corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » lane hogging

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author lane hogging
daymoon
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Mar 13 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bonney
quote:
Originally posted by daymoon
What pisses me off is when I am on M62 where there are average speed cameras. Do 55 MPH indicated, cruise control on.. People tail gate me if I am in outside lane(over taking traffic), As soon as there is a gap I let them get past.... Only to get stuck behind them doing 50mph a minute later.

That stretch of road amazes me with them cameras on.

You get people who fly along then slow down for the camera, pass the camera then speed up again! What is the point of it!

Do they not realise it is AVERAGE speed not what speed you do as you hit the camera?!

yup.. seen that too. Also I am wondering, what if you do one strech at 60mph, and rest averages out 50.. will you still get done as you done one stretch at average of 60?
CorsAsh

11th Mar 13 at 06:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was a thread on PH about Specs. They don't necessarily track you at every camera... if there is a stretch with five cameras for example, they might measure your speed at 1, 3 and 5, just 3 to 5 or any possible combination like that. So if you speed in the measured zone but nowhere else in that stretch you can still be done.
AK

11th Mar 13 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pain in the ass, and really boils my blood when we have the trailer hitched up.

3 lanes and you get some fuckin retard in the middle lane doing 50 up a hill. Your trying to keep a bit of momentum going but cant undertake or use the outside lane!

Worst case was on the M6... flashing and beeping the horn about 1m behind some fucktard. Folk in the back looking straight at us... us telling them to move the fuck over. Nope, stayed in the middle lane. Eventually overtook and cut them up getting back to the inside lane.

Grrararararar
pow
Premium Member

11th Mar 13 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just undertake. It's acutally not illegal if you're not dangering anyone and you don't MOVE into that lane to undertake.
Jambo

11th Mar 13 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Boils my blood too. Like to be able to just ram them out the way
whitter45

11th Mar 13 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Just undertake. It's acutally not illegal if you're not dangering anyone and you don't MOVE into that lane to undertake.

slightly inaccurate as you need to prove congestion

Do not overtake on the left or move to a lane on your left to overtake. In congested conditions, where adjacent lanes of traffic are moving at similar speeds, traffic in left-hand lanes may sometimes be moving faster than traffic to the right. In these conditions you may keep up with the traffic in your lane even if this means passing traffic in the lane to your right. Do not weave in and out of lanes to overtake

[Edited on 11-03-2013 by whitter45]

[Edited on 11-03-2013 by whitter45]
Ben G

11th Mar 13 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Undertook some complete cunt in a focus doing about 60mph in the middle lane today.

I was sitting in the inside lane doing 65mph (cruise control) and there was an insignia in the outside lane.

Like fuck am I going to slow down, turn cc off and change lanes 4 times just because one knob doesn't understand lanes.
3CorsaMeal

11th Mar 13 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm setting up a youtube channel ready for when i get my in car camera, joining the police witness scheme. Fcuking wicked!
3CorsaMeal

11th Mar 13 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://policewitness.com/
Corsa_Sport21

11th Mar 13 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet in most cases though, a lane hogger in say lane 2 or 3, would get fuked by the coppers before a faster approaching driver in lane 1 would, if they had to undertake on the inside lane.
big eck

11th Mar 13 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste
Clearly foreign. Thinks he's in the correct lane as there's no other traffic then once flashed see how he indicates right then realises it's the central reservation and goes left.

That doesn't make any kind of sense tho. Surely the driver must know which side of the road he drove on before he joined the motor way lol.
Jambo

11th Mar 13 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should get points on their license for that.

Sick of this mentality that if you drive slow you are fucking invincible to accidents no matter the grandeur of your stupidity and inept control of an automobile.
sc0ott

12th Mar 13 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had this on the way back from work tonight. Black ep3 being driven by some specky blonde hair girl. Slow lane was clear for miles yet continued to do 70/80 in the fast lane. Proper cow.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » lane hogging 22 database queries in 0.0088160 seconds