corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Colour video of London in 1927

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Colour video of London in 1927
Ben G

User status: Offline
14th May 13 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Absolutely beautiful.

Also if you think London wasn't full of all ethinicitys back then, then you are severely mistaken. It's just the amount of people now it appears so much more.

I love the Dunlop Ads and how big the Tower looks. It's so dwarfed now, but it looks so amazing and spacious. I would give anything to spend a day there in that time

My nan was born and grew up in east london and she said you never used to see a black person aeound there.

There was a black MP a few years before or after that IIRC. Hardly rare. Then there is Chinatown,
Jewish quarter etc... That's where Jack the Ripper ran away through after one of the murders. Hugely diverse unsurprisingly as its a shipping/port town on the sea. You will find globally that there is a common trend for most ports etc being ethinically diverse.

never seen a black chinese man mate.
Welly Wanger

14th May 13 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John, my old friend kicked the bucket before the world ended. It was a real shame he didnt get to see the wonderful things happen.

He looked a mess the last time i saw him and new his time was soon. R.I.P Ted

I know there were coloured people here as the area what I grew up in had coloured butlers at the time.

But one thing for sure London was a shit hole then and still is now.

Up the norvrn monkehs!!
GB123
Premium Member

14th May 13 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Welly Wanger
John, my old friend kicked the bucket before the world ended. It was a real shame he didnt get to see the wonderful things happen.

Such as?
SVM 286

14th May 13 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Pretty cool

https://vimeo.com/7638752

Brilliant find Steve. Thanks for sharing.

Seen some Friese-Greene stuff on BBC4 before. It's incredible.

So strange, so cool and so fascinating looking at colour moving pictures from the thick end of a century ago.

Nath

15th May 13 at 07:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GB123
quote:
Originally posted by Welly Wanger

Such as?

This should be good.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Colour video of London in 1927 22 database queries in 0.0053492 seconds