corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Testing the water for selling car

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Testing the water for selling car
spencer88

User status: Offline
11th Jun 13 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You may have 4k worth of bits in the engine/ gearbox, doesn't mean it is worth 4k.
taylorboosh

11th Jun 13 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see -

Engine £1k
Brakes - £400
Morretes £150
Rear airdam and exhaust £200
Mirrors £100
Intercooler and other engine bay bling £600
Single wiper conversion £40
Suspension if coilies maybe £300
Wheels cant see them and imagine theyre old school but £300
Bonnet £100 on a ver very good day
Smooth boot - £100
Both doors £100
Outdated but high quality Ice £600
Interior if you find a girl racer with no taste £300
Shell £150
GB123
Premium Member

11th Jun 13 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
I can see -

Engine £1k
Brakes - £400
Morretes £150
Mirrors £100
Smooth boot - £100
Both doors £100
Shell £150

Mirrors £100?

No way will you get anywhere near that for most of the stuff, a lot of it i'd imagine you'd struggle to sell.
3CorsaMeal

11th Jun 13 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leather can be recoloured, would be epic work but would make it more sellable
Daimo B

11th Jun 13 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
Other than the running gear I don't see it being worth much tbh, not much else on it is desirable these days.

Think you missed the boat and should of sold it years ago!

I agree on selling it years ago, but we were hopeful to always keep it and use it.

But shes got a faster more comfy car as standard, and I can't see it ever being used again really which is a shame. But its costing us every month to keep it, and theres a lot more things to do in life and now the plates off the car, I can't see any point in keeping it the funds can be used elsewhere.

at that person writing a spec sheet that small, ya, that is all thats on it

3 cars and 2 bikes between 2 of us though simply means I've not got the space to strip it myself, and tbh, its utter hassle with time wasters and idiots trying to knock silly amounts off. We know we won't make the money back, but theres a lot of items on the car that would make someone with some space some decent money back from stripping it. We'd rather take less and sell it and save the hassle.

This is a Corsa site, was putting the interest out there first here, and will bung it on egay as a classified, its not really much for a 28 day listing. If it doesn't sell, it doesn't sell, it can keep going up, and it no-one wants it, then I will have to go down the pain in the arse route, and start stripping the bugger (well, I say me, I'll just employ Lee Mitchell ).

Oh, Robin, even worse, the filters Powertec, I think your an old member so should know who sold those I think on here, that actually may need me to pay someone to take it

Balling, from some of the users Im seeing replying (and ignoring), their opinions are no't worth anything as they were always disliked myself/the car. But seeing as CS is the largest Corsa website, it makes sense to put this up here as there are some proper owners still (esp by going by the CS PVS pics).
Daimo B

11th Jun 13 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GB123
Mirrors £100?

Stienmetz, rare now, and mega pricey when new. Worth what some hardcore Corsa owner is willing to pay for them I guess.
GB123
Premium Member

11th Jun 13 at 15:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They could be the rarest mirrors in the world and cost a grand when new, still doesn't change the fact nobody is putting that sort of thing on corsas any more.
taylorboosh

11th Jun 13 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GB123
quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
I can see -

Engine £1k
Brakes - £400
Morretes £150
Mirrors £100
Smooth boot - £100
Both doors £100
Shell £150

Mirrors £100?

No way will you get anywhere near that for most of the stuff, a lot of it i'd imagine you'd struggle to sell.

Bet those mirrors will fetch £100 atleast for some one whos got a steiny kit.

Daimo it was a basic spec sheet but i bet theres not a great deal more worth anything
LeeM

11th Jun 13 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should be in classifieds.
corsa_sean

11th Jun 13 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wish i had the money to buy this always loved this car and least it still looks different these days compared to everyone doing same thing with"lowz" and bbs's etc
RichR
Premium Member

11th Jun 13 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you'll get £4k if you're prepared to wait for the right person but whilst that might take 5 minutes, it might also take 5 months or even years. Why not bang it on piston heads or eBay classifieds and see what interest you get. Speculate to accumulate so to speak.

When I split my (significantly less modified) corsa, I was surprised at the random things that sold for good money, standard components rather than modified ones-struggled with speakers but did sell amps. But standard trim parts and panels seemed to go easily for far more than I expected.

To be fair, it could make a decent track car, remove and sell the interior, ICE, wheels and none standard panels-replace with grp or carbon versions and track orientated wheels and it could be a goer for someone
j10E W

11th Jun 13 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its a shame to see it get broken up for parts
I remember seeing it around town when i was younger used to love it
Ad its still looks in very good condition now,
Cool car
Jambo

11th Jun 13 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What Live Lee said tbh. Some girl will see it want it and buy it.

Not the most audacious price for a unique car really. Would have been a lot easier couple of years ago obviously but that's irrelevant.

Stick it on eBay and set reserve at 4k.

Job done.
Daimo B

11th Jun 13 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great call LiveLee, Pistonheads, totally forgot about that place. But as you say, held onto it for years, whats a few months more going to hurt

The shells in great shape still, and as you say, great basis for a track corsa as the templates there, and items to sell, and I think from looking around that standard LET corsas are going for £2.5-£3.5k as it is.

I know its not to peoples tastes these days, and I would really like to see it go to a good home and be loved as much as we have. That was the wifes fear, that we'd go to a show and it would be wrecked, but we dont really go to these kinda things anymore.

J1oe, its still exactly the same condition as you would have seen it years ago Spotless!
Colin

11th Jun 13 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eBay classified add is your best bet & some rich daddies girl will pay your asking price for that!
smcGSI16V

11th Jun 13 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember this car from late 90's when going to billing with PNG.

The car is marmite, and I never really liked it.

But good luck with the sale and well done for keeping it this long.
corb

11th Jun 13 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gaz

11th Jun 13 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo, I think you might be a little stuck here. You obviously wish for this to sell quick as it's costing you money but giving it away is an obvious no no.

Why not try and create a viral ad... a cheeky boob shot mistakenly uploaded to get maximum interest in it or something similar. In the past these things spread like wild fire and an unsuspecting person who isn't necessarily looking for a corsa may read the spec and actually think that is a lot of car for the cash.

Yes, it's not to everyone's taste but neither was Beardy's v6 (personally I loved it) but he still has that rolling around
corb

11th Jun 13 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok ok, calm down steve. why do you always wind him up, cant you get over it?! it's like being in a school playground
FlamingCorsa

11th Jun 13 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For such a heavily modified corsa this has stood up well when u think how long ago it was done, still looks good in my eyes. . . . Not much on the car that's standard. Hope it does sell and is not split for parts, seems a shame to split it.
Tiger

11th Jun 13 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Second on that, hope it doesn't get split. Same era as the original C4RSA. Good times.
CORSA NUT

11th Jun 13 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could see someone buying this for 3k no problem.
taylorboosh

11th Jun 13 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£3k yes i agree, it still doesnt look too dated... Not compared to some
3CorsaMeal

11th Jun 13 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Standard rear lights. Bbs rims and some hellaflush. Recolur the interior and maybe add some graphics to hide some of the paint and it could look quite edition38.
Pip308

12th Jun 13 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Standard rear lights. Bbs rims and some hellaflush. Recolur the interior and maybe add some graphics to hide some of the paint and it could look quite edition38.

to be edition 38, it'd just need an exterior respray in a pastel blue/green/grey, wheels from the wrong model and standard bodywork. interior is spot on for currrent "sCeNe" cars

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Testing the water for selling car 22 database queries in 0.0134530 seconds