corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Annoying Thread Alert - New Car Help - WHAT TO GET

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Annoying Thread Alert - New Car Help - WHAT TO GET
andys sxi
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Mar 13 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah bought a dgs a3 in June was fine, then a week later the dgs box was making a noise took it back to the garage, had a bit of trouble with him and eventually he gave me my money back, with the reply I can't find much wrong with it but ill give you your money back

I'm looking at about an 06 reg, around £6500 to spend, I've seen a silver one that's needs the cambelt doing if the garage will do it ill go and have a look at it but apart from that I can't find anything else, I'm like you can't find anything else that i like

A scirocco is a good shout if I had more money if have one myself

April 08 feature car
SXI - Matt

29th Mar 13 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andys sxi
Yeah bought a dgs a3 in June was fine, then a week later the dgs box was making a noise took it back to the garage, had a bit of trouble with him and eventually he gave me my money back, with the reply I can't find much wrong with it but ill give you your money back

I'm looking at about an 06 reg, around £6500 to spend, I've seen a silver one that's needs the cambelt doing if the garage will do it ill go and have a look at it but apart from that I can't find anything else, I'm like you can't find anything else that i like

A scirocco is a good shout if I had more money if have one myself

Funny I had a very similar conversation and out come to, tbf the garage in a sense were sound were I bought it from, just a shame they didn't want to fix it for me, instead game me my money back.

Just been chatting to my dad and think we are going to take a day out both and go round a load of garages and car supermarkets to get an idea and go from there.

Got a soft spot for the 1 series to see what turns up I guess in my price range
Matt L

29th Mar 13 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXI - Matt
You selling it then? Isn't the cr170 a diesel?

[Edited on 29-03-2013 by SXI - Matt]

if someone offered the right amount yeah, not actively selling it yet though but should be soon, need to work out what to get next myself

yeah the cr170 is the diesel, its the updated engine over the old pd170 that had problems, dsg wise I have never had any issues with mine.
SXI - Matt

29th Mar 13 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any pics of yours? Yeah heard the CR is meant to be a good improvement over the PD
andys sxi
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm finding it hard to trust anyone selling the cars now after having a lucky escape last time, hoping I'm making the right choice Again by getting another one, I've looked and don't really want anything else apart from an a3 s line.

April 08 feature car
SXI - Matt

29th Mar 13 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andys sxi
I'm finding it hard to trust anyone selling the cars now after having a lucky escape last time, hoping I'm making the right choice Again by getting another one, I've looked and don't really want anything else apart from an a3 s line.

I know that feeling, gutting though especially after I wanted one so much, least you can opt to go for a non DSG take it thats what your doing? You after a diesel to?

I know though that if I get one and my friend turns up in his black edition ill regret not getting the black my self so will have to see If i can find a coupe and get it like this I'll be well happy

Matt L

29th Mar 13 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

front end has now had the plate recess and bottom lip wrapped in matt black vinyl.
SXI - Matt

29th Mar 13 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats really nice looking actually only thing and I'm being a pain in the arse with it is the interior. I find them really bland and boring :-/ there very flat and plain the dash ect
andys sxi
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 18:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah looking at a manual diesel, the 1 series coupe looks nice

April 08 feature car
daymoon
Premium Member

29th Mar 13 at 18:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Not a massive fan of the 5 series bit to big for me and the 3.0l would be more juicy then I'd want trying to get decent mpg ect and decent power. 40MPG and 150bhp+ I' d be happy

you'll get that out of 530d!
SXI - Matt

29th Mar 13 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm only 23 though a 5 series seems a bit to grown up I'd expect my dad to have one and sure people would see me driving one and assume it was 'dads' car
Ben G

29th Mar 13 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1 series coupe looks great! I think I may persuade the missus to join the bmw gang next.
Matt L

29th Mar 13 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you think the leons interior is dull Christ wait till you get in a BMW lol they are by far and away the dullest places in the world to be imo
SXI - Matt

29th Mar 13 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See I actually like the interior of the BMW's all seems to wrap around you and be angled to the driver ect. Guess its all down to every ones own preference. Just been out and seen a really nice 1 series coupe in white looked lovely, red interior the nav screen looks pretty smart but rare I believe to find one with it.

Wanting one more and more now may well go and test drive a 120d coupe Tuesday to make sure I'm happy with in then get hunting

[Edited on 29-03-2013 by SXI - Matt]
big eck

29th Mar 13 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The K1 lookalike on pg1 is stunning.
corsa-sxi

30th Mar 13 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Merc CLC?

[Edited on 30-03-2013 by corsa-sxi]
daymoon
Premium Member

30th Mar 13 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'm only 23 though a 5 series seems a bit to grown up I'd expect my dad to have one and sure people would see me driving one and assume it was 'dads' car

I just bought my second 5 series. Far nicer to drive than 3 series. Oh and I am 22
SXI - Matt

30th Mar 13 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See I personally think a 5 series is to 'old looking' for some one so young. 3 series how ever to me are much nicer and 'cooler' looking

A lady who works for me came in today and she's just picked up a 335d M Sport its stunning even in silver. Rear end looks so much better with the twin pipes to.
jacko198

30th Mar 13 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

E46 330d Msport Coupe 204hp. Re map = 290hp & shit loads of tourque.

Sorted for under 10k
SXI - Matt

30th Mar 13 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

290BHP christ that's impressive
Russ

30th Mar 13 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy matt L's Leon. money well spent.
Corsa_Sport21

30th Mar 13 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jacko198
E46 330d Msport Coupe 204hp. Re map = 290hp & shit loads of tourque.

Sorted for under 10k

No chance will it be anywhere near 290hp with just a map.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

30th Mar 13 at 23:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to be doing enough miles to justify having a diesel?
Eddx14xe

31st Mar 13 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Not a massive fan of the 5 series bit to big for me and the 3.0l would be more juicy then I'd want trying to get decent mpg ect and decent power. 40MPG and 150bhp+ I' d be happy

You say this but my girlfriends dad has a 330D. Remapped to around 280 bhp and 500 ft lbs torque, he still gets 42mpg and can get over 50 on a long run.
andys sxi
Premium Member

31st Mar 13 at 11:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
Going to be doing enough miles to justify having a diesel?

How many miles would you say to justify having a diesel

April 08 feature car

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Annoying Thread Alert - New Car Help - WHAT TO GET 23 database queries in 0.0161180 seconds