corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mini Day

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mini Day
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st May 13 at 06:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Special tool is probably some kind of puller, iv got a variety of gear pullers here rfom when i fitted the diff, anyone got a pic of the pulley will be able to tell from that
Nath

1st May 13 at 07:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
3,2,1........Nath

Seany

1st May 13 at 07:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be a pic in my project thread steve of my pulley.
Also no point in getting the jcw as your going to be changing the same things. Ie pulley that made the jcw faster, so why pay a premium for the jcw. I know there is other things that make the jcw faster but still not worth the price they hold over a standard.
Steve
Premium Member

1st May 13 at 07:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a silly argument anyway, may aswell just say, if you want more power buy a ferrari

I dont really want more power anyway, but as its such an easy quick thing to do it may aswell be done

[Edited on 01-05-2013 by Steve]
mwg

1st May 13 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXI - Matt
Surely just buy a JCW if you want more power then tweak the JCW and get even more power.

There's not a proper JCW in that shape, it's a Cooper S that's already had a JCW engine kit fitted at the factory.
mwg

1st May 13 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Its a silly argument anyway, may aswell just say, if you want more power buy a ferrari

I dont really want more power anyway, but as its such an easy quick thing to do it may aswell be done

Should of got a turbo mate, easy powah.
mwg

1st May 13 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I'm gonna get another when I no longer require a boot, probably a convertible.

A Convertible Mini with a bloke driving it won't be gay at all
nathy_87

1st May 13 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never used to be a fan of these mini's until I went in one, think it was the 1.6 Cooper. imo nippy for a 1.6, compared to some that I've been in. I do like that Steve, but not a huge fan of the multi-colour interior, probably would've been better if they matched the blue of seats and s.wheel with the dash. Apart from that it's nice.

Think there is a 'checkmate' by me.
SXI - Matt

1st May 13 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

That's a tad extreme if you could afford a Ferrari you wouldn't be buying a mini...

My point is changing the exhaust and the pulley and the plugs and air box ect will get you pretty much same power as a mini a with the JCW engine upgrade kit, yet will probably end up costing you more. When I had one and looked into doing all those mods it actually worked out about the same to just buy the one with it fitted from the factory plus it was ported I believe plus some other bits sure you guys know more as to what else was actually done
Butler

1st May 13 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who is this Dave F character?
SVM 286

1st May 13 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
My main complaint is they are way too stiff/hard

Indeed, the bumping is incredible. I'd be interested to know how much of it is to do with the run-flat tires.

Incidentally, the interior looks no different/better/worse to me, than any of the others i've driven.
Seany

1st May 13 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXI - Matt
quote:

That's a tad extreme if you could afford a Ferrari you wouldn't be buying a mini...

My point is changing the exhaust and the pulley and the plugs and air box ect will get you pretty much same power as a mini a with the JCW engine upgrade kit, yet will probably end up costing you more. When I had one and looked into doing all those mods it actually worked out about the same to just buy the one with it fitted from the factory plus it was ported I believe plus some other bits sure you guys know more as to what else was actually done

Not really. Can be done better and with more power for very little more if any money. The pulley on a jcw is something like 11% reduced where as a common aftermarket one will be 15 - 17%. The exhausts can be modified for very little money and a cooler is a few hundred. So all together say around £600 if your savvy with your money.
Not trying to start an arguement just stating that it can be done.

A2H GO

1st May 13 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ The difference is you get your money back with the JCW.
Hammer

1st May 13 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Normally like these but that looks hideous.
pow
Premium Member

1st May 13 at 09:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
quote:
Originally posted by pow
My main complaint is they are way too stiff/hard

Indeed, the bumping is incredible. I'd be interested to know how much of it is to do with the run-flat tires.

Incidentally, the interior looks no different/better/worse to me, than any of the others i've driven.

Misses mums one is currently running 4 normal tyres and a can of tyre weld in the boot and its not better. A little less noisey inside maybe
Steve
Premium Member

1st May 13 at 09:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO

I think these checkmates hold value quite well, only 695 of them knocking about
A2H GO

1st May 13 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They tramline like fuck too and constantly pull/drift to the kerb.
Steve
Premium Member

1st May 13 at 09:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alright m8 we get the point its shit because its not made by apple, you dont have to drive it though do you?
A2H GO

1st May 13 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO

I think these checkmates hold value quite well, only 695 of them knocking about

No I mean, if you spend £600-1000 making it faster you won't see it back, at least not all of it, whereas just buying a JCW thats already faster may cost you more to begin with, but you'll get that back when you sell it.
A2H GO

1st May 13 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
alright m8 we get the point its shit because its not made by apple, you dont have to drive it though do you?

I've had 4 mate, including a JCW, I like them, jus sayin.

My mates got an 2011 plate JCW and it's no different.
SXI - Matt

1st May 13 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I never had any problem with 'tramlining' or pulling to the kurb in my mini s, in fact quite the opposite it was so easy and fun to drive. Handled really well, was a tad bumpy but its a sporty car so it's to be expected. If it wasn't that they cost far to much to run for there performance return I'd of kept mine

[Edited on 01-05-2013 by SXI - Matt]
mwg

1st May 13 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They do tram line but all cars I've driven with large wheels and low profile tyres tram line
A2H GO

1st May 13 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ True, I think the run flat tyres, heavy wheels and it being a small, lightish car make it more pronounced over say a 3 Series.
LeeM

1st May 13 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mums used to tramline, think she stuck with runflats though. my dads Z4 drives much better now hes took the run flats off though
SimonTW

1st May 13 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice purchase!

I've had mine about 5 years and love it. I don't think I'll ever sell it to be honest. It's quick, handles awesome, comfortable on long trips and delivers high 30's on the mpg! It's not standard though. I'd defo say ditch the run flats to improve the way it drives!

[Edited on 01-05-2013 by SimonTW]

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mini Day 22 database queries in 0.0123181 seconds