corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » radical vs old golf at the 'ring.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author radical vs old golf at the 'ring.
sc0ott

User status: Offline
24th May 13 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Radical driver was in forza mode. No one stops in forza.
Corsa_Sport21

24th May 13 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Radical was flyin. Looks like the brakes work pretty good too seemed to scrub off the speed pretty quick.

Looks like the Radical was at fault though. No space, not exactly a slim car and the Golf seemed to be taking the line for the corner which the radical driver should have seen coming tbh.
neil h

24th May 13 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only on the Internet could that Golf be deemed responsible

Say what you want about Ring rules/etiquette and bad lines. Ultimately the radical had plenty of time to see the Gold and should have given it a bit of space. Shouldn't have relied on the Golf to have seen him IMO.
Steve
Premium Member

24th May 13 at 17:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
Is it courtesy on ring to move right for faster people?

Its courtesy to do that whereva, unless its a race day. In which case you have the blue flags.

The radical was given space, the golf was right over the other side of the road when he went to go past how much more space do you want? The golf on the grass waving him past with his penis?

My experience is if you have the gap and need to go past, do it as quick as possible, dawdling waiting for somebody to change their mind is asking for trouble, drive confidently and (usually) you will be safer
sc0ott

24th May 13 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On a normal road you wont pull to the right to let someone past.
Haimsey
Premium Member

24th May 13 at 17:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant believe i waited so long for 10 seconds of something.

I dont know who'd be at fault, but i know who won.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Steve
Premium Member

24th May 13 at 17:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You would in a country that drives on the right hand side of the road, its procedure to overtake on the left
3CorsaMeal

24th May 13 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Radical, its always the person behinds fault.

Was literally a couple of seconds to spot that in the mirror, golf had no chance
3CorsaMeal

24th May 13 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
Radical driver was in forza mode. No one stops in forza.

#lol

Steve
Premium Member

24th May 13 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal

Was literally a couple of seconds to spot that in the mirror, golf had no chance

Almost ten seconds as I said 2:27 - 2:35 is where he would have been noticed approaching if the guy was frequenting his mirrors. Watch the radicals POV you can see the golf miles before, if you can see the golf the golf could see him

[Edited on 24-05-2013 by Steve]
3CorsaMeal

24th May 13 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shouldn't go racing in nans old golf tbh
Steve
Premium Member

24th May 13 at 18:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant see how they make good track cars, my mate had a 1.8 driver back in the day, was shite
3CorsaMeal

24th May 13 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon it was an act of terror by the radical driver.

JonnyJ

24th May 13 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal

Almost ten seconds as I said 2:27 - 2:35 is where he would have been noticed approaching if the guy was frequenting his mirrors. Watch the radicals POV you can see the golf miles before, if you can see the golf the golf could see him

In the comments the guy driving the Golf says the Radical was painted a matt gray colour and had no lights so didnt stand out well at all.
Corsa_Sport21

24th May 13 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some of the comments show how the Radical shouldn't have tried to pass in the 1st place.

No over-taking on bends. Pretty sure that was a bend.

Also, the Radical wouldn't have exactly been as easy to spot as a full size car.
3CorsaMeal

24th May 13 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm leaving before Willay comes along and claims its internet and then nic barnes will throw a wobbly about experts with keyboards.
sc0ott

24th May 13 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you listen carefully, the radical sounds just like a golf
Hammer

24th May 13 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From a non-track day going, lowly, maggot it looks to me as if the Golf is completely at fault.
taylorboosh

24th May 13 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The radical is fast as fuck mind
Steve
Premium Member

24th May 13 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It wasnt a bend, you can take that section of the track flat out, on either side of the road. There isnt even rumble kerbing there.

I think thats what threw the radical driver, you dont need to take a racing line, yet oddly the golf was doing that.

Kyle T
Premium Member

24th May 13 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know very little about track day etiquette... but I'm going to talk anyway

I'd have given the radical the corner if he'd at least managed to get alongside the golf... he didn't though, he just rear ended him.

I know in F1, if someone dives up the inside and manages to get level - it becomes the "defendant"'s responsibility to yield. The Radical didn't even get that far, he just misread/anticipated the golf.

That all said, both parties could have avoided the collision - pretty clumsy on both sides.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Steve
Premium Member

24th May 13 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id say he got that far, he hit the golfs rear 1/4 hence the spin, the radical was holding his line, was going faster and went through a clear gap on a straight fast section of the track. The golf when he went to go past was on the right hand side of the track, it wasnt tight, and he couldnt possibly have been shown anymore room unless the golf went onto the grass.

The golf clearly was focussed on going forwards, and paying zero attention to rear or sides at any point in the previous 10 seconds before the crash. This is a massive no no.

The radical was clearly on line, didnt deviate and the golf closed him out on his way through, hence the golf hit him

Kyle T
Premium Member

24th May 13 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Front of Radical hitting rear of golf =/= level

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
taylorboosh

24th May 13 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He got to the bumper at most, and that is only because he was going so fast
Steve
Premium Member

24th May 13 at 18:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Radical actually scrubs a lot of speed of which is again a praise of his driving, at time of collision he'd nearly gotten down to the same speed as the golf.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » radical vs old golf at the 'ring. 23 database queries in 0.0134189 seconds