corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Best Man Speeches

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Best Man Speeches
dava.

User status: Offline
16th May 13 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as like a good few others done one for the 1st time last month.

was no where near as nervous as i thought i would have been, i kept mine pretty simple with a few light hearted digs at the groom (few generic ones like how lucky he was leaving there with a warm , loving caring wife, and how lucky she was leaving wife a gorgeous dress and bunch of flowers) just to add in a few laughs, etc

don't get too bladdered before hand, a few to settle nerves is all good,

willing to send mine over to browse through and pick ideas from if its any use to you just drop us a pm , its not overly great but its something to build from and adapt to make your own etc
Iain M

16th May 13 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dava. PM sent
pow
Premium Member

16th May 13 at 23:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As much as I'd shit myself doing it I could never say no to someone who had asked me to do it. Think that's a bit off tbh

[Edited on 16-05-2013 by pow]
Nath

17th May 13 at 06:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed. It's an honour.
Carl

17th May 13 at 07:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah agreed. Youve just got to step up to the plate, I hatedbeing centre of attention and ppublic speaking but youve just got to get through it. Put the time in to make speech and practice and you'll be fine.

People said it was good after but I didnt believe them as thats what people say anyway, but I must abmit I watched it on video and it was decent and I thought id hate watching it back!
pow
Premium Member

17th May 13 at 08:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't want to watch it back
mwg

17th May 13 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
As much as I'd shit myself doing it I could never say no to someone who had asked me to do it. Think that's a bit off tbh

[Edited on 16-05-2013 by pow]

Agree with that. Not something I particularly want to do but if I ever get asked I'd do it.
Iain M

17th May 13 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh i can't wait to do it, just dreadiing the speach. Have pretty muh got most of the material now just need to sit down on my own with lots of cigs next week and put it all together.
Cheers for all help offered.
Rich H

17th May 13 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup done 2 in the past year. Hated it both times as I am now one for public speaking!

2nd time went a lot better though and had everybody laughing with me rather than at me.

Used this site for a few ideas in terms of construction and stole a few jokes etc from them:

http://www.hitched.co.uk/speeches/samples/samplespeechhome.aspx#bestman
Ian
Site Administrator

18th May 13 at 14:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did mine yesterday. Smashed it.

Groom did his in verse. Also smashed.

Easy if you know what you want to say.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Best Man Speeches 22 database queries in 0.0094450 seconds