

Guys, I couldn't care less what people think of the car - it may surprise you to know that I sleep relatively well at night despite people maybe not liking it, I'll just have to learn how to cope with that in time haha!

I was just having a bit of a light hearted banter but it seems it went right over the heads of some of you so I do apologise :-)
big eck

6th Jan 13 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If just came across as big headedness lol. Hearing sarcasm and trying to read it that way is a bit more difficult lol.

I still prefered the wr1 tho lol.

[Edited on 06-01-2013 by big eck]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Polished Bliss®: Clark's new car... 23 database queries in 0.0160840 seconds