corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » quiting smoking ?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author quiting smoking ?
C2RL R

User status: Offline
13th Jan 13 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been using a nicorette inhalator since new year and not touched a cig since. Not sure it's the best idea though coz it still gives you nicotine. 2 of my mates im living with are using ecigs and reckon they are good but the capsules hardly last any time at all.
danny_vx

13th Jan 13 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, the capsules, atomisers, etc are no good IMO. Clearomizer is the superior technology, tell them to check a clearomizer out
Gary
Premium Member

13th Jan 13 at 15:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or a nice big cup of man the fuck up. Cheaper too.
Tiger

13th Jan 13 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nicotine is as toxic as any of the other chemicals in the fags, if your gonna quit, you've just got to do it the hard way, otherwise theres no poiint.
Gary
Premium Member

14th Jan 13 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone I know keeps banging on about her not smoking for a couple of weeks, but shes had an e-cig It actually makes me angry when think they are good for not having a cig because they are on these things.

Smackheads get given Methadrone to get them off the smack but its hardly a fucking achievement is it!
Brett
Premium Member

14th Jan 13 at 11:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The idea of e-cigs is that you can lower the strength over time. You can get 0mg nicotine if you want. For me personally the hardest part is the habit of nipping out at work, driving with a cig, etc. E-cigs help that.
Liam-Wilko

14th Jan 13 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like I said try champix they are good I used them quit withing the first 2 weeks and stopped taking the champix early havnt touched a cig never used ecig things or what ever they are still have to want to quit as well though
edd1.0

14th Jan 13 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for me its more about breaking the habbit of smoking aswell , ive cut down to 2 a day , considering i was on 15-20 a day i think i have done quite well within the first 3 days, i know people will say you need to quit all together and i will in a week or so , ive set a deadline of when to be 100% smoke free.

im not sure if i want to start using e-cigs or anything as it just shifts the addiction into another form , i know they do help but considering u can smoke e-cigs indoors etc it would probably make it harder for me. i just keep telling myself in my head that 'i dont smoke anymore' and for some reason that seems to help

Liam-Wilko

14th Jan 13 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck with quitting mate it will be the best thing you will ever do.

I admit it was still hard using the champix but after the first week ya seem fine .
Brett
Premium Member

14th Jan 13 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm just gonna stop one day, then I can be one of those amazing people who sings their own praises online about how great their willpower is and how less of a man others are who need assistance.
Liam-Wilko

14th Jan 13 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
I'm just gonna stop one day, then I can be one of those amazing people who sings their own praises online about how great their willpower is and how less of a man others are who need assistance.

With any way you do it needs will power TBH I admit I couldnt have done it without the champix every little way helps but the main thing i learnt was you have to want to quite before quitting and not just say im going to or want to quit if you know what i mean.
Tom

14th Jan 13 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used a combination of chewing gum, electric ciggie and willpower. I still smoke when i have a drink but I never have one in the week etc and usually (barring xmas) go a month or so in between smoking now which i'm more than happy with.
Liam-Wilko

14th Jan 13 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
I used a combination of chewing gum, electric ciggie and willpower. I still smoke when i have a drink but I never have one in the week etc and usually (barring xmas) go a month or so in between smoking now which i'm more than happy with.

I tryed the chewing gum and it was vile how did you cope.
Tom

14th Jan 13 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Liam-Wilko
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

I tryed the chewing gum and it was vile how did you cope.

I think that's kind of the point, it almost tastes spicy (ew I'm remembering how nasty it was now ) but it definitely helped during cravings in the first couple of weeks, and it was that bad that I dropped it pretty quickly afterwards. I was concerned that I might get bad cravings in the days after smoking (when drinking) but I've not really had the urge at all unless I have a drink in my hand. For me it's probably 95% about breaking the habit of doing it every day, and 5% about the physical addiction to nicotene.

[Edited on 14-01-2013 by Tom]
Brett
Premium Member

14th Jan 13 at 12:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I must be the only smoker on the planet who doesn't smoke when he's had a drink
Gary
Premium Member

14th Jan 13 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I was quitting I found it easier not to smoke while drinking, strange.
Liam-Wilko

14th Jan 13 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont drink that often anymore maybe once or twice a year
Gary
Premium Member

14th Jan 13 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That means your either a recovering alcoholic or you stay in playing far too much COD.
Gary
Premium Member

14th Jan 13 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DO you leave the house at all?
Liam-Wilko

14th Jan 13 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
DO you leave the house at all?

Yeah I work, Play football, go to the gym, donate blood and bone marrow when I can just because i dont drink dosnt mean I sit in the house all the time.
Gary
Premium Member

14th Jan 13 at 13:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't believe you
Liam-Wilko

14th Jan 13 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Don't believe you

You dont have to mate. But here is a little info for you

I last donated blood on the 08/01/2013 at 2:55 in peterlee ( still got the dam bruse to prove it)
I am part of the Anthony Nolan bone marrow donation for personal reasons (Have my donor card as proof)
I play football Thursdays and Sundays with the lads
I go the Fitness factory in peterlee due to only working round on the same estate.

Drinking is just another thing witch people die of and I really dont see the point in paying to forget a night and wake up the next day with a head ache.
Liam-Wilko

14th Jan 13 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can also tell you my reasons behind who i do what i do if you really want to know or you could just join me and donate.
Gary
Premium Member

14th Jan 13 at 14:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chill your beans, i'm winding you up!
Liam-Wilko

14th Jan 13 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still be nice to get you to donate

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » quiting smoking ? 22 database queries in 0.0123508 seconds