corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mike Brewers Trading up

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mike Brewers Trading up
neil h

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 13 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Problem with these shows is, well Wheeler Dealers anyway, Ed China is a multi skilled god that can do anything. Take away his labour time and they have lost a lot of money doing cars up.

Why do people seem to not get the point of wheeler dealers? The bit at the end selling the car is purely because they need to shift them on. It's all about showing what you can get for your money if your prepared to put a bit of effort into it. Most of the jobs done on wheeler dealers aren't beyond the average DIY mechanic.
Haimsey
Premium Member

2nd Apr 13 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MG

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Jay

2nd Apr 13 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by neil h
quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Problem with these shows is, well Wheeler Dealers anyway, Ed China is a multi skilled god that can do anything. Take away his labour time and they have lost a lot of money doing cars up.

Why do people seem to not get the point of wheeler dealers? The bit at the end selling the car is purely because they need to shift them on. It's all about showing what you can get for your money if your prepared to put a bit of effort into it. Most of the jobs done on wheeler dealers aren't beyond the average DIY mechanic.

Most people probably DO get wheeler dealers, its about taking a classic and giving it a new lease of life, rather than making profit. Its still a piss take when so much work goes into a TVR and they only turn £1500 profit, he could of easy pushed for more.
3CorsaMeal

2nd Apr 13 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I traded a b&h for a tamagochi once
Ben G

2nd Apr 13 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quite a boring show tbh. bits that made me happy were:

- indian guy saying ''velly good car'' about the piece of shit alto with fucked rear lights brilliant stereotypical comment that.

- that reg mg looked amazing from the rear

- bet chak's houses toilet stank the morning after that indian food.

- mike sweats like fuck.
p

3rd Apr 13 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quite a boring show tbh. bits that made me happy were:

- indian guy saying ''velly good car'' about the piece of shit alto with fucked rear lights brilliant stereotypical comment that.

- that reg mg looked amazing from the rear

- bet chak's houses toilet stank the morning after that indian food.

- mike sweats like fuck.

What a load of shit that was.

Secretly. he must of hated it out there. By all accounts in India you spend half the time shitting yourself, literally.
SVM 286

4th Apr 13 at 04:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattant
He's opened a showroom in Sheffield called 'Mike Brewer Motors'

http://rubyslippers.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Mike-Brewer-Motors-launch.jpg

Please let this fold in the biggest way possible.
p

24th Apr 13 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone consistently watching? Caught a bit last night, as I'm interested in Japan. But, what a load of shit this show really is. Whoever came up with this idea should be sacked. What also pisses me off is the way he keeps mentioning everything as dollars!!!!!! The end car is a white Lamborghini Countach if anyone cares
Robin
Premium Member

24th Apr 13 at 16:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The problem for me is that he went to India with a certain amount of money ($3k I think) and after his buying and selling, ended up with the Hindustan.

While he was waiting for that to get back to the UK, he bought random other cars with money he didn't seem to have....

I'm not sure the money adds up?
Tomnova16
Premium Member

24th Apr 13 at 16:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought it was a red 930 turbo?

the dollars thing does piss me off but it makes it all relative

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
eckers90

24th Apr 13 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the dollars thing is annoying, whats also highly annoying is experts in every area, in japan last night, he never did anything, all the experts did it all for him!
p

24th Apr 13 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's the deal with all the dollars bullshit, are WD hitting the American market with the show, or have they already?

p

24th Apr 13 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
The problem for me is that he went to India with a certain amount of money ($3k I think) and after his buying and selling, ended up with the Hindustan.

While he was waiting for that to get back to the UK, he bought random other cars with money he didn't seem to have....

I'm not sure the money adds up?

Well I doubt much of the TV show is 'real' so to speak. Like many TV show's, a lot of bullshit that goes on that we don't know about. The people buying the cars are probably actors etc
Corsa_Sport21

24th Apr 13 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
quote:
Originally posted by mattant
He's opened a showroom in Sheffield called 'Mike Brewer Motors'

http://rubyslippers.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Mike-Brewer-Motors-launch.jpg

Please let this fold in the biggest way possible.

Isn't that the same showroom that he used in his old TV show "Auto Trader" from about 8 years ago??
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Apr 13 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sure on the dollars thing tbh, he was even doing it in the UK

I know they did a few WD seasons' in the US - but each time they ported the car back to the UK and sold it there. I can only assume they're trying to crack the US market, but can't see them having much chance against Fast n' Loud tbh

Is it me, or did he pay $600 dollars for a detail in Japan, to watch the detailer painting a scratch with a paintbrush you would use for glossing your skirting boards?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Welsh Dan

24th Apr 13 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the dollars thing not to do more with it being a better currency for international trading? I appreciate its a bit annoying for us Brits, but everywhere trades in dollars.
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Apr 13 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's bought every car so far in local currency, then offers a rough conversion in dollars to the camera...

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Welsh Dan

24th Apr 13 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know that, but I meant that everyone knows the value of their own currency compared to the dollar.
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Apr 13 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, sorry - yeah I guess, I just was under the same impression as everybody else - WD is a UK show exclusively!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Apr 13 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He was talking on Facebook about the dollars thing, something to do with the TV channel stipulating it, presumably so they can sell on the series at a later date.
Chris
Premium Member

24th Apr 13 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and Mike go will back
p

25th Apr 13 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
He was talking on Facebook about the dollars thing, something to do with the TV channel stipulating it, presumably so they can sell on the series at a later date.

Surprise surprise.
Dom

25th Apr 13 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Surprise surprise.

Pretty common for a production company wanting to get a product out to multiple markets, so not sure what the issue is
mwg

25th Apr 13 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This show is bull shit.
Welsh Dan

25th Apr 13 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Obviously. Flights to Japan won't have been cheap, he's not taken any of that into account.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mike Brewers Trading up 23 database queries in 0.0173409 seconds