corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Log book help

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Log book help
Russ

User status: Offline
16th Jan 13 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ask yourself, what would ling do?
AndyCorsaSport

16th Jan 13 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah scrap it, they fucked you over, fuck them over
JordyCarter

16th Jan 13 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ring the garage up?
Brett
Premium Member

16th Jan 13 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One does not simply ring the garage.
SXI - Matt

16th Jan 13 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been in contact with the garage since it all happened as obviously I want my train fare compensated for as they lied to me and wasted my time, however I didn't actually think they'd sent the log book off, rang first thing when it landed on my door this morning, had to wait for some one to call back. They basically won't tell me how they managed to get the log book with out my signature the actual site manager this time told me it shouldn't of happened and he doesn't no why, but if I don't send him the log book he won't refund me the deposit which if I was him I'd do the same to cover my back, there goes any fun I could have with it. Although in fairness it's a bit of paper and is more hassle then good trying to scrap it ect and will only land me in trouble

I'm just miffed they signed it ect
Brett
Premium Member

16th Jan 13 at 15:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you did leave a deposit and they will've had your details as a result

[Edited on 16-01-2013 by Brett]
SXI - Matt

16th Jan 13 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah as mentioned at the start I left a deposit however they only took my card number no other details so it wouldn't be from that.

I've just been to vauxhall to look at one and just mentioned this situation and they said it isn't uncommon to send it off on behalf of the customer regardless if they sign. So that cleared up guess they haven't done any think wrong really so I'm no that pissed now was more the principal they'd done it
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
16th Jan 13 at 19:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never know it, must be a lot of log books arriving with people who don't want them.
daymoon
Premium Member

16th Jan 13 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get keys with ID's and log book..

Just saying...
richardworrall
Premium Member

16th Jan 13 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We tax loads of cars without the customer signature on the log book. It allows us to have thetax ready for when they collect the car. Just sign them as anything as the dvla have no way of knowing if its genuine.
Gaz

16th Jan 13 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so the car, in the DVLA's eye's is legally in your name...
The garage have taken a 'payment' for the car.

I don't see why you don't just go back there and take the thing... when they don't give you the key's you ring the police and prove the car is in your name (providing the car is t&t'd)?

Or logbook loan the car and tell them the car is held at a 'friends' forecourt.
tobyc20xe

16th Jan 13 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id go get some keys cut and go get the car, it's now yours right? So what can they do?
SXI - Matt

16th Jan 13 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not mine at all the log book doesn't mean I'm the legal owner it means I'm legally held responsible for taxing and insuring the car.

SXI - Matt

16th Jan 13 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richardworrall
We tax loads of cars without the customer signature on the log book. It allows us to have the tax ready for when they collect the car. Just sign them as anything as the dvla have no way of knowing if its genuine.

This is what they have done now I understand that all they were doing was insuring that if I decided to buy it I could drive it away there and then as they had taxed it ready, so on the flip side it would of been helping me out had I bought it.

So the log book & my complaint for the compensation of the travel are going in the post in the morning to get this situation resolved as quickly and easyily as possible. In fairness it's now be de valued some what as I'm the 3rd owner since new meaning the next person who actually buys it will be the 4th owner of a 3 year old car
tobyc20xe

16th Jan 13 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXI - Matt
Its not mine at all the log book doesn't mean I'm the legal owner it means I'm legally held responsible for taxing and insuring the car.

Send it back to the DVLA with a letter telling them you have no idea why you have seen sent it
Gary
Premium Member

16th Jan 13 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go be a clever cunt with the garage. They'll have a job on getting the logbook out of your name if you wanna be a cunt
richardworrall
Premium Member

16th Jan 13 at 22:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

send it recorded so theres a signature if they say its gone missing.
SXI - Matt

16th Jan 13 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well they have said in a round about way I'm not getting my deposit back (£100) until they relieve the log book back, might ring tomorrow and try and negotiate some more money out of them. They have said they'll pay back the money for my train fare, but haven't ask about the days wages I lost out on may try and see if they'll compensate that. Surely there's away they can reclaim the log book if I held on to it, not that it's worth loosing £100 for though
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

16th Jan 13 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope they apply for a new one an you'll get a letter asking if they are the registered keeper
SXI - Matt

17th Jan 13 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worth a shot then, sure they'll meet me some were with it

[Edited on 17-01-2013 by SXI - Matt]
whitter45

17th Jan 13 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt send it back until your get your money back

Get them to bank transfer the money plus loss of wages and then send it back job done

You havent lost anything and you can get on with lookign for the car you want
kennySRi

17th Jan 13 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would just give it back and get your deposit back tbh, no gains in trying to be clever with a logbook that is useless to you.
Gary
Premium Member

17th Jan 13 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be wanting 1st class on the train also. And a limo from station to garage. Plus days wages, plus deposit back plus a reacharound.
Christopher

17th Jan 13 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
I'd be wanting 1st class on the train also. And a limo from station to garage. Plus days wages, plus deposit back plus a reacharound.

...and a snickers?
SXI - Matt

17th Jan 13 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi
I would just give it back and get your deposit back tbh, no gains in trying to be clever with a logbook that is useless to you.

I don't plan on keeping it as stated before, however I will be wanting compensation for the train fare and the days wage lost due to them lieing to me about the car

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Log book help 22 database queries in 0.0161269 seconds