corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1.9 CDTI engines.../ 525i Beemer

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.9 CDTI engines.../ 525i Beemer
CORSA NUT

User status: Offline
4th Mar 13 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the 530 is around £150 and the 525/528 is about £120 for 6 months

I am talking about the older cars circa year 2000 for about 2k
John

4th Mar 13 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's the right date they'll all be the same price. Around 2001 it's different.
CORSA NUT

4th Mar 13 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah sorry John just rechecked your right man

Gonna put the VRS up for sale when I'm off next bank holiday.
pow
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just get a 528i Sport with all the M stuff on it and stick some facelift front lights on it. Plus it'll be pre rape tax (X or before) so only £220 for the year.

I will be buying the missus dad's for a steal when he sells it

[Edited on 04-03-2013 by pow]
CORSA NUT

4th Mar 13 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does he want to sell it now??

That's a good idea mate I think I'll look to do that.
pow
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 22:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's mine when it does sell it
Ben G

4th Mar 13 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a guy in work with one the double of this, albeit with a tailpipe on both sides, and it looks fantastic.

pow
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same colour/wheels as Laurens Dad's - it's 'just' a 5 series but there is something nice about them... understated
daymoon
Premium Member

4th Mar 13 at 22:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get Facelift's on X plate - cheaper tax.
davcohen

5th Mar 13 at 02:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

525 Is way underpowered for that size/ weight of vehicle
CORSA NUT

5th Mar 13 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
theres a guy in work with one the double of this, albeit with a tailpipe on both sides, and it looks fantastic.

That's the shape and colour that I want!

Really like this

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=151001944769&kw=151001944769

But meant to be downgrading not upgrading
CORSA NUT

5th Mar 13 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
It's mine when it does sell it

I really need to find a well looked after one by the sounds of it. Ideally one that's had all the cooling problems sorted and a few quid spent on it.
pow
Premium Member

5th Mar 13 at 08:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What cooling issues? Too much internet in here, he's done 160k with no cooling issues.
Whittie

5th Mar 13 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
quote:
Originally posted by pow
Try and get a manual, the fuel consumption is sooo much better. Missu Dad gets 30's out of his manual 528 all day long

He must drive like an ultimate grandad? I get 33-35 in a 318 saloon.

Nah he's an ex fire fighter, drives sensibly but knows how to drive the car. Round town he's always around 30, when we went up to the lakes he was getting 42 out of it. We were convoying along about 80-85 most of the way. Done 160k too.

Mental! I drove a 330ci to Glasgow and got 35mpg driving like the ultimate grandad. Fair play, would have thought it was a lot heavier and heavier on fuel.
j10E W

5th Mar 13 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A sport e39 is one of bmws best efforts imo
Such a good looking car.
And very well put together
CORSA NUT

5th Mar 13 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
What cooling issues? Too much internet in here, he's done 160k with no cooling issues.

From what I've read a lot have had to have new rads and thermostats etc and it fucks the MPG up royally when it's not working right. Lots I've seen for sale have at least had a new rad.

My old 325i overheated and cracked the block due to the cooling system being buggered.
CORSA NUT

5th Mar 13 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Give the VRS a good going over ready to do a sale ad. Gonna have it on Briskoda first to try and avoid the clowns for as long as I can

Once it's gone I can search properly..

Finally got around to fitting my new badges although I need glue for the VRS grill badge
pow
Premium Member

5th Mar 13 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
quote:
Originally posted by pow

From what I've read a lot have had to have new rads and thermostats etc and it fucks the MPG up royally when it's not working right. Lots I've seen for sale have at least had a new rad.

My old 325i overheated and cracked the block due to the cooling system being buggered.

Those 2.8s are a cunt to bleed as well lol
CORSA NUT

5th Mar 13 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
quote:
Originally posted by pow

Those 2.8s are a cunt to bleed as well lol

Tell me about it! The Indy garage I used at the time even give up on it! Still remember the day I looked down and seen the red light on for the coolant temp loved that car!

[Edited on 05-03-2013 by CORSA NUT]
pow
Premium Member

6th Mar 13 at 08:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took me and two mates over 3 hours to get his E36 328 bled once. Ended up getting the nose right up in the air on two jacks and that seemed to do it.

But back on topic his 528 warms up and sits at half the gauge all the time, it's amazing a W plate car with 160k is so problem free!

[Edited on 06-03-2013 by pow]
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

6th Mar 13 at 08:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

528 autos are SHITE on fuel btw. They spend most of their time with the torque converter unlocked which is essentially like slipping the clutch so around town it was quite easy to keep my brother's around the 13 mpg mark.

Also if you buy a 528 you don't want a nikasil lined block, have a look on Google and you'll find out how to tell the difference, my brother's had the block replaced at around 80k by the previous owner but at that point they were still replacing them with new nikasil blocks so at around 155k, it went again, replaced the engine which turned out to be nikasil again then within months, same issue so now it's on it's 4th block and he's just managed to flog it before it causes him anymore hassle. His autobox also went and cost him a grand to have the forward drive rebuilt although that was down to a leak that he didn't address, box ran dry and burnt out.
pow
Premium Member

6th Mar 13 at 09:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is why you want a manual
Corsa_Sport21

6th Mar 13 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
528 autos are SHITE on fuel btw. They spend most of their time with the torque converter unlocked which is essentially like slipping the clutch so around town it was quite easy to keep my brother's around the 13 mpg mark.

Also if you buy a 528 you don't want a nikasil lined block, have a look on Google and you'll find out how to tell the difference, my brother's had the block replaced at around 80k by the previous owner but at that point they were still replacing them with new nikasil blocks so at around 155k, it went again, replaced the engine which turned out to be nikasil again then within months, same issue so now it's on it's 4th block and he's just managed to flog it before it causes him anymore hassle. His autobox also went and cost him a grand to have the forward drive rebuilt although that was down to a leak that he didn't address, box ran dry and burnt out.

IIRC it was 1999 when they changed the blocks/liners. Alot of the cars from back in the day are still going strong to this day with the Nikasil liners so i wouldn't knock back a car still on its original block.
Ian W

6th Mar 13 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The BM's look quality but your mpg is going to be awful around town
CORSA NUT

6th Mar 13 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I'm looking at the wrong motor here ;(

Seen a local facelift VTR in black for £900 so might just buy that to wrag around in and save up for something better.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1.9 CDTI engines.../ 525i Beemer 22 database queries in 0.0146692 seconds