corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend thread sponsored by Black managers

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekend thread sponsored by Black managers
Ben J

User status: Offline
23rd Feb 13 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
How come when henry left and left you high and dry to arguably a club that was a rival for you in Europe you consider him a legend yet rvp goes and he's a cunt?

If you can't see the difference then you don't understand football.
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Feb 13 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Let's assume I don't know football, explain the difference
Ben J

23rd Feb 13 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't need to assume Steve.

Can't be arsed typing out the reasons on my iPad tbh. If you want them you'll have to wait till I'm home.

[Edited on 23-02-2013 by Ben J]
Nath

23rd Feb 13 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Feb 13 at 23:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok maybe you can explain why it's different and before you say it's because rvp went to the rival team in the pl think about it for a moment
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Feb 13 at 23:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm finding it hard to work out why henry is a legend and rvp is a cunt.

Both served 8 years at arsenal and both left, money aside, because they saw more ambition at other clubs.

You can't even say rvp is a cunt because he went to a rival side, Barcelona was very much a rival side, in terms of Europe, at a time when arsenal were competing at top level in Europe only reaching the cl final the year before henry left.
Russ

23rd Feb 13 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Feb 13 at 23:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok m8
Tommy L

24th Feb 13 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably one reason is he's arsenals all time top scorer.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Feb 13 at 10:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly. Henry should be considered a club legend. But so should rvp, if not a legend at least held in high praise, he was their top scorer last season and a loyal player for 8 years. But the fans pick and choose who to consider a legend because it suits their agenda which is fuelled by bitterness. There is no viable reason why rvp should be hated and henry put on a pedestal

Either hate them both or praise them both, both players left under near identical circumstances with near identical career lengths to better sides that were rivals in different competitions at the time, there is no reason good enough to warrant such a divide other than petty jealousy

[Edited on 24-02-2013 by Steve]
Marc

24th Feb 13 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stcheven, are you seriously saying moving from Arsenal to Barcelona is the same as moving from Arsenal to United?
Steve
Premium Member

24th Feb 13 at 11:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes. Unless you don't consider barcelona rivals in the cl? Some would consider that prize equal if not greater than the prem.

In fact barca were more of a rival to arsenal In terms of what they were realistically competing for at the time than united are with arsenal at the moment.

As said arsenal were in a cl final the year before so were up there to win it. He moved to the very team that knocked them out! How can you argue that rvp motives were "screw you guys I'm moving somewhere where they win things" and Henry's weren't? They aren't in that situation with the prem league at the moment with united.

JonnyJ

24th Feb 13 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS Steve, I love how you are trying to make everything black and white here and yet when it comes to paedophillia, you prefer a more blurred line, ridiculous.

I think its pretty clear what the differences are;

Henry had hit his peak at Arsenal, he left at 30 years old and was starting his decline. He had led the club to fantastic successes, including 2 premier league titles (one a never before seen unbeaten season), 3 FA Cups and a CL Final. He also became Arsenal's all time leading scorer. When he left, it was with Arsenal's best wishes, they knew they had got the most out of him and he had been a fantastic servant for the club, not only that but he left for a different league and challenge, something at 30 years old, most people can appreciate. He didnt engineer a way out of the club, although Arsenal would have probably liked to keep hold of him until he retired, at his age, and the offer they had on the table (£20 odd million) if was probably in both the clubs and players best interest.

RVP left the club during what is his peak in his career, having won nothing. He had a injury hit career, through which the club stuck by him. He left when the club wanted to keep him after having one of very few injury hit seasons, not only that he left to join a club in the same division.

The difference is obvious.

Reverse the situation and put Utd in Arsenal's position and vice versa. If Rooney left at the end of last season to Arsenal, having had a great season, you are not telling me you would view him an a "club legend" still but if Giggs left for Barca, then thats different.
Marc

24th Feb 13 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is also the old bread and butter of both teams play in the same league. RVP potentially preventing Arsenal from winning the League, FA Cup & League Cup.

The odds of Henry facing Arsenal were so slim where as RVP will play Arsenal at least twice and potentially 6 times. Assuming its Semi Finals.

So RVP can prevent Arsenal winning the League, FA Cup and League Cup.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Feb 13 at 11:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look dont get me wrong, im sure there are situations where it may be a bit more contentious, eg moving to spurs, or even if they were competing with united for top spot. But neither of those are so.

Facts remain that he played for arsenal for 8 years. Henry happened to be a couple of years older so what? I would say Henry was at the peak when he left otherwise why on earth would barca want an aging old declining fool?

You cant blame RVP also for the fact Wenger cant manage a piss up in a brewery when it comes to contracts.

Besides non of those facts really suggest why one player is knighted yet the other player they wish were dead everytime hes stumbles.

To me they are treating RVP as a scapegoat for blame for their recent demise in form.

JonnyJ

24th Feb 13 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course he was declining

If he was still getting better then why did he only play 80 games in 3 years? I bet a lot of them were sub appearances too. He was signed as he would bring in good sponsorship and shirt revenue as well as been a useful squad player.

Arsenal got rid at just the right time.
Marc

24th Feb 13 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
To me they are treating RVP as a scapegoat for blame for their recent demise in form.

We all took the piss saying RVP was carrying Arsenal. He comes to United and although he doesn't carry us have you not seen the table had he not scored his 19 goals?
Steve
Premium Member

24th Feb 13 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes iv seen those ridiculous stats, United would not be 9th if RVP wasnt there. It doesnt work like that, a lot of the goals we would have found elsewhere. Perhaps not so far ahead, but United would have been top or second without RVP i would put any amount of money on it, either way well out of reach of any spot Arsenal would be competing for.

I dont find it just coincidence that Henry moved to the very club that knocked them out the CL final the following year either.

Its nice and rosie for the fans to think there were other nicey nice reasons, but im more cynical than that

Marc

24th Feb 13 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll give you that, there were rumours he was moving to Barca after the CL defeat. But he stayed another season.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Feb 13 at 11:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyway, you can see my point, i merely think the arsenal fans should be a bit more open minded about potentially hypocrital selective hate

Marc

24th Feb 13 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, this is the point we all disagree with you on
Steve
Premium Member

24th Feb 13 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I expected better of you, you fucking jew
Nath

24th Feb 13 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Troll off Steve.
Tommy L

24th Feb 13 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I expected better of you, you fucking jew
Marc

24th Feb 13 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hell of a keeper.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend thread sponsored by Black managers 23 database queries in 0.0131190 seconds