corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Royal Fail

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Royal Fail
Ste
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Jul 13 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TNT run the dutch postal service and that's meant to be really good.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
BluKoo

11th Jul 13 at 01:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste
TNT run the dutch postal service and that's meant to be really good.

If DPD ran our post i'd be happy.
fir3vip3r

11th Jul 13 at 04:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Visions of Yodel taking over. That would be a good laugh!
taylorboosh

11th Jul 13 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wont notice any change imo
Steve
Premium Member

11th Jul 13 at 07:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Postmen are obscenely paid anyway, would be interesting to see their pay compared to other run of the mill delivery drivers
Cavey

11th Jul 13 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The pay is pretty good for unskilled work tbf.

No point me trying to argue for Royal Mail on here as everyone has their opinion of them being wank anyway.

Big cities will be fine as they're profitable, will be interesting to see what happens with Rural locations which don't make any money for whoever is taking over
Steve
Premium Member

11th Jul 13 at 08:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think they are wank. They have always delivered for me (pun)

I think the posties are overpaid though and the post offices are shit, but as said they arent part of RM
ed

11th Jul 13 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most things can be sent out electronically these days anyway. Who needs a paper electricity bill? I'm sure the majority of the stuff we get through is non-addressed junk.
ed

11th Jul 13 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saying that, there's still an obvious need for parcel and packet delivery.
LeeM

11th Jul 13 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bet it gets better.
Ste
Premium Member

11th Jul 13 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RM are seeing a 7% per year drop in letters needing delivery yet an increase in packets. If they can maintain competitiveness in the packet service they should have no worries tbh.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ste
Premium Member

11th Jul 13 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saying that, my old postie was a lazy cunt. Our letter box was at the end of the drive, to help him out so he did't have to walk so far really. He would drive up in his van, wind down the window and put the letters in. Many a time you would see him as you're eating breakfast, only to go out to collect it and there be a 'sorry we missed you' card.

Steve
Premium Member

11th Jul 13 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have rang up and gone mad
taylorboosh

11th Jul 13 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste
Saying that, my old postie was a lazy cunt. Our letter box was at the end of the drive, to help him out so he did't have to walk so far really. He would drive up in his van, wind down the window and put the letters in. Many a time you would see him as you're eating breakfast, only to go out to collect it and there be a 'sorry we missed you' card.

Too fucking right id complain, my postie is ok tbh
mwg

11th Jul 13 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
one thing they can improve on is the post offices, so much fucking about, dilly dallying and chatting as though no other fucker is waiting

What really annoys me is that lunch time is a busy time with people on their breaks but half the staff behind the counters seem to disappear for their own lunch at the exact moment the Post Office starts getting busy. Queues going out the door and there's one person on the counter and another sat on the foreign exchange counter
taylorboosh

11th Jul 13 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its just cost me £16 to send a 6kg parcel on a 48 hour service.... I have a good mind to drive to TNT next time
Carl

11th Jul 13 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Parcel prices at RM have gone through the roof. Right joke.
deano87

11th Jul 13 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
Parcel prices at RM have gone through the roof. Right joke.

This.

And I got proper done the other week.

Bought some handlebars off Chain Reaction Cycles. Delivered, in a box via Royal Mail 1st Class. Not recorded, standard parcels. I sell some bars that they replaced, in the same box, go to the Post Office. "Oh they're too long". Only option is Parcelforce 48. Sold the bars for £15 plus £4 postage. Cost me £16 or so to send them

She said Chain Reaction Cycles must have a deal with RM to post different sized items.

Money robbing bastards
Jambo

11th Jul 13 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did a quote for parcel force to send a small package second class worth £100.....

£26 fucking quid!!!!!!

Hermes smashed it at £8 insured up to £100. Easier process and no messing around.

Royal Fail belongs in the bin. Antiquated and useless whilst being an astonishing rip off. Sooner it gets binned the better.

Also love how they sat on my customs declaration for four weeks. Only for me to ring up and ask where my shit is, for them to say thank goodness you called we where just about to send it back as they hasn't heard from me. You tend not hear from people when you are too lazy/incompetent to send a letter/pick up the phone to communicate.

Dicks.

[Edited on 11-07-2013 by Jambo]
Carl

14th Jul 13 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I needed to post a little package/box and was at the post office so thought i'd take it and ask and it actually cost £2.30 so i'm not sure if they have revised their costs or not as I was actually quite shocked that it wasn't about a fiver.
deano87

14th Jul 13 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was probably standard parcel which will take forever and a day to get there, if at all.

Anything Recorded or insured is prohibitively expensive and almost them admitting they can't guarantee anything.
antnee

14th Jul 13 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing that annoys me about RM is that you have to pay through the nose to ensure a parcel arrives. You don't go into a restaurant and pay double to ensure you actually receive the food you ordered. If I can't have a courier collect a parcel I always try to use Collect+ now, much cheaper and a really good service. I skimped on some packaging, some bits were lost but I had compensation in less than 2 weeks.

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
one thing they can improve on is the post offices, so much fucking about, dilly dallying and chatting as though no other fucker is waiting

Aye but tbf to them, 99% of the queue is old dears wanting to buy a stamp and all of them feel the need to chat away for hours on end, they cant exactly fuck em off. Definitely annoying though, they need a 60+ lane.

OAP lane is a winner I think
Generation

14th Jul 13 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is they also need to have lunch...

Busy periods would be 11-2... You can expect one person to go on lunch at 2, then another at 3. When working 9-5....

They also can't employ somebody to work two hours a day.
Dom

14th Jul 13 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
You can expect one person to go on lunch at 2, then another at 3. When working 9-5....

What's the issue with staggering lunch times at the post office? It's pretty common everywhere else in retail
Cavey

27th Nov 13 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-11-27/royal-mail-report-surge-in-profits/

Massive rise in profits which the privatisation has had nothing to do with. So it really wasnt needed, and all in a sold off far too cheaply

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Royal Fail 23 database queries in 0.0140810 seconds