corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Non-racism getting called racist - Rant

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Non-racism getting called racist - Rant
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
12th Jan 13 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
If saying paki is racist then so is calling someone a brit or a scot.

Seriously?

What the fuck is going on with this forum

That user doesn't speak on behalf of the forum?
MoesTavern

12th Jan 13 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Posts like that are commonplace on here Ian, let's not kid ourselves
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Jan 13 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And in the whole country, I don't think its over-represented just on one web site.
Gary
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Racism should be banned. There is no difference between calling somone a Ginger cunt, fat cunt, lanky cunt or black cunt. Load of shite
Ste
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 13:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definition of racism
noun
[mass noun]

the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
John

12th Jan 13 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think my mate put it the best way I've heard years ago.

If you want to insult someone you'll use whatever you think causes most damage. If this happens to be race/colour/whatever, that's what you'll say. It in no way makes you a racist.

Then you get proper racists, seems to be no distinction between that any more. If you are white and have any sort of argument with anyone not white, you'll be branded a racist anyway.
Dr Pepper

12th Jan 13 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not Racism - its possibly xenophobia ...its definitely a fucking stupid thing to say.

Thats my main problem with comments like this - its just moronic behaviour.

Calling someone a Brit is not the same as calling someone a Paki - Paki has historically been a nasty, derogative term with racist and violent connotations ..... its not just a case of shortening words - if you think it is then you are dumb.

and there is a big difference between calling someone fat or ginger cunt, compared to a black cunt ......As far as I can see violence against fat or ginger people is not a global issue ...there are not many far right ginger hate groups as far as I am aware.

Personally I dont have a problem with the world being a bit more PC - its something that had to happen ... it will sort itself out when everyone gets used to it.

Im more anti stupid than anything else - I dont really see this country as 'mine' - its just a piece of land that broke off lots of other bits .... I couldnt really give a fuck who lives or works here as long as they behave properly .... I dont really class some over paid dick on twitter telling someone to fuck off home as behaving properly

[Edited on 12-01-2013 by Dr Pepper]
Toby
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 15:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
But it's simply not racist to call someone from Pakistan a paki and neither is it racist to tell someone to go back home. Along the line, racism has lost it's meaning to general folk. As Ste said, at worst it's xenophobia but actually, in both of the above examples, it's neither

[Edited on 12-01-2013 by LiVe LeE]

Historically it has been used as an insult when used in certain context, that would be a form of rasicm

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
If saying paki is racist then so is calling someone a brit or a scot.

Its the context its used though not what was said. As above.
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hold the fucking party, Dr pepper is here
Toby
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 15:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Surely you must agree that in a lot of these cases, liberal hangers-on are more conspicuous than the actual guy its aimed at?

I could be wrong but im sure there was a case a few years ago in South Shields (somebody on here could maybe confirm) but the council took down all the street hanging xmas decs due to complaints, however i believe everyone that complained were white Christians and not one person from an alternate race or religion submitted a complaint, just people too concerned about upsetting others.

Joke tbh.
Dr Pepper

12th Jan 13 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Hold the fucking party, Dr pepper is here

weirdo
Ste
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
Calling someone a Brit is not the same as calling someone a Paki - Paki has historically been a nasty, derogative term with racist and violent connotations ..... its not just a case of shortening words - if you think it is then you are dumb.

You couldn't be any more wrong. The people who 'historically' took offence to Paki were Indians, who generally hate people from Pakistan.

The word Paki translates to mean Beauty, stan meaning land. Pakistan means beautiful land.

Get your facts right before being another white on the racism band wagon thinking you are doing brown people a favour.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Hammer

12th Jan 13 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Facts right

The meaning of the word 'paki' does not matter 1 single bit. The intention of the person saying the word 'paki' and in what context does.

Griffiths is a vile little bastard with a history of abusing his own supporters, it is without debate that he intended to abuse the guy because of the colour of his skin.

It was a racist comment.
Dr Pepper

12th Jan 13 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste
quote:

You couldn't be any more wrong. The people who 'historically' took offence to Paki were Indians, who generally hate people from Pakistan.

The word Paki translates to mean Beauty, stan meaning land. Pakistan means beautiful land.

Get your facts right before being another white on the racism band wagon thinking you are doing brown people a favour.

Really? ....well where I come from .... I used to see the few asians we had at our school being chased home by idiots calling them paki..... Im pretty sure it wasnt a term of beauty to them.

