corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Crashday

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Crashday
Generation

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 13 at 01:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're*
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Feb 13 at 01:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JaffaTB
she didn't even think about making a claim it was them that contacted her

Of course, they also stand to make a grand to earn her a grand, absolute leeches. Their fee accompanies the injury claim.
mattk

2nd Feb 13 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bumped an old couple in a corsa d a few years ago.

I offered to pay for the damage and thats what I ended up doing. Cost me 180 quid in the end

they didnt get why I wanted to pay, they instantly thought I was uninsured, I turned up with their cash and my re newal for 1800 quid to show them why I wanted to avoid the insurance
Tommy L

12th Feb 13 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pains in neck, left arm, shoulder, thigh and lower back with a total of 4 days off of work all froman accident at 20 mph silly cunt.

Accident date on the claim form says 4th Jan. don't think the accident happened then
Ben G

12th Feb 13 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine happened at around the same speed as that and i'm still suffering with back problems 2 years later.

if she wasn't braced for the impact, then the body will get injured.

the first question i was asked by the doctor was whether i knew i was going to get hit or not. I found it funny and asked why, and he explained it all.

i don't know for sure whether this particular person is taking the piss or not, but calling someone a silly cunt because they were potentially injured by an accident you caused is a bit naive.
LeeM

12th Feb 13 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a bit of a dodgy neck from a bump last year that happened at around 5mph isn. very slow but it jarred my neck and now if i turn my head fully right quickly it twinges.
3CorsaMeal

12th Feb 13 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would phone the police and report her for fraud. Then go to the newspaper and make an example. Needs to start somewhere. Its getting stupid. Cars are safer, bigger and more crash friendly now and more people seem to suffer injuries. Boils my piss.
Jambo

12th Feb 13 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would never not go through insurance.

Dodgy as fuck and no legal leg to stand on.
Tommy L

12th Feb 13 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh it wasn't even 20 mph as i'd almost come to a stop. Whiplash from that? I'm not having that. She was out the car moving around stretching into the car and when I asked she said she was absolutely fine and said she was glad no one was injured...injuries claims direct have been on the phone to her and said we can get you thousands in compo.

I don't doubt injuries do happen and not everyone is just making a claim for compo. But it's ppl like her that are just scum.
Tommy L

12th Feb 13 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"I'm a little shaken and the car is easily fixable. I'm inclined to think any accident no matter how big or small that you can walk away from is a good accident if that makes sense, thank you for asking "

From the email I received that day. Just a bit of joke
LeeM

12th Feb 13 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L
Tbh it wasn't even 20 mph as i'd almost come to a stop. Whiplash from that? I'm not having that. She was out the car moving around stretching into the car and when I asked she said she was absolutely fine and said she was glad no one was injured...injuries claims direct have been on the phone to her and said we can get you thousands in compo.

I don't doubt injuries do happen and not everyone is just making a claim for compo. But it's ppl like her that are just scum.

you know whiplash isnt apparent immediately? not everyone is on the blag all the time. difficult to tell though nowadays i agree
Tommy L

12th Feb 13 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe not with adrenaline etc..

Maybe I'm just being cynical, as I know everyone isn't on the blag but like you say it isn't easy to tell these days.
Nath

12th Feb 13 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

££££
Tommy L

12th Feb 13 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks nath
LeeM

12th Feb 13 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still worth forwarding emails from her. unless you can provide an alibi to prove you werent there on the 4th and just deny all knowledge
Ben G

12th Feb 13 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tom's been reading too many daily mail articles.
Nath

12th Feb 13 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L
Thanks nath

I was in a taxi that got bumped into at about 5mph and I had phone calls from claims companies for weeks. I didn't even ask. The taxi driver wanted my mobile number as a witness, and next thing I'm apparently dying and can claim thousands. Such a scam it's unreal.
John

12th Feb 13 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone is on the blag.

Whiplash would be cut by 99% if claims were stopped tomorrow.
Tommy L

12th Feb 13 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
tom's been reading too many daily mail articles.
i don't read
Tommy L

12th Feb 13 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
still worth forwarding emails from her. unless you can provide an alibi to prove you werent there on the 4th and just deny all knowledge
thing is didnt happen on 4th it was just under 2 weeks ago it's just an admin error from the solicitors. I'm just being pedantic.

I'll certainly be keeping emails as some of things on her claim are not true. She said her vehicle was stationary in a queue of traffic, when it wasn't, as she suddenly braked when the traffic in front of her did. I had a passenger in the car that can back that up.

[Edited on 12-02-2013 by Tommy L]
John

12th Feb 13 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think in car passengers count for much when they are claiming against you.
Tommy L

12th Feb 13 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure they don't count for anything. But saying your stationary when it was slow moving traffic? Suppose that makes it sound like the shunt was harder than it actually was.
John

12th Feb 13 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't even know if anyone bothers checking. Brother has a whiplash claim against him because him and another car glanced mirrors, literally, no shunt, sudden stop, anything.

Insurance never have anything to add, it's still ongoing about 18 months later.
LeeM

12th Feb 13 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I don't think in car passengers count for much when they are claiming against you.

they can be used in court. third party insurer will dismiss it but a court will still consider it.
pow
Premium Member

12th Feb 13 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You haven't got a leg to stand on I'm afraid, she'll get money out of you and it won't go to court. Grin and bare it, when its over send her an email telling her that she should expect a call from your private solicitor about making a fraudulent claim. Currently in the process of this with my missus mum helping me out.

[Edited on 12-02-2013 by pow]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Crashday 22 database queries in 0.0160310 seconds