corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance = cunts

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance = cunts
Andrew

User status: Offline
6th Feb 13 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by S@M
£900 is expensive at your age Andrew what are u driving a veyron or something! Or is it the area?

1.6 59 plate Peugeot 308 Sport registered in January 2010. There's 9 years NCB on that too. Area is not great but as i've said in other threads, my cars have never been touched. I might have a none fault claim against me when my company car got reversed into. Wasn't sure i needed to declare that as the car technically wasn't mine and NCBs was going on another car Declared that on the 06 plate Astra though which is a bit cheaper on the premium. Probably because it's value is less and has less power.

[Edited on 06-02-2013 by Andrew]
JaffaTB

6th Feb 13 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my renewal was £768 with admiral, (up from about 550) i went on comparethemarket and got a quote from elephant for 449, rang admiral to cancel and they said that elephant was a sister company so they could match it, nice quick saving
VINCEYBOY

6th Feb 13 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Insurance is a fucking joke anyway, If i want to have a roll cage in my 1.2 8v corsa it's cheaper to insure a v8 beamer. How can they possibly justify that?!
Nic Barnes

6th Feb 13 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VINCEYBOY
Insurance is a fucking joke anyway, If i want to have a roll cage in my 1.2 8v corsa it's cheaper to insure a v8 beamer. How can they possibly justify that?!
biggest rise in premium for my corsa was roll cage and carbon bonnet. They didn't seem to bothered about the other stuff.
dannymccann

7th Feb 13 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going against the grain here, I don't exactly enjoy paying for insurance but mine goes down each year, on both the car and bike?

24, 7NCB, Mrs on policy, FC, driveway, decent postcode, £330 for the Disastra and £120 for my GSXF600
Steve
Premium Member

7th Feb 13 at 08:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine goes down too, but it was the fact i could get it cheaper again by being a new customer
AndyCorsaSport

7th Feb 13 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JaffaTB
my renewal was £768 with admiral, (up from about 550) i went on comparethemarket and got a quote from elephant for 449, rang admiral to cancel and they said that elephant was a sister company so they could match it, nice quick saving

Girlfriend had the same on the megane she's just renewed it. Admiral sent renewal, elephant quoted cheaper. Told admiral, they said it was sister company but couldn't match it :s
Simon_16v

7th Feb 13 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Admiral wanted £900 for my Leon, on their site I managed £600

Also on a Corsa VXR with Admiral when I don't put a reg in it comes back at £394 but if I use the reg off a 62 plate VXR it goes up to £622?
mattk

7th Feb 13 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive changed my punto insurance to an audi s8 and it went up £120

its a fucking gamble insurance
noshua

7th Feb 13 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
Ive changed my punto insurance to an audi s8 and it went up £120

its a fucking gamble insurance

I went from a 1.4 Corsa (89 bhp) to a 1.9 GT TDI (150 bhp) Golf and it was £200 more
Nic Barnes

8th Feb 13 at 01:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My BMW is 5 years newer than the vectra gsi I had previously. Both saloon cars. BMW the more powerful, and valued at 2.5x what the vectra was. It cost £8 less to insure even after I'd paid the admin charges compared to the vectra.
chrex

8th Feb 13 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been with Brentacre for years, currently paybing about £800 for DC5 but i'm 25 this year and will have my 5th year of NCB so going to be shopping about to get it down. Want it below £500 tbh, its gotta be possible!

[Edited on 08-02-2013 by chrex]
red_elmo

8th Feb 13 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your bets bet is to shop around first then, once you get a better quote right urs up and see it they can match it. thats what i do very time and seen to match it lol
Corsa_Sport21

8th Feb 13 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went from a 1.8 Astra Coupe to a 1.2 Punto Active Sport. Tried charging me about £200 more. Based on the fact it was a newer car

Also, started a new policy for the 1.4 MG ZR i had. Was less than £500 F/C. 28, 0 NCB. Sold it and got a 2.2 Vti Prelude. Online quotes were saying the company im with would be wanting about £1k. Called them up to see what it actually would be as its always different over the phone. Wen't up £25 spread over the year, and that was the admin charge.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance = cunts 22 database queries in 0.0089822 seconds