Going to football games in the late 80's and early 90's in north London I can assure you it wasnt just Indians that were taking offence and generally being terrorised by the term 'paki'.

It really isn't relevant what the historical meaning or origin of the word is ... in this country it was synonymous with racist taunts and terms such as 'pakibash'. It was used in numerous vile chants by far right idiots within football grounds - in this country, and our culture it is a word that needed to be eradicated.

Your attitude on here Steve reeks of someone who hasn't actually seen much of the world
It must be pretty boring to have these absolute view on things with no room to manoeuvre or change your mind ever

Ste
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You still can't tell the difference between racism and abuse can you

John

12th Jan 13 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As for the original comment, whether racist or not, he deserves to be punished for his stupidity.
MoesTavern

12th Jan 13 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste
quote:

oh jesus
Dr Pepper

12th Jan 13 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste
You still can't tell the difference between racism and abuse can you

You cant tell the difference between the literal translation of a word, and the historical context of it within a culture.

enjoy your evening - weirdo
Davey1971

12th Jan 13 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am half Spanish and throughout my life when i was a teenager, i have been called a paki it just goes to show how some people who think just because of my skin complexion it makes me from a Indian back ground. As the term for beauty is a load of bollocks.

[Edited on 12-01-2013 by Davey1971]
Kyle T
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 18:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Being any kind of PR worker for celebrities must be a fucking nightmare since the birth of Twitter.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
psycho sport

12th Jan 13 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This whole argument reminds me of an incident at work.
We had a black guy who was kicking off and threatening all sorts of naughty things against me and he then called me a fat cunt. To which i responded with acceptance as both are true and called him a black cunt. At this point he went ballistic calling me racist etc. I tried explaining to him that it is an observational put down, exactly what he did to me. The other chap i was working with at the time himself black, was wetting himself with laughter.

Sadly the vast majority of people are ignorant morons who are not able to make a clear rational judgement on the comments made to them. Our friends who are in the ethnic minorities are ever so quick to pull the race card. I have come across this time and time again.
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Jan 13 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but fat isn't a race so that makes it OK for some reason.
Dr Pepper

12th Jan 13 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Yeah but fat isn't a race so that makes it OK for some reason.

A generation of fat people were not stolen from their continent by thin people and put to work as slaves for the good of thin people.
Being fat can go against you in an interview statistically - but no where near as much as being black or Asian will statistically.
Being fat is not likely to see you stopped or arrested without charge more often than someone who is thin
The police force in the western world do not have a historical reputation of being anti fat people.
Fat people are not more likely to live in poverty, or be effected by crime than thin people
Fat people are not likely to do worse in the workplace or education than thin people
Being fat is not more likely to result in you or one of your family going to prison
Being fat is not more likely to result in you or one of your family being murdered
There are not armed and dedicated far right activists looking at killing or tormenting fat people

So why are people of different races subjected to all of these problems in the western world? Is it because they are less intelligent than whites? Maybe more violent - less dedicated? Just lazy? Or is it just because that is what the kind of society we have results in .... it used to be much much worse - an effort has to be made to even things up(unless you dont believe we are all even?) Fat people do not need the same effort to be made - they can just get thin, or put up with it and go along very nicely with their life.

Fat people do very well in this world - it is not a big obstacle to succeeding - hence why so many millionaires are fat or become fat. Hence why we do not really need to clamp down heavy or deal with anti fat remarks. Im a chubby fucker myself - I got the piss ripped at school - yes this kind of abuse must be dealt with as all verbal abuse should be - but there is a big difference between the 2 things

Being any other colour than white is a a proven, statistical problem to a human being in the western world ..... seems like the only reason someone wouldn't want to see this problem wiped out - is if you really don't like people of other colours, or don't actually think they are made of the same stuff and deserve the same rights as you ?

That is your difference Ian. I applaud the fact you let people make stupid racist comments on this site without moderation - but I dont really think you cover yourself in glory when you start egging people on to make more.

John

12th Jan 13 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are massively deluded.
DERV-POWER

12th Jan 13 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the punishment right for the crime

http://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/118881/man-racially-abused-at-deeside-gym-court-told.aspx

[Edited on 12-01-2013 by DERV-POWER]

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Non-racism getting called racist - Rant 23 database queries in 0.0150640 seconds