corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How many bikers are on here?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How many bikers are on here?
J100RSA

User status: Offline
17th Mar 13 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've done a couple of track days also done Ron Haslam race school at silverstone
Bonney

18th Mar 13 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
Currently looking for a nice SV650s as I wanted something a bit less aggressive and bit more comfortable then a full on sports bike.

I ride all year around, can't be a proper biker and not do the winters

[Edited on 17-03-2013 by Sunz]

Got a mate who is selling one in yellow
S@M

18th Mar 13 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What was Ron Haslem school like mate, looks a good package to get some pointers for track day goers. I think I would have preferred it at donning ton though were it used to be. Silverstone looks to be a very fast track on bike
jimmy 2.1

18th Mar 13 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its back at Donington now I think?
taylorboosh

18th Mar 13 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
So yea I have a rs125 now while im doing my test, going to do a course june/july time then get a 400 to refurb over winter.
Heres two pics of how it stands, awaiting a new new starter bendix hense both pics from the one side. Bike is 10x the bike it was when i got it. Still to do are wheel refurb and graphics but they can wait.

I deffo need a new lid mine is a 7 year old cheap nitro piece of shit, I also need full leathers for my trackday in may, or atleast full zip around ones. Its at raf waddington if anyones going? need a sponsor like but its only £55 for the day. Never been on track so any tips I am greatful for.

Thanks

AlexW

18th Mar 13 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anybody over 16 having L plates is just gay.

Surprised you can do a track day on L's
S@M

18th Mar 13 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought you needed full licence as you have to produce it when signing on, obviously don't?
taylorboosh

18th Mar 13 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hes asked and its fine. Hes licenced to ride the bike hes on.
taylorboosh

18th Mar 13 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.airfieldridingday.co.uk/
Sunz

18th Mar 13 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlexW
You've been looking at the wrong ones, A Curvy (like mine) should be able to be picked up for between £800 and £1200.

Later K3> pointy's might be a little more, but they are a better bike.

Rear shocks suck, lots of gixxer shocks will fit without too much hassle, plus CBR/Ninja etc, whatever you can find normally.

Front forks are a bit pants too, but use decent oil, decrease the air gap and fit spacer washers.

SV's are great first bikes, I had mine 3 days before I was out down burnham bends dragging the pegs, so forgiving.

Thanks for the information.

I used to like the older sv's, the curvy ones like what you have but now I really prefer the styling of the 03 Sv650"S" with the semi faring so the frame work is on show and also the aggressive styling to the read lights.
I hope for £2000 I can get an 2004/05/06 model with not too many miles on the clock.

I would maybe look in to a fork upgrade as the front brakes aren't too great I hear on the sv's, basically 2x 2 pot calipers but all depends how much I enjoy the bike and feel like keeping it for a few years when I do get one.

I think I will do a few beginner track days on it at Brands Hatch.
jaysc20xe

18th Mar 13 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dan i think you should post a picture of that other thing you are building. its like a bike
AlexW

18th Mar 13 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz

I used to like the older sv's, the curvy ones like what you have but now I really prefer the styling of the 03 Sv650"S" with the semi faring so the frame work is on show and also the aggressive styling to the read lights.
I hope for £2000 I can get an 2004/05/06 model with not too many miles on the clock.

I would maybe look in to a fork upgrade as the front brakes aren't too great I hear on the sv's, basically 2x 2 pot calipers but all depends how much I enjoy the bike and feel like keeping it for a few years when I do get one.

Mileage isn't a worry for SV's, Mine has done 40k now and its still awesome.

If you plan to keep the bike for years, Gixxer front end isn't a bad idea, but IMO don't bother, You'll get bored of the rest of the bike, and want a GSXR.

Brakes are fine if they are serviced, I did new seals, discs, pads, braided hoses and some decent fluid and they withstood my abuse, had great feel and would lock if you were a dick with the lever. Shorty levers is a good idea, Cheap Chinese ones are perfectly fine.
Daimo B

18th Mar 13 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I liked my curvy.
Pointys are injected, curvy is carbed. Nothing wrong with either bike, but being Suzuki, bolts and cosmetics fur over very quickly.
Brakes are fine, esp for a new rider. As above has said, they just need maintaining with new seals and cleanup of caliper pistons.

Join SV650.org. I dont use it any more, but if you want ANYTHING SV650 related, there really is no better forum about.

GSXR Forks/Brake setup is popular conversion, and I love SV's, but its a 1-2 year entry bike, its far easier to sell and just upgrade bikes.

Always wanted a 700cc kit, much more thump (sounds morelike a TL1000), and around 90bhp. But again, was never worth doing.

And get those awful tyres off that RS125! Put some decent rubber on it.
Daimo B

18th Mar 13 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, some of the old mans collection.

6 cylinder, forks are tiny, doesn't handle well, but the engine is utterly fantastic. Ridden a lot of modern bikes, but nothing gets close to the smoothness of this engine. Brakes are terrible.

Honda CBX1000

Kwak 900. Rides nice, but on those original tyres handling is scary.

You can buy both if you want, £20,000

Only 150 made of these, £25k new, only about 140 left. All carbon fibre/magnesium/titanium. New carbon fuel tank, thats £4k. And he takes it on track, kudos!!!!!

Hes got a few more, but he doesn't smoke, doesn't drink, doesn't buy designer clothes, he buys bikes
J100RSA

18th Mar 13 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jaysc20xe
dan i think you should post a picture of that other thing you are building. its like a bike

Jay shhhhhhhhhh
J100RSA

18th Mar 13 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by S@M
What was Ron Haslem school like mate, looks a good package to get some pointers for track day goers. I think I would have preferred it at donning ton though were it used to be. Silverstone looks to be a very fast track on bike

I really enjoyed it only rode the 600 but the instructor still reconed we were pulling 155 down hanger strait would deffo do it again
taylorboosh

18th Mar 13 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Recomend some tyres to use for a decent price, hes wanting the wheels refurbed anyway.

Also hes double checked about the track day and they say they need to check their insurance ...
J100RSA

18th Mar 13 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to run Pirelli dragon super corsas on my 600 got so sticky but the rear only lasted 600 miles on the road
jimmy 2.1

18th Mar 13 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They don't do supercorsas in a 150 size.

Tell John to keep an eye out for a set of 'scrubs' from a Superteen racer or for a set of Dunlop D209GP's. I think what they fit are the sizes of front 110/50 and the rear 150/60?
taylorboosh

19th Mar 13 at 06:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will get him to check, i know he wants the old style 3 spoke wheels
Bonney

19th Mar 13 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

May have another one at the end of the day, with a bit of luck!
taylorboosh

19th Mar 13 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John,

Here is where we stand. We will honour your booking. Track days usually require a full D/L or ACU licence. We have not stipulated that on our website to date so we will honour your booking not withstanding that you will be restricted to the Novice Group.

I do not percieve this will affect your day in any negative way and I hope this answer is to your satisfaction.

Kind regards,

The ARD Team

John d just recieved this, seems like he is allowed but they will most likely change the site.
ianofbhills

19th Mar 13 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A pic of mine from last year. Havnt had the time to get out on track with it this year yet.
taylorboosh

19th Mar 13 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

/thread... Best in here imo stunning

[Edited on 19-03-2013 by taylorboosh]
J100RSA

20th Mar 13 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stunning bike!!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How many bikers are on here? 22 database queries in 0.0163870 seconds