corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » crashed it

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author crashed it
Edges 58

User status: Offline
14th May 13 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isn't it worth going through insurance to repair his if its nearly £1k to repair?

I did the same thing with a cyclist, someone I worked with too! No damage, didn't knock her off the bike, no injury, no time off work.. Over a month later she suddenly had whip lash and claimed over £3k :O
chrisritch

14th May 13 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom130691
Trying to avoid insurance, mine will be fixed tonight,

The Audi driver was a genuinely. Nice guy, won't be whip lash as he was complaining about people that do that,

That doesn't mean anything. When I wrote off my corsa the guy said he was absolutely fine and nothing to worry about but still managed to get £2.3k
tom130691
Premium Member

14th May 13 at 14:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

few little things to do tommorow but the rain was annoying me,
SVM 286

14th May 13 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did something very similar to a Mundano estate in my W124.

The Ford looked like it had been hit by a wrecking ball.
nibnob21
Premium Member

14th May 13 at 14:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Morette indicators...but no morettes?

MX5 Project Thread
tom130691
Premium Member

14th May 13 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
Morette indicators...but no morettes?

came on the bumper
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

14th May 13 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
He's happy to get a cash price problem is he would rather it be done at Audi as iys a brand new car, they recon no more damage underneath, but Audi want a new bumper and gril around £900.....

Ouch, if thats the only option I'd be asking for the 'damaged' bumper in return, straight on ebay.
3CorsaMeal

14th May 13 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surprised we don't have plastic bonnets yet
tom130691
Premium Member

14th May 13 at 15:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:
He's happy to get a cash price problem is he would rather it be done at Audi as iys a brand new car, they recon no more damage underneath, but Audi want a new bumper and gril around £900.....

Ouch, if thats the only option I'd be asking for the 'damaged' bumper in return, straight on ebay.

might try that
3CorsaMeal

14th May 13 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Audi won't buy a new bumper, they will just fix that one and pretend they bought a new one from themselves.
jonnysri

14th May 13 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

couldnt of hit anything newer could you
jaybe

15th May 13 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did the same in my esccy scuffed back of theres but it was a loan car as geezers other car was in for repairs . mine crumpled bonnet broke headlamp and rad . mine was written off his had small scratch on bumper but they said hire car needed new rear panel bumper respray ( his fault road was clear he moved so did I then he put brakes on I was looking at clear road looked up and bang )
Ben G

15th May 13 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's not his fault at all. you should be looking at the car directly in front of you.

annoys me when people can't just accept they were in the wrong.
Steve
Premium Member

15th May 13 at 10:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
Trying to avoid insurance, mine will be fixed tonight,

The Audi driver was a genuinely. Nice guy, won't be whip lash as he was complaining about people that do that,

That doesn't mean anything. When I wrote off my corsa the guy said he was absolutely fine and nothing to worry about but still managed to get £2.3k

yep most people are reasonable until they get a phone call offering them grands on a plate
Whittie

15th May 13 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
it's not his fault at all. you should be looking at the car directly in front of you.

I cannot stand people who hesitate on roundabouts, my new found anger for them seems to get worse daily. Nobody there, go. Sitting waiting for a claim!
Steve
Premium Member

15th May 13 at 10:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep they are fuckwits, however they cannot be blamed, they are there to be seen
jaybe

15th May 13 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

ohh get you I did look and he was moving and I looked to make sure round about was clear as you do and it was . but he' d stopped for no reason what do you just looka t car in front and not look to see if road is clear . we were both at fault you get wankers like that when we on two wheels and drive like c**ts iam a biker you see and member of motorcycle clubs so don't like car drivers much . don't set me off
corsajay88

15th May 13 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Replace the slam panel. I crashed 1 of mine and it did pretty much the same damage. Unless you get the slam panel perfect which you won't the bonnet won't shut or catch properly and you'll never get your headlights properly aligned. Its a bit of a pain to do but better in the long run
tom130691
Premium Member

15th May 13 at 11:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsajay88
Replace the slam panel. I crashed 1 of mine and it did pretty much the same damage. Unless you get the slam panel perfect which you won't the bonnet won't shut or catch properly and you'll never get your headlights properly aligned. Its a bit of a pain to do but better in the long run

already on

nathy_87

15th May 13 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good tom. Good to see that you're doing it back up.
Balling
Premium Member

15th May 13 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jaybe
ohh get you I did look and he was moving and I looked to make sure round about was clear as you do and it was . but he' d stopped for no reason what do you just looka t car in front and not look to see if road is clear . we were both at fault you get wankers like that when we on two wheels and drive like c**ts iam a biker you see and member of motorcycle clubs so don't like car drivers much . don't set me off
Annoying as it is it's still purely your fault. No way around that, no matter how many wheels you're on.

Ben G

15th May 13 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jaybe
quote:

Should've made sure he was gone before driving onto the roundabout. If a kid had run into the road, you'd have run them over because you weren't paying attention to what was infront of you.
Graeme
Premium Member

15th May 13 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would ask to get a quote from another bodyshop. Doesn't look like it needs a bumper at all, imo from the pic if no bits are needed that's a £400 max repair.
Ben G

15th May 13 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why should he get it repaired rather than replaced? He's just bought a brand new audi and got hit through no fault of his own.
Graeme
Premium Member

15th May 13 at 19:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you went through insurance they probably wouldn't replace it. And even if they did depending on the insurance company it may be a pattern part.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » crashed it 23 database queries in 0.0146978 seconds